The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I still co-sleep (that's not my confession, I'm proud of that one :haha:) except I now have to by another bed rail for the end of my bed (I'll have a proper queen sized crib! :rofl:)

Livi woke up yesterday morning and for some reason I didn't feel her move (She was being ninja, I swear) When I woke up she wasn't in my bed, so I figured my grandpop came over and took her out of bed (he does this sometimes to let me have a lie in) so I went to go back to sleep when I heard my mom say to my brother, "Is Ally up?" and he said "No, but Olivia is. She just crawled into my room!"
:shock: MY BABY DID WHAT?!

The little turkey can now do that backwards slide off my bed. Lovely. :dohh:

:lol: cute!

Ok so my lo was crying his eyes out and my oh came to take him off me to see if he could soothe him. He was eating a strawberry corneto and to free both his hands he put the whole thing in his mouth. Unfortunately just as he bent down to pick him up he choked on the cone and coughed hurling the pointy ended cone straight for lo who managed to catch it in his mouth. (my lo is 3 weeks old) it was so funny oh and I had tears in our eyes and I actually pee'd myself a little bit. That will teach me for not doing pelvic floor exercises ha :) xx

Oh that made me chuckle :haha:
:rofl:

Ok so my lo was crying his eyes out and my oh came to take him off me to see if he could soothe him. He was eating a strawberry corneto and to free both his hands he put the whole thing in his mouth. Unfortunately just as he bent down to pick him up he choked on the cone and coughed hurling the pointy ended cone straight for lo who managed to catch it in his mouth. (my lo is 3 weeks old) it was so funny oh and I had tears in our eyes and I actually pee'd myself a little bit. That will teach me for not doing pelvic floor exercises ha :) xx

Oh that made me chuckle :haha:
:rofl:

:haha:

Now that Ryan is getting bigger and stronger I fear I may be frequenting this thread all too often :cry:
So far I've had him fall out of his door bouncer, dropped my phone on his head and I nearly dislocated his shoulders on saturday :cry: He was sat on my knee facing me, I was holding onto his hands and he leaned right back so his head was hanging down by my shins. He loves sitting like this but on saturday he decided to fling his legs forward and over the top and he did a somersault while I still had hold of his arms. He didn't drop onto the floor but I screamed and he cried really hard for about 5 mins :cry: He was absolutely fine but I went all sweaty and shaky and felt sick :nope:

We were lying in bed and I pulled the duvet not realising that the tv remote was there and it clonked her on the head. She cried for a second but was ok after that.

I feel like I'm always scratching her with my ring or nails and things like that! She's so young but big and heavy and floppy so it's hard to move her around!

I have a tummy tub and let her go by mistake and she went under the water and choked. She was furious with me she went bright red and actually stood up on her legs and tried to escape (only a month old!)

this morning i had finished feeding Ben in bed and stood up, instantly catching his head on the door handle, as my hubby had left the bedroom door open. i felt so bad!

Was supporting LO while she sat up playing with her toys on the play mat and the phone rang, so i picked up the phone with one hand holding LO with my other hand still. I took my eye of her for 1 second and she fell to the side that i wasnt holding and it was in slow motion but i still didnt manage to catch her. Luckily she just laid there and stared at me as if to say... 'do you mind...':dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

i was in bed having a lay in with my LO, and my elder son was downstairs with his daddy, his daddy was playing cello practising for his concert on monday, theres a child minder next door, and ben could hear her calling him, ben went out to see what was going on and Oliver had managed to get his hands on the weed killer and slug pellets, emptied an entire packet of sponges across the garden, he'd gotten under the sink where the flippin chemicals were!! thank god Our neighbour saw him and ben got to him on time, i was MORTIFIED when ben came up and told me that Oliver had come so close to spraying himself in the face with it.... so a very sleep deprived me went out and bought some child locks and fitted them strait away..... I'm so ashamed it got to that point :( Never ever again!

I haven't done anything TOO bad so far (though at just over 2 weeks old, there's still time).

I think the worst thing I've done was at silly o'clock in the morning when lo had been crying and kicking up a fuss for 3 hours straight and I'd only had 2 hours sleep. It got to the point where I'd settled him down for the umpteenth time and he started grizzling again, I just sat up and yelled "what!!!". OH briskly vacated the room with Louis to let me sleep. :blush:

My OH has however bounced Louis' head off the floor, twice and (again in the middle of the night) seemed like he was going to throw him because lo had the hiccups and couldn't be settled.

