The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Me again.... I was eating some chocolate while holding Flynn, he was fascinated and everytime I picked it up he was opening his mouth to take it, he looked like a baby bird lol, he's only six weeks but I let him have a taste, he literally just touched it with his tounge a couple of times, seemed to like it and had a big grin, he didn't actually eat any just tasted it but I feel doubly bad, he shouldn't be having anything but milk for months yet and I didn't want him to be eating chocolate and sweets etc for as long as possible, his first taste of food was chocolate!

haha we did this :D
we put a chocolate fudge in LO's hand lol

Bad Grandma....lmao

My mom kept the baby while we were on our honeymoon and gave her some Popsicle....lol

It's a good thing I don't mind lol

When LO was a mere 2 weeks old I was getting his bath ready, i put him on my bed and literally just turned to dip my hand in the water to test the temp and thud LO was on the floor, luckily it wasnt a high bed, I have no idea how he fell off considering he still cant roll to this day. I felt AWFUL, I still feel bad today! no damage done, but i cried all evening about it, horemones and sleep deprivation didnt help, and the fact that MIL was staying with us at the time, I expected to get a right bollocking! he was fine after a cuddle, I learnt the hard way!! :(

My LO is just over two weeks old, and yesterday was my first bad mommy experience. I forgot that I hadn't buckled her into her carrier and her dad put her in the car. We drove for 20 minutes before dh looked back there and said Oh my god she's leaning all the way forward. I was in that backseat so fast. I don't know how since I'm still recovering from the c-section but I did it and made it a double whammy by holding her for the next five minutes til we arrived at our destination even though I should have buckled her in. I just held her and cried. She didn't even realize what happened but all I could think about was it would have only taken one good push on the breaks to catapult her into the seat. :(

My mom did that to me once. I would have been older cuz she said she realized I wasn't buckled when I handed her something she dropped, but I still would have been maybe 2, lol.

My mom did that to me once. I would have been older cuz she said she realized I wasn't buckled when I handed her something she dropped, but I still would have been maybe 2, lol.

:haha: my mum didnt buckle my sis in, she must have been about 5yrs, and the door wasnt shut properly and she fell out when we went round the corner! I think it is karma since she was caught washing my hair with the toilet brush and toilet water when i was about 3yrs old!!

:haha: my mum didnt buckle my sis in, she must have been about 5yrs, and the door wasnt shut properly and she fell out when we went round the corner! I think it is karma since she was caught washing my hair with the toilet brush and toilet water when i was about 3yrs old!!

:rofl:

Me again.... I was eating some chocolate while holding Flynn, he was fascinated and everytime I picked it up he was opening his mouth to take it, he looked like a baby bird lol, he's only six weeks but I let him have a taste, he literally just touched it with his tounge a couple of times, seemed to like it and had a big grin, he didn't actually eat any just tasted it but I feel doubly bad, he shouldn't be having anything but milk for months yet and I didn't want him to be eating chocolate and sweets etc for as long as possible, his first taste of food was chocolate!

haha we did this :D
we put a chocolate fudge in LO's hand lol

we give the baby tastes of stuff all the time....At first I felt guilt about it but she seems Just fine....and she likes it! haha

I was just thinking back to the newborn days and I remembered this so my first confessional!

When Tori was a few weeks old I was so tired and she was fussy. DH was passed out so I put her on my chest and patted her back. I honestly don't remember falling asleep but I remember abruptly waking up and being totally confused! Then I realized LO wasn't on my chest anymore and freaked out! Thankfully and luckily she had rolled onto her back in the crook of my arm! It was so lucky and I still feel guilty for it! :(

I was just thinking back to the newborn days and I remembered this so my first confessional!

When Tori was a few weeks old I was so tired and she was fussy. DH was passed out so I put her on my chest and patted her back. I honestly don't remember falling asleep but I remember abruptly waking up and being totally confused! Then I realized LO wasn't on my chest anymore and freaked out! Thankfully and luckily she had rolled onto her back in the crook of my arm! It was so lucky and I still feel guilty for it! :(

I did that the other night, burping Flynn he fell asleep on my chest and I soon followed, when I woke up he was gone and he wasn't anywhere in our bed, I freaked out too till dh woke up and told me he'd woken up and seen us both asleep so he'd put Flynn in his Moses basket. I still doze with Flynn on my chest but I'm hyperaware of where he is and if he's moving.

Flynns been awake since 4am with trapped wind and constipation (massive poo this morning tho so that's fixed) he's been crying and unsettled all morning, I was changing his nappy on his changing mat on my bed (it's got high inflatable edges and a towelling cover so it's comfy) when I'd got his new nappy on he fell asleep before I could do up his sleepsuit, I was so desperate for even a bit of sleep I checked he was safe and left him there while I slept next to him. It got me about 20mins sleep but I did feelreally guilty for leaving him there and not doing his poppers up.

Aww tanya. You checked that he was safe, and you were right next to him. I don't think that was being a bad mother at all! :hugs:

Today was LO's first accident. :nope:I've sprained my thumb so I'm struggling to do daily chores with one hand. I usually put her on the floor in her Bumbo but I cant get the tray on and off with my good hand, so I left LO sitting on the sofa while I went to the kitchen to make her bottle up. Thud. She'd fallen on her face. :cry:Luckily the doctor's surgery was across the road and she was checked over and she's fine, but my god do I HATE myself right now!!

Me and chloe were playing today and she was in my arms and flung herself back and i heard her back and neck click, i really thought she'd done some damage :(

i feel so guilty every time i prepare a bottle for my baby :(
i wanted so bad to breastfeed her but i couldn't
since almost every day i go for the whole day with only one cheese sandwich to eat and sleep for only 2 hours a day
i used to pump once a day to ease my guilt a bit but i cant find the energy to continue no more

i feel so guilty every time i prepare a bottle for my baby :(
i wanted so bad to breastfeed her but i couldn't
since almost every day i go for the whole day with only one cheese sandwich to eat and sleep for only 2 hours a day
i used to pump once a day to ease my guilt a bit but i cant find the energy to continue no more

:hugs: don't feel bad Lahma, so many of us tried and failed, I know how deeply disappointing it is. Are you taking multivitamins? It's not always possible to eat healthy all the time I know, but the multivits I take have ginseng as well which takes the edge off tiredness.

LO sleeps in her nursery upstairs and across the house. I usually sleep in the next room so I can hear her at night. Last night, DH and I both slept in our bedroom and DH had the monitor next to her bed. DH was going to take the feeds so that I could STTN. For the last 4-hr stretch this morning, DH left the volume off on the monitor and I woke up to silence. I ran to the monitor realizing the volume was off and sure enough, LO was screaming her head off. Who knows for how long? By the time I reached her she was super hot and soaking in sweat. I feel like a monster. :(

:hugs: I've done this too. Try not to feel bad, I'm sure baby was still happy to see you!

I put LO to sleep early last night so I could play with the latest software on my phone.
-_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->