The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I pinched Elizabeth when I was buckling her into her carseat the other day.

Oh i did that! her poor little leg was bruised! And of course my mom was there and bugged me all day about it :haha:

My mom gave me hell about it when I told her, but then told me that once, she dropped something while driving, and I handed it to her. She said thanks, and then realized that there was no way I should have been able to reach that. She had forgotten to buckle me in. :haha:

Elizabeths' leg bruised a little, and now has a red line on it. :cry:

i had a really bad night with lucas last night and it's bloody taken it's toll!!

i was carrying him around on my hip and the little monkey chucked himself backwards, as usual, except there was a doorframe in the way and he hit his head :cry: he didn't cry, stuck his lip out for a moment then forgot about it lol

then when i was changing him i caught his leg with my nails and scratched him

put him on the sofa for two seconds as i'd left my cuppa in the kitchen and he'd managed to get from propped up to laying on his belly right by the edge

and put him down for a nap, and he was moaning for ages. thought i'd leave him until he properly cried. gave up after a while as he wouldn't settle.... absolute poo explosion. as soon as i'd changed him and popped the dummy in he went right to sleep :dohh:
hopefully he has a good night tonight - or tomorrow will be just as bad!!!!

Oh i did that! her poor little leg was bruised! And of course my mom was there and bugged me all day about it :haha:

My mom gave me hell about it when I told her, but then told me that once, she dropped something while driving, and I handed it to her. She said thanks, and then realized that there was no way I should have been able to reach that. She had forgotten to buckle me in. :haha:

:rofl: at your moms story! My mom always reminds me that things happen, im still alive and not broken so it must have not been that bad haha.

Elizabeth will be ok hun :hugs:

I did that once and left a mark on her poor little tummy. I thought she was just crying because she didn't want to go in the carseat. Oops.

Banging their heads taking them out the car seat must be a common one xx

I'm usually so paranoid about this one that I have banged my own head many times instead because I'm only paying attention to her.

:rofl: at your moms story! My mom always reminds me that things happen, im still alive and not broken so it must have not been that bad haha.

Elizabeth will be ok hun :hugs:

Yeah I know. Like you said, I'm not broken (too badly :haha:) so she'll survive too.

I did that once and left a mark on her poor little tummy. I thought she was just crying because she didn't want to go in the carseat. Oops.

See that's what happened to me too! My LO screams every time we put her in the carseat. So when she started screaming I didn't think anything of it. Until I saw the tears streaming down her face. Screaming, normal. Tears, not normal. OOPS!! :dohh:

Banging their heads taking them out the car seat must be a common one xx

I'm usually so paranoid about this one that I have banged my own head many times instead because I'm only paying attention to her.

Same! And we have a small two door car, so I hit my head, or lynch myself on the seat belt, ALL the time.

Was playing with LO this morning, nibbling her fingers, she was giggling so much, then I dont know why but I nibbled a bit too hard, she just looked at me in shock, then burst into tears! I quickly carried on with our game and she started laughing again, but I felt awful how could I bite my own baby!!!

Hi

I thought I'd start a thread (where I may be alone :blush:) but I thought it may help if I could confess my bad mother moments in a guilt free and non-judgemental thread i.e. for fun! Bad Mother moments like catching their head on a door frame as you walk through it (sure I read that somewhere on here), finding them playing with scissors (like a friend of mine did), giving double the dose of Ibuprofen by accident (another friend).

Wanna join me? Confess your sins Bad Mothers!

Here is my bad mother confession from Sunday. You may have seen my thread about a poo stain in the carpet. Wanna know how that happened? Well our two were having some nappy off time. I was putting some clothes away and DH was wandering about. Charlotte had crawled off into our bedroom where she normally looks at herself in the full length mirrors.

Anyway, a minute or two (literally no fibs!) later we found her. She was up to her elbows in it and not only that it was squished between the fingers of both hands and smeared all across her face.

