The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

ah i'm with you girls on the shouting. I shouted at him this morning that it was not morning and it was not funny he had had mummy up 6 times in 5 hours!! tbh i was at the point of loosing it so i changed his bum, put him in his cot, dummy in mouth and shut his bedroom door, our bedroom door and turned the monitor off. I'd still hear him if he properly cried but not just moaning and i needed a tiny bit of sleep :(

This thread seems to have made a lot of mummies feel better that we aren't alone and it's not so terrible.
Now my bad
Not a good plan, put meerkat manor on for Flynn while I was in the kitchen (he loves meerkats), come back in to hear them say "they drag all the pups aboveground and kill them instinctively" poor Flynn is sat there staring at the tv with big wide eyes! Hope he's too young to realise! Put Richie rich on now, more appropriate.*

I was wearing Flynn while we were out the otherday and dh bought me a hot dog, I said when he bought it "I probably shouldn't have onions or I'll drop them all over his head" I laughed and got onions anyway, first bite, onions dropping on his head! I fished them all out and had to put a napkin over him while I ate lol! Inmates one day I'll get the hang of baby wearing and not surprise people either, I use a stiff carrier from mothercare and I dont like the straps so after it's on i wear a cardi over it, from behind you can't see any sign of baby so standing next to the toy shelves jigging up and down while mock squealing at the toys I looked like a mental person from behind!!

haha! I do that all the time. When she was younger I would take her for lunch and hold her on my lap when I would eat at this ceviche place. I would drip lime juice allover her and joke to my husband that I was "marinating" her for later.

don't know how to love my baby : (
im treating this mother thing like a project
i try to do every thing right i don't even trust the maid to do her laundry or wash her bottles, but i also don't feel any thing when she smiles
i don't play with her
i am so tired and exhausted all the time that i don't know how to enjoy her & she is a lovely baby she doesn't cry that much but it seems i spend the whole day ether trying to feed her or washing her bottles
i have no time for my self at all and i maybe resenting her for it
there is no more traveling or even going out of the house since it takes an hour to feed her and she feeds every 2 hours
I'm a monster and she deserves a better mom

You're not a monster! The first few weeks are so tough - I spent them fantasising about just leaving Lily outside a shop somewhere but things did get better to the point where I cried twice this week when I had to leave her.

It does get easier as they get older and you get into a routine of sorts. :hugs:

I got home last night from working a 13 hour shift. I missed my Babba sooo much. I just wanted to snuggle with him. OH handed him to me and went to hang out with his STUPID friends. LO was SCREAMING with hunger. None of the bottles were cleaned of course. So I had to sit LO down and clean all the bottles. He cried till he didn't have a voice anymore. I picked him up and it brought tears to my eyes. I cleaned as fast as I could!

I got home last night from working a 13 hour shift. I missed my Babba sooo much. I just wanted to snuggle with him. OH handed him to me and went to hang out with his STUPID friends. LO was SCREAMING with hunger. None of the bottles were cleaned of course. So I had to sit LO down and clean all the bottles. He cried till he didn't have a voice anymore. I picked him up and it brought tears to my eyes. I cleaned as fast as I could!

:hugs: Poor babba. Poor mommy!!

My DH does this too, keeps the baby for a day so I can have some 'me' time, and then when I get back he takes off, leaving me with a hungry baby and NO clean bottles. :gun:

my baby fell off the bed this morning :cry::cry:, he's fine though, I cried longer than he did!

I had my lo in the bath with me, when i stood up i bumped his head on the wall :( it wasnt a big bump but i still felt horrible. And a few days b4 that i was putting him down in his crib and bumped his head again on the side of it :( He didnt even wake up. poor little toot! lol x

don't know how to love my baby : (
im treating this mother thing like a project
i try to do every thing right i don't even trust the maid to do her laundry or wash her bottles, but i also don't feel any thing when she smiles
i don't play with her
i am so tired and exhausted all the time that i don't know how to enjoy her & she is a lovely baby she doesn't cry that much but it seems i spend the whole day ether trying to feed her or washing her bottles
i have no time for my self at all and i maybe resenting her for it
there is no more traveling or even going out of the house since it takes an hour to feed her and she feeds every 2 hours
I'm a monster and she deserves a better mom

You are not a monster. I know exactly how you feel. I actually could have written every word of that myself. It's scary how much you've just said how I felt a few months ago. I didn't love my daughter. I felt nothing at all for her. Sometimes I even resented her for ruining my life. The other day my dad was watching her while I was at work and she wasn't home when I got in...I went absolutely mental at him and cried my heart out. Its a slow process and you don't even realise its happening until things like that but you will start to feel right about being a mum.

