The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Pulling my LO out of her highchair this morning, she lifted her legs up right at the wrong moment and started bawling.

Granted she was tired and over reacted anyway, but she had a nasty red scrape on her leg. :nope:

Ooh :-( I do this all the time with the bath seat! LO always resists coming out and makes it worse! xx

I made a video of our silly confession. Well we have a 7 months baby boy and lets say he can surely eat. He's 22.4 lbs and can put down some good food. Well lets say this video explains it all. It's a little silly video and it was fun making it. Don't worry he didn't eat all the food.

Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/S1sYKPUfYDM

I made a video of our silly confession. Well we have a 7 months baby boy and lets say he can surely eat. He's 22.4 lbs and can put down some good food. Well lets say this video explains it all. It's a little silly video and it was fun making it. Don't worry he didn't eat all the food.

Enjoy!!

i was a bit scared! :haha: fab that you live on a farm and your own produce x

Enjoy!!

Bladdy ell! Abby is 2 and a half and has only just tipped 26lbs!

I have to say though, there is absolutely no way I'd have Abby crawling over a pack of raw chicken!!

^^^ have you thought about getting help? It doesn't sound like you're coping well! Hugs x

Yeah, I've been seen for it, and it turns out my anxiety can be linked to low estrogen... Apparently, you can even have psychotic thoughts with an estrogen imbalance!! Fortunately I'm not that bad!
And unfortunately, I can't be treated for my hormone imbalance until my LO is done breastfeeding, because the risk that she'd get the hormone is too high.
So, LO over my own wellbeing, for the next 8.5 months at least.. :wacko:

(Btw, had to mention, I love the name Elsie.. It was on my list!)

I have horrible thoughts...espeically when LO was really tiny for example when i was bathing him i would be thinking about all the things i read of people drowning their babies...its a horrible thort i know but i was thinking how awful it wud be if i jus held him under the water that wud be it ! i know i know wtf am i thinking!!!!!! i wud never do it obviusly and i hate myself for thinking horrible thoughts...i think ive watched too much tv and read too many horror stories about people doing such f***ing horrible horrible stuff to babies...why is it i thought of these things?? i am so ashamed to say i feel like the worst mum in the world and i feel like i am the only one that thinks these things!! i love my baby more than anything in the whole world!!! wtf is wrong with me :( xxxx

I just wanted to tell you there is something called pure O OCD, which is just obsessive thoughts. A very common one is the thought of harming ones child, but it's more like a fear of the thought of harming ones child. It works like this - you are bathing your baby and you think, what if I drown my baby? This is normal as thoughts come and go in our brain, for example, as you mention, due to tv shows etc. A healthy brain then thinks - what a horrible idiotic thought, I'd never do that! and changes subjects. An OCD brain thinks - omg, why did I just think that? does that mean I want to harm my baby? and a vicious cycle of thoughts, guilt, fear and obsessive thinking begins. People with this OCD would never actually commit the act they are obsessing over, it doesn't mean they want to do it, it's like a brain hiccup. Another common one is the thought of running someone over while driving or steering into oncoming traffic, jumping off a bridge or tall place, etc.

Anyway, I bring this up because I had pure O ocd issues a few years ago and it took me a while to find out what it was since I didn't have any compulsions and I thought that I was just a horrible person. I'm not saying you have this, I just thought I'd write this down in case someone might find it helpful.

SO glad i am not alone, i have thought i have had this from a young age, but so glad 2 c others have it 2.
I always think about crashing into a tree when im driving that would be it (would NEVER do it) i feel somtimes if i breath out to heavy on someone that they will die (lol) and if i swallow while lookin at them they will live a happy life, i think if i breath out on somthing (object) that is in a room where there is someone there it would back fire onto them and become ill, If i hurt my right thummb 4 example i need 2 hurt my left thumb on purpose (basicly need to be sore symetricly) also if i have a cold right thumb my other thumb needs 2 be aswell. lol. I have also had the thoughts like u lot 'I could just drop my child and thats it' (would NEVER do this i love my lo soooo much!!!) I hate these thoughts so much :( Is there anything u could do 4 it? I wouldnt want to go 2 the docs just incase he thinks im mad lol! im harmless so im not a danger, just horrible thoughts!

^^^ have you thought about getting help? It doesn't sound like you're coping well! Hugs x

Yeah, I've been seen for it, and it turns out my anxiety can be linked to low estrogen... Apparently, you can even have psychotic thoughts with an estrogen imbalance!! Fortunately I'm not that bad!
And unfortunately, I can't be treated for my hormone imbalance until my LO is done breastfeeding, because the risk that she'd get the hormone is too high.

