The BFP Annoucement Sticky - Guidelines

Thank you!!!! x

You should come join the July 2013 due date thread~it's nice to be able to compare with others who are at a similar place in our pregnancies. (I don't know how to link to other threads, but its just titled something like "July 1st...any other July 2013"

Congrats Anorak! Happy & healthy 9 months are in order! :flower:

I am in shock! After over a year of trying, tons of tests, a gazillion appointments and follow-ups, IUIs and finally IVF - it worked!

I`m 40 years young, I was making myself sick with worry that it wouldn`t happen. Despite being told by my FS that my numbers were very good, I kept getting obsessed with stats, test results, etc. We got 22 ovules (!), 9 fertilized, 6 developed. The best two were implanted at 3 days.

when I saw the second line I just cried and cried. I was zen for the whole 2ww but the last few days I had strong period cramps so I was 100% convinced it was over. The only reason I took a home test the morning of the clinic`s blood test was not to have a mental breakdown at work when they would call with the results :wacko:

it`s still very early of course, 3 weeks to the dreaded viability scan (ugh how I hate that term). But still this feels like a victory. I'm enjoying the few days so far of being a little bit pregnant, no matter how it will go. IVF is covered here cost-wise but still the emotional investment, the hope, dreams etc. we place in these things is sooooo huge.

My first son was a micro preemie, I was/am 100% determined not to put us/ a precious baby through that hell again. What I`ve been doing the last year:

-lost 40 lbs
-got my blood pressure under control (cause of premature birth last time)
-eating well, exercising
-getting work stress under control (ie I developed a serious 'i couldn`t care less' attitude haha)
-600mg of coq10 per day
-acupuncture in a clinic specializing in fertility. This I only started during the (2 month long) ivf cycle. They said typically you should begin 3 months before your cycle. I find it soooo relaxing.
-trying to keep warm, eating warm foods

I`m sorry I haven`t been posting much in the monthly threads, I just couldn`t face having a few buddies, sharing all the exciting details only to finish with bad news. But I`ve been following the stories here for well over a year.

Thank you all you fab ladies for your help and encouragements. It will happen for all of us :hugs: Oh and congrats Anorak!! :flower:

Attachments

• ye.jpg
    ye.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 15
Vermeil huge congratulations. Everything crossed for you xxxx

Well, it looks like there haven't been many posts on this thread lately; however, I have appreciated reading all the positive news for women TTC over 35. This thread gives me hope!

I'm 36 years and 6 months old and have been TTC naturally with my DH without success. We are giving home insemination another shot during my current cycle (hoping to ovulate within the next 4-5 days), then making an appointment for him to get a SA and me to get my FSH test at the start of my next AF.

I wish all of you who are currently pregnant a healthy nine months and best wishes to those of you still trying! Hopefully more ladies will post theirs soon, and I hope to eventually post my BFP here too. Here's to lots of BFPs in 2013!

:dust:

Congrats Vermeil!!! Wishing you a happy, healthy & sticky 9 mos!!! :happydance:

Huge congrats LilSluz, Vermeil & anorak!
It really does keep the spirits up to read such good news x
:hug::hug::hug:

On December 31st I got my first ever BFP at age 39. My OH is 41.

I am guestimating that I am 4 weeks and two days however I began having vague symptoms much earlier and my mom and sister-in-law believe I could be 8 weeks and 2 days because my last period on December 2nd was so light and odd compared to the rest of them.

TTC for 5 months
6 cycles and 2 cycles NTNP before that
Average cycle is 26 to 27 days
I do not use OPK's or chart

My issues…
Severe Hypothyroidism had a TSH level of 19 at one point - successfully treated with diet and Synthroid
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) when I was age 23 - hospitalized - successfully treated
Two major abdominal surgeries (bowel resection, acute gangrenous appendicitis) due to Crohns disease at age 24 - complete remission after surgeries
Severe allergies to dust, perfumes, cleaners and scented products

What I do to stay healthy
Eat certified organic non GMO veggies and fruits, grass fed beef and free range chicken when possible,
NO soy products
Maintain healthy weight of 125lbs to 130lbs at 5 foot 5
Walk everywhere
Take folic acid, Calcium with D3, Probiotics and an occassional B complex
I rarely eat fast or processed foods… my system can't take it

