The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

So, thought i'd join u ladies!

I had Lilly's baby monitor on the other night downstairs and as i got ready to go to bed i switched it off, (as i always do otherwise it interferes with the other bit in her bedroom as i walk past it!) took it upstairs, plugged it in and thought "i'll just check on her then switch that back on." Got back in my room...straight to sleep!! ARRRGGGHH!!

So then at 5am when i heard her crying i felt soooooooo guilty...how long had she been crying for????? I s'pose they didnt have monitors in the old days and some people just dont use them anyway, but awwwwwww! I rushed in and i'm sayiing "i'm sorry lilly.."-she just gawped at me as though to say "mum, it's night-time, why u talking?!!" lol

I felt AWFUL for days!!

Oh hun, we've never had one, don't worry she won't even know what all the fuss was about hehe. Big hugs.

We don't use one! Of course LO sleeps in our room, even in our bed often times, so we don't need one, but even when she's in the girl's room with my SD, we still won't use one.

My daughter was doing her cluster feeding stint again this morning, and I had just fed her for the 4th time in 3hours... So I passed to husband to change her, while I "popped" into the shower, knowing she'd want fed again soon... But I really took my time in the shower... :blush: leaving DH to distract as much as her could... Xx

My daughter was doing her cluster feeding stint again this morning, and I had just fed her for the 4th time in 3hours... So I passed to husband to change her, while I "popped" into the shower, knowing she'd want fed again soon... But I really took my time in the shower... :blush: leaving DH to distract as much as her could... Xx

Lol I do this if I take the rubbish out to the bin I walk slower whilst lo is crying in oh's arms. The sound of crying is so much better to tolerate when your outside with the door closed lol xx

This is my first post in here, not because I don't have things to confess but this is the first one I really have to get out. It's actually toddler related but due to having to get the crying baby in the car I put my toddler in his seat then went to sort the baby and forgot to strap my toddler in! I realised when I got home and then spent the next 2 hours imagining all the accidents I could have had driving back...

My mom told me that once, she dropped something while driving, and I handed it back to her. I was little. She said thanks, and then 5 minutes later realized I should not have been able to reach to hand it to her. She hadn't buckled me in.

i'm currently letting my baby watch eastenders :blush:, just need a break and he's loving it! (can I just add we don't make it a habit :haha:)

My baby sat and watch Fantasia this morning. She talked and scream and squealed and cooed and had a right good time.

:) little more age appropriate though! hehe, at least he's too young to know what he's watching! x

:) little more age appropriate though! hehe, at least he's too young to know what he's watching! x

I dunno there's a scene near the end of Fantasia that I glanced up and saw and was kinda unsure if I should let her keep watching it...It was when the sorcerer came back I think?

lol, ah well, on the plus side they won't remember any of them! i've subscribed to the baby channels now, figured if i'm gonna let him watch tv at least it should be a bit more appropriate! xx

Yesterday, when Oliver was on his changing table, I leaned under the table for literally half a second to grab his wipes and when I stood up, he was trying to climb off his table. As in, the changing table has two open levels of shelves underneath, and he was holding onto the side of the table and had his feet on the second tier shelves under the table in the way you'd climb down from a bunk bed using a ladder. I nearly had a heart attack. That's what I get for forgetting to get the wipes out from under the table before I started changing him!

My baby turned 17 weeks on sunday. I have been advised not to give her any food until she was 17weeks, i dont want to wean her till 6 months old but i am starting to puree food for her now as HV said she will be an early weaner (lol) Anyway i gave her a tiny bit of sweet potato. she loved it but i still feel guilty for giving it her too soon.

i'm currently letting my baby watch eastenders :blush:, just need a break and he's loving it! (can I just add we don't make it a habit :haha:)

Abby was a big 'stenders fan. She would say "dooooooot" whenever Dot Cotton came on the screen. I tended to catch up on it during feeds and stuff.

I dropped my cell phone on Elizabeth's head as I was texting while giving her a bottle...whoopsy. I guess I shouldn't multitask.

while I was doing my homework and my DH was watching TV my son fell off the bed... DH thought I was watching him and I thought the same... I got a two-for we are both bad parents

Bad daddy moment for my DH. he was sat on our bed playign with chloe why i gott a shower and then got dressed, well i was back in the room getting dressed and he put pillows round the bed to try and stop chloe crawlign off, he knows she can crawl over the bar of her open stair gate so what made him think pillows would stop her i dont knwo. and all of a sudden she fell off the bed, she cried staright away and he picked her up and within 30seconds she was laughing so we arent too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->