I have horrible thoughts...espeically when LO was really tiny for example when i was bathing him i would be thinking about all the things i read of people drowning their babies...its a horrible thort i know but i was thinking how awful it wud be if i jus held him under the water that wud be it ! i know i know wtf am i thinking!!!!!! i wud never do it obviusly and i hate myself for thinking horrible thoughts...i think ive watched too much tv and read too many horror stories about people doing such f***ing horrible horrible stuff to babies...why is it i thought of these things?? i am so ashamed to say i feel like the worst mum in the world and i feel like i am the only one that thinks these things!! i love my baby more than anything in the whole world!!! wtf is wrong with me :( xxxx

I just wanted to tell you there is something called pure O OCD, which is just obsessive thoughts. A very common one is the thought of harming ones child, but it's more like a fear of the thought of harming ones child. It works like this - you are bathing your baby and you think, what if I drown my baby? This is normal as thoughts come and go in our brain, for example, as you mention, due to tv shows etc. A healthy brain then thinks - what a horrible idiotic thought, I'd never do that! and changes subjects. An OCD brain thinks - omg, why did I just think that? does that mean I want to harm my baby? and a vicious cycle of thoughts, guilt, fear and obsessive thinking begins. People with this OCD would never actually commit the act they are obsessing over, it doesn't mean they want to do it, it's like a brain hiccup. Another common one is the thought of running someone over while driving or steering into oncoming traffic, jumping off a bridge or tall place, etc.

Anyway, I bring this up because I had pure O ocd issues a few years ago and it took me a while to find out what it was since I didn't have any compulsions and I thought that I was just a horrible person. I'm not saying you have this, I just thought I'd write this down in case someone might find it helpful.

SO glad i am not alone, i have thought i have had this from a young age, but so glad 2 c others have it 2.
I always think about crashing into a tree when im driving that would be it (would NEVER do it) i feel somtimes if i breath out to heavy on someone that they will die (lol) and if i swallow while lookin at them they will live a happy life, i think if i breath out on somthing (object) that is in a room where there is someone there it would back fire onto them and become ill, If i hurt my right thummb 4 example i need 2 hurt my left thumb on purpose (basicly need to be sore symetricly) also if i have a cold right thumb my other thumb needs 2 be aswell. lol. I have also had the thoughts like u lot 'I could just drop my child and thats it' (would NEVER do this i love my lo soooo much!!!) I hate these thoughts so much :( Is there anything u could do 4 it? I wouldnt want to go 2 the docs just incase he thinks im mad lol! im harmless so im not a danger, just horrible thoughts!

omg!!! That's me. I keep thinking what if i throw her off the balcony? I could if I chose to ( i would never ) or when I am cooking I am worried I'll sit her on the burning stove or microwave her. I feel sick over the fact I think these things! I love her and have never hurt her or wanted to but I keep thinking about all the ways I could. Sick

A psychiatrist who does cognitive behavioral therapy is best but I would try this book:
"Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts: How to Gain Control of Your OCD" by Christine Purdon and David A. Clark. For me, a round of SSRI meds (celexa), CBT and having a baby did the trick, so far so good!

I just hugged LO and thought, "how much pressure would it take to snap her bones" it's not coz u want to do it! I think more people have thoughts like that and don't admit it!

I was going to say the same thing before your reply. Also known as obsessive thoughts or intrusive thoughts. It can also include unwanted sexual thoughts (including things that you find revolting) just incase anybody has these too and was too ashamed to say. It's not your fault, you're not a horrible person and it's simply a chemical inbalance in the brain - a medical illness.

I first remember O thoughts when I was about 17 and my nephew was born, I was always obsessed with cot death and used to think that if I talked about it or researched I would make it happen. It was horrendous and I used to sob myself to sleep everynight thinking he was going to die but too afraid to say anything incase I made it happen.

I get the oncoming traffic thing too. It's not an urge but more like a sudden "What would happen if I just swerved out in front of those cars?" it repeats over and over in my head, I can barely think about anything else until my hearts pounding and I can barely breathe! Also things like crossing the road with LO I grip the pushchair really tightly incase I let go or push the pram onto the road.

Anyway, when I was on Citalopram most of the thoughts went away (or maybe they were still there but just not as noticeable for me). xx

Yes i have the unwanted horrible sexual thoughts towards LO and also towards other men lol but i think the 2nd one is natural :) and i also get the "what happens if i swerve" i also get the "if i let go of the buggy"
i used to think that if i deleted pictures of my LO on my phone or camera, he would die...geese what are we like? xx

Enjoy!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... OMG

I think i just wet myself! i was laughing alll the way threw this!! i would love to meet u guys!! u seem to have so much fun haha :D xxxxx

I love this video!!!

I was going to say the same thing before your reply. Also known as obsessive thoughts or intrusive thoughts. It can also include unwanted sexual thoughts (including things that you find revolting) just incase anybody has these too and was too ashamed to say. It's not your fault, you're not a horrible person and it's simply a chemical inbalance in the brain - a medical illness.

I first remember O thoughts when I was about 17 and my nephew was born, I was always obsessed with cot death and used to think that if I talked about it or researched I would make it happen. It was horrendous and I used to sob myself to sleep everynight thinking he was going to die but too afraid to say anything incase I made it happen.

