The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I sometimes leave my baby In the same clothes, day and night for a couple of days. She's wearing her vest and trousers from today in her cot as she fell asleep on me early and I wanted her to stay asleep!

Me too. I don't see it as a bad thing. She doesn't get dirty except if she spits up or drools but thats why she wears a bib a lot

Yup if she poops/pees/pukes on what she's wearing, I change her. If she gets too hot/too cold, I change her. Other than that? No big deal

Last night we were out to dinner with my husbands extended family. It was the last night of the week long famil reunion in which I has just met all of his aunts uncles and cousins for the first time (they all live far away). Half way through the meal I asked for a water and when I got it I went to squeeze the lemon into the water not even thinking it would be a problem but my 2
Month old was sitting on my lap facing outward. Instantly I knew I had squirt lemon juice in her eye. Her whole body tightened up and she stopped breathing like holding her breath before a really big cry. Her little eye was all red.I felt so bad i jumped up and ran her to the bathroom to rinse it out with water. I think I cried more than she did. I felt so horrible And on top of that I felt like an idiot and a bad mom in front of my husbands family!

Aww Hun, these things happen! This reminds me of the time I was slurping a chilli noodle dish and splashed some, without realizing on LO's dummy which was on the table text to my food and then gave LO the dummy. She didnt appreciate chilli mouth!

I spilt diluting juice on lo head/face yesterday as I took a drink while bf her... :blush:

i used to eat over lo while breastfeeding in the early days when they are permanently attached and often dropped food on him...oops!

After a stressful couple of hours with an overtired daughter, I yelled at her... she laughed at me.

And another one I just remembered. LO pulls herself into a sitting position when I hold her hands, I did it this morning when she woke up in her cot and she went too far forward and hit her head on the side of the cot! She just made a single yell/cry as if to say "OW!"

After a stressful couple of hours with an overtired daughter, I yelled at her... she laughed at me.

Aw, bless. Lily has really started to react to tone of voice lately so if I get exasperated or annoyed with her and say anything along the lines of 'Oh, for god's sake!' she'll start to cry. I tried to get around it by letting out a mock growl the other day but that made her cry too. :dohh:

I'm such a bad mum sometimes. :cry:

hi all, I am very new to this forum. I am a father of 2.

tot of share a bit on this thread.

There was once when I am trimming nails for my boy when he is a few months old, I accidentally cut his little thumb n he cried very loudly. It really breaks my heart. it is a small cut but it really makes me remember for life.

~ The Bad Father (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread...

I let Miles sleep on his tummy... :blush:

I know it's supposed to be bad, and "increases the risk of SIDS" but it's the only way he'll stay asleep longer than twenty minutes. Also, he can lift his head already, and I know he doesn't have issues rousing himself when he sleeps like that. And no one in my family, or OH's family has lost an LO to SIDS.

My son was the same way. He wouldn't sleep for long on his back and we started putting him on his tummy when he could lift his head up. He still sleeps on his stomach.

:cry: I pinched my daughters neck with the poppers on the back of her dress... She screamed and I cried for 10mins- long after she had stopped! :( x

LO has been constantly farting for the past 3 days (the sort of fart that smells like scrambled egg and lingers for ages) and hadnt poo'd in a while...he was sat in his baby bouncer and the fart lingered and lingered and lingered....after a 100 times of checking if he had poo'd i had given up but the fart was still lingering so i checked and he was practically up to his arm pits in poo...he was just sat there sucking his wrist lol really quietly watching the jeremy kyle show lol poor babe...took the nappy off and went threw half a packet of wipes ...ooops x

LO has been constantly farting for the past 3 days (the sort of fart that smells like scrambled egg and lingers for ages) and hadnt poo'd in a while...he was sat in his baby bouncer and the fart lingered and lingered and lingered....after a 100 times of checking if he had poo'd i had given up but the fart was still lingering so i checked and he was practically up to his arm pits in poo...he was just sat there sucking his wrist lol really quietly watching the jeremy kyle show lol poor babe...took the nappy off and went threw half a packet of wipes ...ooops x

:rofl: ah well, least he didn't seem too bothered... :haha: x

I was putting my Babba in his carseat this morning and was in a rush to get to work on time, I pinched his belly with the seatbelt clips. =( poor baby. He cried so loud. I had to cuddle him for an extra 10 mins. I smeared my makeup from crying with him. Being late to work was totally worth it. I still feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->