The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My dd bit my boob tonight and it gave such a fright that I shouted ouch, no biting QUITE loudly. It was worse because I wasn't even feeding her so really wasn't expecting it, she just caught me as I...swung past. Her wee face crumpled :(

I knocked a bottle off the shelf while getting LO ready for her bath last night and it hit her in the head :(

Well, i am now officially meant to be in this thread.

I feel absolutely horrendous - believe me i could not feel worse.

I always plug the baby monitor in to charge before we go to bed on my side of the bed. I go in to check on LO before we go sleep every night as well.

Well this morning i was woken up by a txt message from my friend and i looked at the clock and it was 9.30 - immediately i think omg - Amy is usually awake at 7.30.

I look at the monitor and its dead - i'd forgotten to plug it in!!!

I raced into her room and she was awake, not screaming but had gotten to the hiccuppy snuffle stage (which breaks my heart)

But god love her as soon as she saw me she gave me a huge beaming smile - i on the other hand crumpled into tears.

She's been sleeping right through for a couple of weeks now so im not concerned that she was awake all night plus my OH gets up at 5am to go to work and she was asleep then. But that means that she was awake for maybe 2 hours crying for me. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

She's gone back down for a nap now with no issues which im elated at, i didnt want her to be afraid to be in her cot again.

I think i go in at number 1 for the bad mothers chart. :cry:

I had Lo sat on my lap as I was getting him dressed. I was nattering away to DF, whilst struggling to get the poppers open on LO's vest, they finally released and my hand shot back and smacked him on the head. Crikey I felt awful and he cried a little bit.

The poor boy will have a direct line to Esther Ranson at this rate :doh:

I don't think this is so bad but apparently everyone that saw me do it thinks so.

A few weeks ago I was really sick and couldn't keep anything down for a week. The ER doctor told me to drink some of my daughter's pedialyte. The first thing I noticed was it tasted like watery gatorade. Yuck.

We were out and about and LO was inconsolable, and wouldn't take her paci. I had a gatorade. So what do I do? I dip the paci in my gatorade (I do NOT give her a DRINK, there was maybe a handful of drops on the paci...) and give it to LO. She loved it, it calmed her down, problem solved.

I got some killer looks from some elderly ladies in the store though, and they kept "whispering" to each other about teen mothers...okay TECHNICALLY I am a teen, but for the record, I am 19. I just look younger.

Whatever. Anyway, I apparently am a horrid mother.

hi girls feeling a bit crappy I was so tired and co-sleeped with my lo the other night and he fell out if my bed he was ok once i picked him up but still makes me feel really down that i put my sleep before him

Well, i am now officially meant to be in this thread.

I feel absolutely horrendous - believe me i could not feel worse.

I always plug the baby monitor in to charge before we go to bed on my side of the bed. I go in to check on LO before we go sleep every night as well.

Well this morning i was woken up by a txt message from my friend and i looked at the clock and it was 9.30 - immediately i think omg - Amy is usually awake at 7.30.

I look at the monitor and its dead - i'd forgotten to plug it in!!!

I raced into her room and she was awake, not screaming but had gotten to the hiccuppy snuffle stage (which breaks my heart)

But god love her as soon as she saw me she gave me a huge beaming smile - i on the other hand crumpled into tears.

She's been sleeping right through for a couple of weeks now so im not concerned that she was awake all night plus my OH gets up at 5am to go to work and she was asleep then. But that means that she was awake for maybe 2 hours crying for me. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

She's gone back down for a nap now with no issues which im elated at, i didnt want her to be afraid to be in her cot again.

I think i go in at number 1 for the bad mothers chart. :cry:

Big hugs hun, I've never even had a monitor so don't worry about not hearing LO. I have no idea how many times but I can guarantee I've not always heard her in the morning the minute she wakes up. CHin up. :hugs:

Jessica trapped her fingers in the door today :( I was far too busy making dinner to even notice what shed done until I saw the red mark on her hands.......felt really bad...she cried and cried...I know it happens but you still feel awful!