I'm going to hell. Time for a few confessions.

Macy hasn't been dressed yet this morning simply because I'm tired and can't be bothered.

She sometimes sleeps in white+blue sleepsuits that came from my nephew because I've been too tight to buy her more as I figure nobody sees them. Well the other morning she was practising her crawling and got fully up onto her hands and knees for the first time so I snapped a pic. I went to show it to people and then made excuses about losing the photo when I realised she was wearing blue!!

She is currently wandering about in her walker in my kitchen in bare feet with just a vest on and eating a nice sugary rusk.

I also bounced her down my flat stairs in her pram the other day then realised she wasn't strapped in when she almost flew out of the pram. Oops.

Also finding myself bumping her head on the car roof every time I try to fit her into her car seat - damn 3 door car.

I left her with my sister the other day as I had to get a haircut and I sneaked away 15mins early as she was tired and close to meltdown and couldn't get her to nap. Haha, luckily she was okay for my sister.

Macy can barely sit unaided for a minute or two so I've been practicing with her, sitting next to her and encouraging her but seems that no matter how quick I am she still manages to flop over and bump herself at least once a day - no wonder the poor child doesn't want to sit!

xx

My LO was laying on the couch taking a nap in a onesie, and I have the AC going. So I covered her with the blanket I made her cuz she was starting to feel cold. I put the blanket UNDER her arms. I came back to this:

https://i54.tinypic.com/34gm4x3.jpg

I pulled it down and asked why she did that. She just grinned.

I'm going to hell. Time for a few confessions.

Macy hasn't been dressed yet this morning simply because I'm tired and can't be bothered.

She sometimes sleeps in white+blue sleepsuits that came from my nephew because I've been too tight to buy her more as I figure nobody sees them. Well the other morning she was practising her crawling and got fully up onto her hands and knees for the first time so I snapped a pic. I went to show it to people and then made excuses about losing the photo when I realised she was wearing blue!!

She is currently wandering about in her walker in my kitchen in bare feet with just a vest on and eating a nice sugary rusk.

I also bounced her down my flat stairs in her pram the other day then realised she wasn't strapped in when she almost flew out of the pram. Oops.

Also finding myself bumping her head on the car roof every time I try to fit her into her car seat - damn 3 door car.

I left her with my sister the other day as I had to get a haircut and I sneaked away 15mins early as she was tired and close to meltdown and couldn't get her to nap. Haha, luckily she was okay for my sister.

Macy can barely sit unaided for a minute or two so I've been practicing with her, sitting next to her and encouraging her but seems that no matter how quick I am she still manages to flop over and bump herself at least once a day - no wonder the poor child doesn't want to sit!

xx

So you won't feel so bad about some of these. I never get Clara dressed until after her first nap, which sometimes she doesn't wake from until noon or so. Also, a lot of her sleepers, onesies (vests) and sleepers came from my best friend's son. I regularly am asked how old my son is. :blush: I doesn't help that her stroller and moby wrap are blue, but that's because blue is my favourite colour.

Not the worst I have done, but this morning we got ready in a different order. Had breakfast, had a shower, played a bit, had a cuppa, then realised I hadn't changed lo's nappy. Poor thing! It had been on for 14 hours :(. Thankfully no nappy rash!

Then while I was making lunch she had a poo. I forgot, put her in her highchair and made her eat lunch with a full nappy. :dohh: . She didn't seem to mind though!

Needless to say, I have changed it a LOT this afternoon!

we went swimming the other day and not really my fault:shrug: but the wave machine came on ( which i may add is frigging dangerous!!):dohh: we were pushed all the way from one end to the other:cry: maddie in her baby ring she kept going under:cry: i ended up on a ladies lap at the shallow end:cry::haha: she was fine though :thumbup: but when we got changed i noticed a big mark on her head:cry: must of banged it some how or scratched it:dohh: x

The OH and i were cooking tea whilst LO was laying on his back on the rug kicking about & waving his hands around happily...just as we were putting food on the plates there was a sudden noise when we hear a very loud fart sound followed by the sound of LO filing his nappy lol we then totally forgot about it as we ate are tea and cuddnt understand why LO was crying so much....half way threw the dinner OH suddenly remembers and changes him..LO promptly stopped crying lol baby brain has both of us!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->