The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I didn't know Brayden could pull himself up to standing until I looked over and he was halfway up. Thought he had just learned but he's pro already. Boo :(

LO was crying today even though I did everything to help (fed, diaper change, bath, bouncy chair, walking, etc) and I have not had more than an hour of sleep in a row for the last 2 days and she finally seemed to fall asleep so I laid down. Just as I had taken my glasses off and was falling asleep myself she started wailing again. I was so tired and frustrated I went into the living room and screamed as loud as I could out of frustration. When I went back to her bed she was not crying anymore and very wide-eyed and scared looking. she had heard me screaming and it had scared her! I feel so bad that now that she will be scared of me! :(

Aw, bless! I've had to do that a few times and I dread to think what my neighbours must think... :haha:

I'm sure she's forgotten about it already.

When Leon was 2 weeks old he rolled off the sofa while I was making him a bottle, I didnt realise babies that young could roll over! luckily I had chucked the cushions off the chair to make room for him so he landed on them. bless him didnt even cry.

I'm such a bad mom...We have been to the beach/pool several times this summer and I never knew until TODAY that you are not supposed to put sunscreen on a baby under 6 months old...I feel so terrible...Is my baby going to be ok??? :cry:

I'm such a bad mom...We have been to the beach/pool several times this summer and I never knew until TODAY that you are not supposed to put sunscreen on a baby under 6 months old...I feel so terrible...Is my baby going to be ok??? :cry:

Surely burning their delicate skin is soooo much worse! I don't see why you shouldn't put sun cream on them. You were being a responsible mum. I put baby sun block on my LO if they are going to be out in the sun!

We were so nackard the other night we went to bed and forgot to put the monitor through to our room when we went to bed so of course it took us a while to hear Z when he woke up :cry::cry::cry: I dont know how long he had been crying for but we NEVER use CIO - always run in the split second he cries so he was pretty upset and refused to go back in his crib for the rest of the night

well, 2 months ago i cut LOs finger when trying to cut his nails!:cry: he bled but didnt cr:cry:y

a month ago i banged his head on the car seat handle!, he cried for 5mins i was upset for days:dohh:

2 nights ago dh was pulling LO up with his arms and lowering him down again, somehow LO slipped and droppd to the floor and cried for 10mins,i could have cried for 10 hrs! and googled baby head injuries.

honestly:shrug:how much more can i take, hes only 14 weeks as well!:shrug::cry::dohh:

My baby hit her head TWICE yesterday. Once my father bumped her head against the wall when positioning her in his arms. she cried for a minute but I wasnt too concerned b/c she wasnt hit that hard. But the second time. My mother put her sitting up in the corner of the crib. We figured if she fell she would just plop forward. But of course, somehow she flung herself all the way across to the otherside of the crib and smacked her head and cried for a minute. I felt so bad I gave her some sweet cherries to eat! ach...already comforting her with food. bad mommy!

Gave my lo his weetabix before bed last night with gone off milk didn't realise until oh had some with his cereal later when lo was in bed lol.

Sometimes I worry when LO won't stop fussing that maybe I'm shushing her too loudly or burping her too roughly. I confessed to my DH and he said he sometimes feels the same. It makes me want to cry as she's my world and I love her so much. :(

Surely burning their delicate skin is soooo much worse! I don't see why you shouldn't put sun cream on them. You were being a responsible mum. I put baby sun block on my LO if they are going to be out in the sun!

taken from BabyCenter.com:
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says the best way to protect a baby this age from the sun is to keep him in the shade of a tree, umbrella, or stroller and dress him in long sleeves and a hat. But if that's not possible, it's fine to use a small amount of sunscreen on his face and hands.

I recommend choosing a "physical" sunscreen – one made with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Unlike the stuff in chemical sunscreens that the skin absorbs, which may cause irritation or allergic reactions, these ingredients merely sit on top of the skin, forming a barrier against the sun's rays. There's no evidence chemical sunscreens are dangerous or toxic, but we just don't know enough yet about how their ingredients affect babies.

Also https://www.fisher-price.com/us/prepare/qanda.asp?c=bg_safe&qandaid=52588

Sometimes I worry when LO won't stop fussing that maybe I'm shushing her too loudly or burping her too roughly. I confessed to my DH and he said he sometimes feels the same. It makes me want to cry as she's my world and I love her so much. :(

I think we have all have those feelings of guilt at one time or another. But that's just human - we're imperfect. It's one thing to actually hurt or frighten a child, and it's another to be annoyed and perhaps raise your voice slightly. Little ones are pretty resilient, and quickly forget the tiny infractions!

Lucas has been a bit of a pain around sleep times, so i end up letting him fuss it out... but yesterday he was doing it for aagggesss!! not crying just moaning and tossing and turning... it wsa about 45 minutes before i realised i'd forgotten to feed him :dohh: i felt awful, he gulped his bottle down in about 30 seconds and dropped straight off to sleep...

:thumbup: I can't thank you enough for posting that made me feel so much better :)

glad to help, :thumbup:

My LO's pedi said as long as it was made with zinc and said 'tear free,' it was okay to use. She actually recommended covering her face and spraying on sun screen so it goes on evenly and she doesn't have more sun screen or less in different places.

cerrie311, I've been putting baby block on Molly since she was 3 days old. She was born in 28degrees heat and I wasn't prepared to sit in all day until Winter. I thought it was worse for her to burn so I put the stuff on when we were going out for a while outside whilst using my UV cover, LO will be absolutely fine and personally I think you're being responsible :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->