The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

We went to Mcdonalds today, LO had a fruitbag, oh and a chicken nugget.
Bad mummy!

I left Ella in her basinette to go grab wipes which I had left in other room & when I got back she was choking on her spitup!

I feel like such an awful mother!

can I join in? I dropped my sandal on my LO's head today :( she was on the floor in the changing room and it dropped out of the locker - I knocked it away from her and it only glanced her head, she had a cry but I don't think she really noticed (no mark or anything), but I feel so shit :(

I let chloe have a full mini size cornetto icecream today

The bruise is in the bottom right hand corner by her ear. The camera didn't really pick it up very well, it's not that dark.

https://i52.tinypic.com/j0csww.jpg

She was laying on my parents couch while I folded my laundry. My sister wanted company and offered to help me fold my laundry if I brought it. Hell ya!

I KNEW she could push herself off the couch. That's why I kept pulling her back. I didn't want her head to the back of the couch, didn't trust her to be okay like that cuz it's an old couch. She kept inching towards the edge of the couch, I kept pulling her back. Suddenly she launched herself off the back of the couch and shot off the couch. She landed head first on my parents HARDWOOD floor.

At first I was confused, til she went 'wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh' and I grabbed her up. Then she just laid in my arms going 'wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh.' I've never heard her cry like that!

I have to admit I was laughing cuz her cry sounded funny, but she scared me! Thankfully she seems to be none the worse for the wear.

I'm a muppet - put Lily upstairs for a nap this afternoon, brought the baby monitor downstairs with me, but forgot to turn on the unit beside the cot! Didn't realise until I heard her crying later, and when I got up there, her eyes were red - she must have been crying for a while :dohh:

I also sang a very untuneful rendition of Over the Rainbow to her later, which probably borders on cruelty... :haha:

This isnt really a confession but when i'm breast feeding during the night i play chicktionary on my OH's ipod (its a word game) its gr8 cuz it keeps me awake :)
altho sometimes when LO falls asleep after 10 mins of feeding (normally has 20 mins) it is very tempting to put him down to sleep and not changing him to wake him up for his next 10 mins...only done it once and he woke up an hour later hungry again so it totally wasnt worth it in the end lol !!

ok ive got another one...sometime between 6pm & 9 pm LO starts crying for no reason & screams & screams for hours till bed. i had no idea what to do with him being a first time mum & him being only 5 weeks old...he loves nappy off time so i thought i would leave him to cool off on his waterproof changing mat with no clothes on cuz it was hot. just then OH came home & got in the bath so i sat on the loo chatting to him for a while as LO was quiet....after 5-10 mins i thought i would go and check on him and found he was swimming in his own wee..all in his hair and everything.. woops...straight into the bath with daddy lol :) xx

LO gave me two scares today and made me feel like a very bad mummy; first my eldest got him out of his carrycot (which he still fits into just, as its 15cm longer than a moses basket) and brought him into the lounge without telling me while I was on the computer and then put him on the sofa; I turn round as I heard them coming into the room to see LO land at the foot of the sofa. THankfully our sofa is very low and our carpet is quite springy with a thick underlay so he was more shocked than anything. Then later on I was giving LO a quick wash in the bathroom sink and he tried to grab the toothbrushes; I moved those out of the way then as I was bending down to do so, LO put his ankle on the hot tap (he likes to kick everything); of which the metal was still quite hot; thankfully he didn't actually get burnt, just a slight pinkish mark which has already nearly gone but it could have been so much worse :(

ETA: thankfully his little leg is completely back to normal now, whew!

One from our holiday, I put Molly on the floor in our room after her morning nap and she took her muzzie with her. She then put it over her head sitting up which was funny enough but then decided to crawl with it still on her head (over her eyes), straight in to the oak bed frame. Hubby and I both burst in to laughter, Molly didn't see the funny side and cried.. BAD mummy and daddy, haha.

I didn't think I'd be back so soon.

I decided to have a bath while Ella slept in her bouncy chair, I moved the chair into the bathroom with me. Usually this time of day she sleeps for 2 hours & she'd only been asleep 1/2 hr so I thought I was safe.
Midway through my bath she woke up screaming and wouldn't stop even when I tried bouncing her chair. So I decided what the hell, she needs a bath today anyway & figured she's big enough to bath with me & the water had cooled enough.

She absolutely loved floating in the bath! Smiling & giggling the whole time & then I wrapped her in a receiving blanket & towel & put her in her bouncy chair so I could wash my hair.

That was the mistake, I didn't diaper her before putting her in her chair so while I washed my hair, she pooped all in her recieving blanket .... DOH!

At least she loved the bath

My LO's been bathing/taking showers with me since she was born. She loves it too.

My baby doesn't giggle yet tho :(

I didn't think I'd be back so soon.

I decided to have a bath while Ella slept in her bouncy chair, I moved the chair into the bathroom with me. Usually this time of day she sleeps for 2 hours & she'd only been asleep 1/2 hr so I thought I was safe.
Midway through my bath she woke up screaming and wouldn't stop even when I tried bouncing her chair. So I decided what the hell, she needs a bath today anyway & figured she's big enough to bath with me & the water had cooled enough.

She absolutely loved floating in the bath! Smiling & giggling the whole time & then I wrapped her in a receiving blanket & towel & put her in her bouncy chair so I could wash my hair.

That was the mistake, I didn't diaper her before putting her in her chair so while I washed my hair, she pooped all in her recieving blanket .... DOH!

At least she loved the bath

Hehe this happened to my OH except he was cuddling LO on our bed in a towel after a bath & he wee'd lol xx

LO was playing a got a stray string from the blanket wrapped under his armpit, I tried to get it off but I made it worse.. just a little bit ago I saw it and my heart dropped to my stomach, I thought it was just like a crease or something! :cry::nope:
002.jpg

003.jpg

I'm back again.. Lo was asleep so I thought it was a good idea to cut his nails , got round to the last thumb and caught the skin underneath never done it before ... :( lo woke up and cryed for 5 mins :( I cryed a bit too was so sad. It only bled a tiny little bit but still must have hurt :( then oh lo and I all got in the bath..and disaster strike again .. Oh had put way too many bubbles in, I didn't realise I had bubbles on my chest, picked lo up and smothered his face in bubbles against my chest . The worst thing was I didn't realise till oh was like ahhhh he can't breath ur smothering him with bubbles -s!&@- when I brought him away from my chest he looked like Santa Claus it was scarey :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->