Oh and to add to my last post. The fact that you won't let anyone else do things cos you don't trust them shows there's something there. Everytime I got scared my mum said 'fine lets put her up for adoption' and I cried everytime...I couldn't and I'm sure you couldn't either.

Mines quite bad! This was after a very whingy day and lots of moaning and tantrums. i rang my mother in law this morning and it went straight to voice mail but couldnt hear properly because my LO was screaming, so i just said, William, for gods sake SHUT UP!! but thinking id hung up, later on my mother in law plays the message to me! as if i need any more ammunition!

Disclaimer - i dont tell my son to shut up regularly but every woman has a limit, i still feel bad now!

I told LO she was "really pissing me off" the other night! DH wasn't impressed!

What happened Saturday morning really scared the shit out of me.
I woke up to a thud and then Jack crying his eyes out.
I don't even recall waking up, taking him out of his crib and taking him in to our bed.
We took Jack to a&e to make sure he was not hurt and thank goodness he wasn't. I feel like such an awful mum but I do realise it was not my fault, my medication makes me extremely sedated and causes me to go in to a practically unwakeable sleep.
I have called my CPN and she is,going to talk to my psychiatrist about other medication options because that can not happen again.

I have a 3 week old and even sometimes when she allows me a decent nights sleep and wakes me up at 8am, I just keep giving her a binky when she whines - instead of holding her as a should. It never works though, after a few minutes of crying I can't sleep. :haha:

I have a 3 week old and even sometimes when she allows me a decent nights sleep and wakes me up at 8am, I just keep giving her a binky when she whines - instead of holding her as a should. It never works though, after a few minutes of crying I can't sleep. :haha:

I do that too. and maybe once every 20 times it does work! and it makes it all worth it :thumbup:

I've been showering with LO since the day he was born, and typically would grab him, wash, wrap him up and set him in his seat while I finished up.

Well, past month or so he's been getting really good at sitting up, so I just set him at the end of the tub to play with his toys, while I finish. Well, today he goes grabbing at my legs while I'm washing my hair, and I think nothing of it... Then he starts screaming and I can't figure out what's wrong! Took him out of the shower and dried him off... Just to realize he's jammed suds of /my/ shampoo into his eye! :cry:

Ended up having to recruit my mom's help, to run water in his eye and get it out, as I couldn't on my own. What a mean mommy I am. :cry:

I have a feeling that in 6 months time I'm going to be on this thread a lot...

omg my poor boy :cry: was trying to cut his finger nail as it was long and breaking and he moved just as I was pressing the clipper down and it took a tiny chunk of skin :cry: Hes got a plaster on now and lots of cuddles and he only cried for 1 second but I feel so bad for hurting him. Am I really terrible? Iv never cut him while doing his nails before (there was quite a bit of blood too):cry:

omg my poor boy :cry: was trying to cut his finger nail as it was long and breaking and he moved just as I was pressing the clipper down and it took a tiny chunk of skin :cry: Hes got a plaster on now and lots of cuddles and he only cried for 1 second but I feel so bad for hurting him. Am I really terrible? Iv never cut him while doing his nails before (there was quite a bit of blood too):cry:

I've done this! It seems like sooo much blood yes, but he's okay, so :hugs:

It was an accident

I somehow manage to cut Flynn nearly everytime I do them... He's just so wriggly! I try to put it off now

I'm another one who always nips LOs finger everytime I do her nails. Even when I bite them I still make her bleed :-S I put it off as long as possible now! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->