I get the oncoming traffic thing too. It's not an urge but more like a sudden "What would happen if I just swerved out in front of those cars?" it repeats over and over in my head, I can barely think about anything else until my hearts pounding and I can barely breathe! Also things like crossing the road with LO I grip the pushchair really tightly incase I let go or push the pram onto the road.

Anyway, when I was on Citalopram most of the thoughts went away (or maybe they were still there but just not as noticeable for me). xx

Yes i have the unwanted horrible sexual thoughts towards LO and also towards other men lol but i think the 2nd one is natural :) and i also get the "what happens if i swerve" i also get the "if i let go of the buggy"
i used to think that if i deleted pictures of my LO on my phone or camera, he would die...geese what are we like? xx

You are like my long lost twin! I've taken crappy/blurry pics of my LO and been terrified to delete them incase I make something bad happen. I took one of LO sleeping in the bath which was supposed to be cute but when I printed it it came out blue as I had ran out of ink. LO looked dead and I thought it was a message or a warning and was too frightened to rip up the pictures. The ladies on here convinced me to rip it up and throw it away.

I've also had when LO was born thinking I had to go in and check on her at exactly certain times to stop something bad happening to her.

I have read a lot on the OCD thoughts and I have never come across anyone who has acted on them. When I get the thoughts about swerving etc. I play out a whole horrible scenario in my head of crashing, getting LO out, being airlifted to hospital, intensive care, funeral etc. It's awful.

Don't be frightened of the thoughts, we just have faulty brains! Don't push the thoughts away but don't dwell on them too much either. They are only thoughts and can't hurt you, once a particular thought stops causing you panic and anxiety it will go away.

Citalopram manages my OCD very well but I think what's helped more is reading hundreds of articles on obsessive thoughts. Now as soon as I get one I think "No, that's just OCD talking" and it passes. The thoughts don't scare me anymore as I know what they are. If it's really frightening or obsessing I find that saying it outloud or writing it down until it doesn't scare you really helps.

If they ever interfere with your life you should speak to your DR, citalopram or sertraline can really help these thoughts. Hugs xx

Back on topic, my bad Mummy confession of the day -

LO is learning to walk and has been walking holding onto one of my fingers. But sometimes she goes too quick for me and falls and I don't catch her quickly enough so she is covered in bumps and bruises! xx

I really enjoyed a spicy Thai green curry last night for my birthday but I'm BFing and LO has been throwing up all day and bad nappys! All my fault! :-(

I took one of LO sleeping in the bath which was supposed to be cute but when I printed it it came out blue as I had ran out of ink. LO looked dead and I thought it was a message or a warning and was too frightened to rip up the pictures. The ladies on here convinced me to rip it up and throw it away.

Had to laugh at this lol :p i swear we are long lost twins :) i check on LO all the time when he is asleep!! every time i go for a wee in the night and when he's asleep during the day in his cot i check on him loads lol
xx

Bad mom moment today: Keep thinking all I want is my pre-mom life back because LO won't nap which means I don't get any me time. Trying very hard to look at LO and like her - but am currently resenting her. Resenting a tiny little baby - feel like a horrible person.

Sounds like quite a lot of OCD mommas here, haha!
I get those random thoughts of throwing LO across the room like a rag doll, but it usually just makes me giggle. I know I'd never do such a thing, and I'm SO neurotic. I have this constant fear of dropping her or whacking her head somehow, and of course, to my crazy brain, that means instant ******ation. (So not true, I know.)
Then my DH puts her on his shoulders for a piggy-back ride as we walk across pavement, to a store or something.. Omg, I could shriek. Odessa is SO little.. And at just 4 months, she's still a bit wobbly.. I swear, DH just does it to stress me out. Sort of like a "neener neener, you've got nothing to worry about, you psycho." Ugh.

Bad mom moment today: Keep thinking all I want is my pre-mom life back because LO won't nap which means I don't get any me time. Trying very hard to look at LO and like her - but am currently resenting her. Resenting a tiny little baby - feel like a horrible person.

You're not a horrible person, you're grieving for your old life, it's a huge shock and a big change. I didn't enjoy motherhood until very recently, as in the past month or 2! I found it so hard and still do, nothing like what I expected! Nobody tells you that some babies don't just eat, sleep, poo, play, eat sleep, poo, play and in fact they cry a lot of the time, fight sleep, don't let you put them down etc!

What have you tried for naps? Swaddling, a swing, white noise, dummy?? LO is only little and will probably only manage around an hour before needing a sleep or she'll get overtired and fight sleep.

It WILL get better xxx

I think this is MUCH more common than you know.
Just wait 'til she starts smiling and laughing. Totally heart-melting.
But even though my LO has her silly moments, when she's being an asshole (not harsh, she's a total jerk), I still have those moments of "Oh god, I'm too young for this. I want to go out to bars, and I want to jump my husband :winkwink: , and I want to sew, or paint, or work on a screenplay!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->