The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I was burping her and she shot up and sideways and fell out of my arms before I could react. Thankfully she landed on my bed...and just laid there and blinked at me.

I felt so bad though!

Went back into my room and LO was hanging half off the bed, holding on for dear life, sucking his dummy as though his life depended on it. Won't be leaving him on my bed again xx

You know those toys where there are coloured blocks in a frame which you hammer down then turn over and repeat? I was hammering one down (great hobby, relieves stress!) and it wouldn't go down. So I hit it harder, and harder. Lo yelped - her foot was underneath! BAD MUMMY!

Oh ladies, I'm sorry but these all really made me giggle! Just the mental images - especially MrsNovBaby's LO hanging off the bed. :haha:

We all do these things, I've had plenty of them - and thankfully our LOs aren't really hurt in the process!
:hugs:

Molly gave herself a black eye earlier where she fell in to the bottom drawer of my husband's drawer unit... :dohh: How I don't know but she's ok.

urgh i feel terrible, paige had an incident that should never have happened!! im soo stupid! She was in her bumbo on the bench while i was making tea, only OH hadnt put the tray on and she saw something on the floor leaned forwards and fell off then bench face first on to the tiled floor!!! most horrible sound her dead weight hitting the floor :cry:
bad mummy award definatly goes to me for letting her sot on the bench with no tray on the bumbo, doh!

Hugs :hugs: is she ok?

thanks, yes shes fine, cried for a few mins then carried on running round like nothing happened, i checked her and couldnt find any major marks. we were lucky!!

I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. Recently I've started trying to grow them out, cuz OH hates it when I bite my nails. I now have nails, which I'm not used to!

Look at her face!

https://i54.tinypic.com/t6rp87.jpg

i was upstairs getting ready and noticed LO's dummy, so thought i'd chuck it down the stairs so i didnt forget it, just as i'd let go, LO came to the bottom of the stairs and BONK! right on the head!!

I felt terrible!!

he was fine though...silly mummy!

she fell out her pram :(

i saw it happening, i put her in without strapping her in and went to pack her back (right next to her) and i thought 'i better strap her in, she'll reach out and fall' turned away again, turned back and she was on the floor!

It was infront of all my other mum friends and i think if they hadn't made a joke of it i would have burst into tears!

LO decided to have a huge tantrum the other day.After being fed,winded,nappy change,play time and hugs he was still screaming.

I went and put him up in his cot and left him having his tantrum while i tried to relax in the bath.

Horrible i know but he calmed down after 5 mins and eventually had a nap.I just didnt no what to do with him so just left him to it.

Wnt to the toilet, so put lo in her cot. Finished, went downstairs, made a cuppa and sat down in front of the telly before I realised she was still upstairs! She was fine though, quite happy playing by herself! Oops!

^^ :rofl: I've locked the car before now with her still in it when we get home, bbbaaaaadd mummy :blush:

LO decided to have a huge tantrum the other day.After being fed,winded,nappy change,play time and hugs he was still screaming.

I went and put him up in his cot and left him having his tantrum while i tried to relax in the bath.

Horrible i know but he calmed down after 5 mins and eventually had a nap.I just didnt no what to do with him so just left him to it.

You did the right thing, it's better for you to chill out than get worked up by it etc. He was probably just overtired and didn't know what to do with himself. It's not horrible at all.

^^ :rofl: I've locked the car before now with her still in it when we get home, bbbaaaaadd mummy :blush:

:rofl::blush: I've done this aswell!! Went to take LO to meet his Grandad for the first time, with my sister, on a mamouth trip down south. We arrived, let her kids out of the car, grabbed some bags (chatting away), locked the car, got to the front door, to be greeted by my Dad looking quite bemused as to where the new guest of honour was?

Yup, Alfie was sat, gazing around, in the back of the locked car!! :dohh:

I felt terrible, but couldn't help but laugh (a little!!) :wacko:

Hello,
I'm new to the site and it's this thread alone that made me become a poster instead of a lurker lol!
After I found this thread and read it ALL, I thought I'd better say thanks girls for giving me a bit more confidence in babies abilities to bounce!
No sooner than half an hour after finally finishing reading I caught my lo head on the side of the coffee table as I was putting him down! I felt awful especially as my DH was watching and called me a gobshite lol
Thanks again

Hello,
I'm new to the site and it's this thread alone that made me become a poster instead of a lurker lol!
After I found this thread and read it ALL, I thought I'd better say thanks girls for giving me a bit more confidence in babies abilities to bounce!
No sooner than half an hour after finally finishing reading I caught my lo head on the side of the coffee table as I was putting him down! I felt awful especially as my DH was watching and called me a gobshite lol
Thanks again

No problem darlin! Glad our ability to admit we're "bad mothers" gave you some confidence! :winkwink:

I did this last night. I also put him in the 2nd bedroom in his moses basket when he was crying. He stopped as soon as I closed the door a little :wacko: Leo just wants hugs and cries like mad if he doesnt get one. Im permanently carrying him on my shoulder which is almost always hurting from his weight:nope:

Hello,
Thanks again

OMG I can't believe you read the whole thread! Good job. I'm glad our crappiness made you feel better. :haha::haha:

Yesterday we decided to "get it on" as my dh so romantically puts it while Clara was taking her morning nap. She woke up early and we let her cry for a few minutes while we finished (dh, not me - he owes me one :rofl:).

Hello,
Thanks again

OMG I can't believe you read the whole thread! Good job. I'm glad our crappiness made you feel better. :haha::haha:

Yesterday we decided to "get it on" as my dh so romantically puts it while Clara was taking her morning nap. She woke up early and we let her cry for a few minutes while we finished (dh, not me - he owes me one :rofl:).

I'd say he probably owes you a couple :rofl::rofl:

Just had a giggle at the last few pages.

I've been an awful Mummy today.

Took Macy to the park and let her have a shot in the swing, was uber careful and nervous not to let her fall and managed really well and we had a great time. Then I lifted her out of it to transfer her to the pram and she just slipped through my hands and I dropped her. Luckily it was that soft rubbery tarmac stuff and she didn't care, just gave me a raised eyebrows look like "what are you doing you moron?" but she was all covered in little stones and grass. Gave her extra cuddles at bedtime lol.

I also let her eat loads of my sausages at bedtime then afterwards looked them up on the net to make sure it was okay (bit late lol) and realised they are full of salt and other crap. Ooops

xx

Took Macy to the park and let her have a shot in the swing, was uber careful and nervous not to let her fall and managed really well and we had a great time. Then I lifted her out of it to transfer her to the pram and she just slipped through my hands and I dropped her. Luckily it was that soft rubbery tarmac stuff and she didn't care, just gave me a raised eyebrows look like "what are you doing you moron?" but she was all covered in little stones and grass. Gave her extra cuddles at bedtime lol.

I also let her eat loads of my sausages at bedtime then afterwards looked them up on the net to make sure it was okay (bit late lol) and realised they are full of salt and other crap. Ooops

xx

But they're so yummy!

xx

But they're so yummy!

I know, she loved them, I think she ate more than me lol. I meant dinnertime not bedtime though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->