Oh honey, big hugs to you both. Flipping fingers, they're a menace! Molly keeps shutting hers in my pj drawer in the bedroom, you'd think she'd have learnt by now. I'm now using 'magic cream' on every injury, hehe. Don't worry though, those pretty little things will be ok. xxx

im such a tit! I gave libby off milk on her cereal! I dont know why I hadnt checked it! It went off on 20th May so thats like 5 days Iv been giving her of milk and Iv been wondering why she hasnt been eating it?? this morning she ate quite a bit tho as the strawberry porridge must hide the taste whereas she has had musli or weetabix last couple of mornings... she was sick a little and it stank and iv had to take her to mil to be watched as im at uni, im passed myself!

im such a tit! I gave libby off milk on her cereal! I dont know why I hadnt checked it! It went off on 20th May so thats like 5 days Iv been giving her of milk and Iv been wondering why she hasnt been eating it?? this morning she ate quite a bit tho as the strawberry porridge must hide the taste whereas she has had musli or weetabix last couple of mornings... she was sick a little and it stank and iv had to take her to mil to be watched as im at uni, im passed myself!

I have done that before. Luckily I realised half way through and stopped trying to feed her it! We have different milk so I never thought to check. Oops! Didn't do her any harm though-:dohh:

Thought die add some of mine to make you ladies feel better hehe.

When LO was a couple weeks I went to the movies with my mum and her and took her out to change her the. When going back In banged her head on the door. She was fine but I felt horrid. Also done on the outside car window a couple weeks after :cry: :blush:

When she was 7 months she crawled into the kitchen opened the pantry and ate a tea bag!

Put her on my shoulders once then tried to get her off and pocked her in the eye!

We went to shop a month ago we in the car I gave LO the car key to play with while I sorted out my bag. Yup. Then I got out shut the door and walked round to LOs door and heard a click click. Oh crap my heart sunk, shed locked herslelf in. I looked through the window to see her happy as anything clicking the button over and over. Thank god she turned the key round and clicked the open button! I was so happy :happydance: and sad I cried :cry: she didn't know anything was even wrong.

Aw I love my baby she's put up with alot poor thing

Well the other day my 13 month old daughter pulled a CD rack on top of herself and sat and lucky the CD rack did not go on her but all the CD's did and Me and OH couldn't help but laugh but then reaalsised she was crying i felt so bad. And then this morning i went in to the kitchen to find Lily licking my eye shadow - yup she had opened it somehow and was actually licking the contents of it! I was so worried that I rang NHS direct and they said she should be fine than god!!!

about 2 months ago Cal wasnt quite to the point of rolling over yet so i put him in his swing while i ran to the bathroom to wash my hands after cleaning him up from an explosive diaper. well i didnt strap him in. i was gone for maybe a minute when i heard the scream. poor bug had rolled out of his swing and landed tummy first on the floor :cry: i freaked out. i was shaking and crying, i kept watching him all day scared he would have had a concussion or something. thankfully he was fine within about 2 minutes.

I got fedup with Thomas not sleeping today, and when he reached out to scratch my face (he likes the way his fingernails feel on things) I yelled and he burst into tears. I was just in such a bad mood!

Then he cried everytime I looked at him for about an hour :(

i was cutting my lil girls finger nails earlier when she started crying it wasnt til later i realised id caught her skin on her thumb n made it bleed! poor baby :(

Chloe was in the front room playing ealier i thought she was far enough away from the gerbils cage but she wasnt and she put her hand into the door part and managed to open the cage one of the gerbils tried to espace and nibbled her hand. the nibble/bite made her cry but it meant we ran into the room before the gerbil got out of the cage.

i was cutting my lil girls finger nails earlier when she started crying it wasnt til later i realised id caught her skin on her thumb n made it bleed! poor baby :(

I did that a few weeks ago, not sure who cried more, me or the baby. :cry::cry::cry:

Molly pulled one of the dining room chairs on top of her yesterday..now she has a blue line going across the top of her nose between her eyes. I didn't let go of her for an hour and practically snatched her off my DH when she started crying. I just didn't want to put her down and thought that only I could comfort her. To be honest, she could have gone to the neighbour's cat and she'd still have had the same comfort but it made me feel bettert hat I was there. Poor thing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->