TMI… I have not spotted at all (knock on wood)
CD1 to CD2 - AF only lasted 1.5 days and was less than half normal volume - BFN on CD1 with mid-afternoon pee
CD1 to CD12 - BD every day - not easy during Christmas season - noticing jeans/pants are getting tight
CD10 to CD15 constipated - major sore pimples on face - burping up food - short of breath (odd)
CD16 - Ovulation? Major diarrhea - more pimples - normally don't get pimples until right before AF
CD17 1dpo - pants are tight
CD18 2dpo - night sweats - BB's are bigger?
CD19 3dpo - BB's are sore to touch way early I mostly don't get sore BB's before AF
CD20 4dpo - Back to constipated - grumpy
CD21 5dpo - slightly sore throat - sleepy
CD22 6dpo - spaced out - shoulders hurt - stomach queezy - bowels working fine again
CD23 7dpo - Christmas Eve - food tastes weird sleepy - notice lots veins on inner wrists
CD24 8dpo - Christmas Day - can not stay awake in evening - thirsty - heart palpitations
CD25 9dpo - BB's are hurting - bra feels tight - shooting pains in abdomen when standing from sitting
CD26 10dpo - sleepy - sore BB's - pants too tight - feel like period will start any day - skin clears up (odd)
CD27 11dpo - can't sit forward without feeling light headed/weak BB's are really sore… can smell everything… OH comments on this… sleepy and can't get off of couch - feel like period will start any day - shooting beif abdominal pains
CD28 12dpo - bra is uncomfortable feeling extremely moody - waking up to pee ( I never wake up to pee) - clothing fits funny especially in evening
CD29 13dpo - Period is now due - test at 4:00AM - BFP! - exhausted - cried - dark test line shows as urine passes over test. Me - is this test broken? Holy Sh!T! It's not broken.

CD30 New Years Day! - Can no longer wear normal bra. BB's have grown from an A to B cup. They are sore. nipples/areola have doubled in size. Upper back hurts. Brief cramping/shotting pains - feel like period will start.

It's now CD31. Veins are showing everywhere. I'm very pale skinned and this is odd.

I wish my doctor would call back so I can find out how far along I am.

I just wanted to say that reading this forum helped me immensely and I wanted to share in detail how I got to where I'm at in hopes of helping someone else.

Anyhow, take care all!

Congrats to you Eve!!!! Hoping you have a H&H 9 mos!

3birds - you sneaky thing.:haha: I haven't announced yet given my past issues (will announce if 13+ wks), but thank you! :hugs:

Thanks for letting me away with that LilSluz :hugs::hugs:
:)
Congratulations Eve, thanks for sharing :)

Encouraged by your good news ladies xxx

Amazingly & against the odds we got a bfp!!
Its still super early & Im being realistic. Really hoping for a sticky bean. Whatever the outcome, I thought Id post here to give other over 35s hope. I have very low AMH & high FSH & DH has poor quality swimmers. We've tried everything! The thing we did differently in the last 3 mths was both go to a trad chinese medicine practitioner for herbs & acupuncture. Theres more about that & hpt pics in my journal. Of course Im anxious it will all come to an end. Havent even seen Dr yet. Will just have to wait & see.

:dust:

xxx

:yipee: Congrats threebirds!!! Wishing it a perfect sticky one of the 9-month variety! looks like you have been at this a long time, so extra special: :wohoo: :happydance:

Thanks Lady H & LilSluz, can't quite believe it! :hugs:
& LilSluz looks like I can now officially congratulate you :-D
Hope you're keeping well xxx

Waiting until 12+ weeks to post in here, but that's OK :)shhh: just don't tell anybody) :rofl:. If I make it, you can congratulate me again at that point! :haha: :hugs: And I can check up on your 1st scan :thumbup:. I'm doing well - living from scan to scan & trying to keep my mind off of things. Thanks for asking!

Hope you are hanging in there, I know its nerve-wracking, but just try to keep busy (Netflix is awesome for relaxing & keeping your mind off of stuff if you get addicted to some TV series'!). Keep us posted on how you do!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->