• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

This thread is brilliant, had me in stitches this morning lol

Hmm my worst parenting moment was when I put baby on my bed and left the room for like 2 seconds (yup just like all the HVs tell you not to). She rolled off and landed smack on her face. Had a bloody nose, I was so scared I thought I'd given her brain damage! :dohh:

Can I rename this to the Bad Fathers thread???

DH just put Charlie on the naughty spot, and forgot him! :dohh:

Poor little boy sat there in absolute silence for 12 minutes!!!!!!!

(I have to explain that I was upstairs at the time putting the ironing away)

:rofl: aww poor little guy, but well done on him sitting there

I was bathing Josh last night and I dropped the baby soap bottle on his face... It slipped right off my hand :cry: Poor thing cried, but soon starting giggling and smiling.

Today is alex's first birthday :D
But, even on a day thats meant to be great...something has to go wrong for me...

:hissy:

So, at about 11am we were coming downstairs waiting for grandma and granda and people to come round and as we were coming down (me carrying him) the dog ran up...i tripped over the dog and we both fell to the floor. So much pain :cry:

But, he didnt seem to hurt himself (we were only 5 stairs from the bottom or something), I think i got the worst of it. But still...on his birthday of all days to drop the poor boy.

He also had a minor choke on his cake...but thats another story for another time haha, got so much to do, only popped on to write this real quick!

Happy Birthday Alex, my boys growing up so fast :cry:

aw Happy Birthday Alex..

Today in town kyle managed to grab pants in La Senza, must have been hanging off the hanger already, but I didnt realise, and OH was pushing the buggy..I was lookin at some underwear when the girl approached and said "Excuse me, I think your sons puked on our underwear" to which I looked and replied "He's not mines.." and walked out, let OH with him. :lol::lol:

aw Happy Birthday Alex..

Today in town kyle managed to grab pants in La Senza, must have been hanging off the hanger already, but I didnt realise, and OH was pushing the buggy..I was lookin at some underwear when the girl approached and said "Excuse me, I think your sons puked on our underwear" to which I looked and replied "He's not mines.." and walked out, let OH with him. :lol::lol:

:rofl: Classic!

I let Damien bounce on the bed (so long as I'm there and close by) I figure you're only a kid once so have as much fun as you can! *LOL*

I have caught him with a pair of scissors once just yesterday but as soon as I told him to put them down he never bothered with them again.

I've let my mother in law hold him by the fire pit (BAD IDEA) only to have her put him down by the fire and him fall in. He's ok!!! I've never seen a pregnant woman run so fast in my LIFE!!! only a couple minor secondary burns that healed in about two weeks and now he's 100% back to normal although he still tries to use them as leverage when he gets in trouble *LOL*

Kieran fell down the stairs today caz i didn't put the gate on!:dohh:

aw Happy Birthday Alex..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aw Happy Birthday Alex..

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl: I've got to remember that one!

I reckon this thread should be turned into a book for charity. I'd buy it for all of my pregnant friends or new mothers.

When I was a new mum I was paranoid about getting it all perfect but it's good to know that you can get it wrong sometimes and do silly things and still have a happy ending. Babies can eat their poo and live for you to tell the tale to their future partners ;oD

And, hey, when they won't stop crying and are having awful tantrums, we need these funny/embarrasing/heart wrenching disasters to remind us why we keep having more babies.

Good idea cara, maybe Wobbles can do that lol.. and sell it in the B&B shop!

Got to agree, this thread makes me feel so.. normal lol

8am this morning my toddler decides to keep sticking his golf clubs in my face. :x Not being in the mood for golf I stuck my hand out moved the offending item to one side. Somehow with that motion I managed to unseat said toddler, sideways from the Futon. On the way to the ground he did a rather impressive flip. :lol: He landed, unhurt, on his face. :dohh: Luckily it's a traditional Futon; close to the ground. Don't know how he managed to fit the flip in but it looked good anyway. :D

lol these posts are good,reminds me that we are all human after all.
xx

I reckon this thread should be turned into a book for charity. I'd buy it for all of my pregnant friends or new mothers.

When I was a new mum I was paranoid about getting it all perfect but it's good to know that you can get it wrong sometimes and do silly things and still have a happy ending. Babies can eat their poo and live for you to tell the tale to their future partners ;oD

And, hey, when they won't stop crying and are having awful tantrums, we need these funny/embarrasing/heart wrenching disasters to remind us why we keep having more babies.

Thats actually a really great idea. Wobbs you should put something together and send it to a publisher!

I've just read this the whole way through and I've been laughing my head off! These stories are brilliant and I would deffo buy a book of them!!

I don't have any stories of my own children as I don't have any yet, but I do have a story about my aunties newborn.

She was 4 days old when we went round to see her, and I was holding her, and she was a right wriggler even at 4days. I stood up (can't remember what for) but as I was changing arms, she wriggled just at the wrong moment and nearly toppled off my arms...my heart has never beaten so fast in my life, I grabbed her round her belly and pulled her straight into me...never again am I changing arms whilst standing up!

After hitting myself 3 times to check this doesn't hurt, I'm ready to share in the guilt-free thread!

Today, I was playing on the Nintendo Wii with Caitlyn on my lap. She was leaning over the stearing wheel (we were playing mario) and I went to do a flip, you flip the control up to do that, and forgot she was there. BANG. Wacked her on the forehead. Everyone found it hilarious, and she didn't cry, but I was devistated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->