My confession is that my daughter ate her own poo! :blush::rofl:

My brother did this when he was about 12 months old, and my mother had only turned her back to get the baby wipes and he was shoving it in his god...needless to say he got an appropriate nickname for that one ;)

I've just managed to smack my LO round the head with my iPhone!!!!

She was lying on my knee whilst I was on here and it just slipped out if my hand straight onto her head!!! She was asleep let out a scream n the. Went back to sleep again

I feel So bad!!

Brayden is teething, back teeth first :dohh:
It's awful, have nothing to give him right now other than Tylenol. He was screaming nonstop for the past week and a half.
Today I had to just put him in his bed and I got in my bed , put a pillow over my head and cried with him. Took about 10 minutes to calm myself enough to go pick him up again. :wacko:

Today D was really unsettled... I finally got him to sleep in his cot for a nap and went to hoover downstairs... when I finished he was screaming his eyes out :( I don't know how long he had been screaming for but he had puked and there were proper tears in his eyes :( :( I had to cuddle him for 10 mins before he calmed down! Naughty mummy!

Brayden is teething, back teeth first :dohh:
It's awful, have nothing to give him right now other than Tylenol. He was screaming nonstop for the past week and a half.
Today I had to just put him in his bed and I got in my bed , put a pillow over my head and cried with him. Took about 10 minutes to calm myself enough to go pick him up again. :wacko:

Oh i have done this! My LO had a proper breakdown last night hyper ventilating the whole works. Finally she calmed down after i set her down and turned on the baby channel network and i walked into the kitchen sat on the floor and cried. She was teething for i would say 2 months got her bottom teeth then, teethed for what felt like ages (not to scare you at all it was only her night time sleep that was disturbed for a long time, not the screaming non stop) then 4 teeth in 5 days and at least another 2 coming thru! Poor thing and i thought some nights she was fibbing.... :blush: oops. ANYWAYS! lol sorry for blabbling, my point is most moms i have known have done this. I figure i would rather LO cry for a couple mins so i can collect my self and deal with her level headed. :hugs:

My baby girl tryed to feed me a piece of celery, once her finger got close enough to my mouth, she stuck the finger in, not the celery. I bit it just enough for her to look at me with the saddest eyes like "mom...I can't believe you just did that!"
Im sorry but that just made me have tears streaming down my face imagining it :rofl:, had to reread it and then laugh again.

Sometimes when i change LO's nappy he brings his legs up to his chest just as im trying to stick the sticky tabs on his nappy & end up scratching his right leg with my engagement ring....i feel so bad cuz he has 3 little red scratches on his leg :(4other than that ive been pretty careful....sometimes when im burping him he swings his head around like a noddy dog lol he nearly looses his head

I still co-sleep (that's not my confession, I'm proud of that one :haha:) except I now have to by another bed rail for the end of my bed (I'll have a proper queen sized crib! :rofl:)

Livi woke up yesterday morning and for some reason I didn't feel her move (She was being ninja, I swear) When I woke up she wasn't in my bed, so I figured my grandpop came over and took her out of bed (he does this sometimes to let me have a lie in) so I went to go back to sleep when I heard my mom say to my brother, "Is Ally up?" and he said "No, but Olivia is. She just crawled into my room!"
:shock: MY BABY DID WHAT?!

The little turkey can now do that backwards slide off my bed. Lovely. :dohh:

I've given in and give Brayden a binky to sleep with. Not that there's anything wrong with binkys I just promised myself I wouldn't give him one. :nope:

Ok so my lo was crying his eyes out and my oh came to take him off me to see if he could soothe him. He was eating a strawberry corneto and to free both his hands he put the whole thing in his mouth. Unfortunately just as he bent down to pick him up he choked on the cone and coughed hurling the pointy ended cone straight for lo who managed to catch it in his mouth. (my lo is 3 weeks old) it was so funny oh and I had tears in our eyes and I actually pee'd myself a little bit. That will teach me for not doing pelvic floor exercises ha :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->