The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Just had a giggle at the last few pages.

I've been an awful Mummy today.

Took Macy to the park and let her have a shot in the swing, was uber careful and nervous not to let her fall and managed really well and we had a great time. Then I lifted her out of it to transfer her to the pram and she just slipped through my hands and I dropped her. Luckily it was that soft rubbery tarmac stuff and she didn't care, just gave me a raised eyebrows look like "what are you doing you moron?" but she was all covered in little stones and grass. Gave her extra cuddles at bedtime lol.

I also let her eat loads of my sausages at bedtime then afterwards looked them up on the net to make sure it was okay (bit late lol) and realised they are full of salt and other crap. Ooops

xx

But they're so yummy!

I know, she loved them, I think she ate more than me lol. I meant dinnertime not bedtime though! x

My LO is only 2 months old, and (I'm a bad mommy) if I'm eating chips I'll touch it to her lip and she'll just sit there and lick her lips over and over again.

Yum salt!

My baby girl tryed to feed me a piece of celery, once her finger got close enough to my mouth, she stuck the finger in, not the celery. I bit it just enough for her to look at me with the saddest eyes like "mom...I can't believe you just did that!"

The other day, I laid Zoe on the couch so I could put on my Moby to take her outside and just as I looked down to straighten out the fabric, I looked back up and she was gone! She fell off the couch. :( I was maybe 5 feet away, I rushed over and there she was on her side and had the biggest booboo lip you'd ever seen! She cried a bit and I checked her over to see if she whimpered when I touched her head or something but she was fine. Little crapper must have decided to scoot, caught the cushion and woops! :( She had loads of cuddles, though. :)

You know those toys where there are coloured blocks in a frame which you hammer down then turn over and repeat? I was hammering one down (great hobby, relieves stress!) and it wouldn't go down. So I hit it harder, and harder. Lo yelped - her foot was underneath! BAD MUMMY!

This has literally made me cry with laughter! =;=;

I was laying on the floor next to LO (her feet by my chest, laying the opposite direction of me.) I had a handful of sweet tarts (not smarties size, out of a movie theater size box. I reached over her to grab her binky, and dropped a sweet tart. I spent 3 minutes looking for that damn sweet tart....and then I found it...

LO was happily sucking away at it.

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

I tried to take it out of her mouth and she clamped her mouth shut. Tried to pry her mouth open, but didn't wanna hurt her... Finally flipped her belly down and patted on her back hard. She opened her mouth a little and I popped the sweet tart out of her mouth.

Whew...crisis averted...

She started crying when I took the sweet tart away, so I put her up on my shoulder to pat her back, and bonked her head on the arm of the futon.

:dohh:

Double bad mommy moment...

I sat Marnie on the settee for a minute and before I even looked away she slid sideways. There was a glass wedged on the settee near the arm and she banged the side of her face on it. She moaned a lil but didn't cry. She just had a red mark for the day! I've done the not strapping her in the car seat too. The weird thing was she started crying like she knew something wasn't right.

This morning was just ridiculous!

I accidentally put pressure on Lily's BCG lump, which made it bleed. Then when I went to clean it, the water was too hot which made her scream!

Then, later, I bent down to clean up some milk she'd just spit up and tapped her forehead off the arm of the chair.

She's in her pram atm, nursing her wounds, safely away from me! :haha:

aww poor lily lol,

i put maddox on the sofa to take a piccie, bent down to get camera and bang, he was on the floor crying, he was trying to reach the camera too :cry:

i answered the door to Jayden's dad hit Jayden with the door tried to give Jayden to his dad but he had his leg caught in my pocket i didn't notice and was pulling his poor wee foot :(

You know those toys where there are coloured blocks in a frame which you hammer down then turn over and repeat? I was hammering one down (great hobby, relieves stress!) and it wouldn't go down. So I hit it harder, and harder. Lo yelped - her foot was underneath! BAD MUMMY!

This has literally made me cry with laughter! =;=;

:blush::haha:

This morning was just ridiculous!

I accidentally put pressure on Lily's BCG lump, which made it bleed. Then when I went to clean it, the water was too hot which made her scream!

Then, later, I bent down to clean up some milk she'd just spit up and tapped her forehead off the arm of the chair.

She's in her pram atm, nursing her wounds, safely away from me! :haha:

I had a day like that yesterday. I knocked her over in the morning, then bumped her head and best of all, threw her teddy "to" her - well, actually it was "at" her, harder than I thought. her face was a picture.

i wonder if we did a poll of our most common accidents what they would be??

i forgot to tighten the lid on his sippy cup he lifts it up to try to drink and whoosh 3oz of cold water dow his vest

I don't know what happened yesterday - but it was one of those days. I could not do anything right for LO.

He pooped while I was eating brekkie and I left him in his walker while I finished eating. He was whinging a little but I ignored him - I really should have changed him immediately, when I got him out of the walker it had escaped and was down his legs - had to throw away his tracksuit trousers and put him in the bath to clean him.

At lunch time a managed to bang him on the nose with the spoon - I was holding it to his lips and he sneezed, I was not quick enough to move it, he had food everywhere - including up his nose.

Oh, before that we were at gymnastics and I accidentally dropped him in the foam pit because he was wriggling so much due to excitement.

Poor little bubba!

i forgot to tighten the lid on his sippy cup he lifts it up to try to drink and whoosh 3oz of cold water dow his vest

1) Falling off a bed
2) Falling off of a sofa
3) Being scraped by fingernails
4) Having something thrown at them
5) Hitting their head on door, window, table, floor, remote control, the dog..
6) Treading on them/fingers/toes
7) Poo incident - e.g.up back and not knowing
8) Being forgotten about in car
9) Not buckled in to car seat
10) Dropping a phone on their head

And these are only ones I'm familiar with :haha:

1) Falling off a bed
2) Falling off of a sofa

How bad is it that iv done all of these? :blush:

I've got....
1) Falling off a bed

5) Hitting their head on door, window, table, floor, remote control, the dog.. (the dog???)

9) Not buckled in to car seat (does car seat not buckled in count?)

so far...and my LO is only 2.5 months!

1) Falling off a bed
2) Falling off of a sofa

She's never fallen off the bed or sofa but she has fallen on to both...

She has a habit of grabbing my hand and bringing it towards her face too quickly, so she scrapes herself with my fingernails :dohh:

I always buckle her into the seat but forgot to secure the seat with the seatbelt today :blush:

And I've dropped everything from crumbs to her own toys on her head :rofl:

Banging their heads taking them out the car seat must be a common one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"