The Cambridge Diet Support Thread

so how long till ketosis happens and how will i know?

i did tea and i still cooked for me lol, saving the mash potato though and making rhys a little fish pie with it :)

I think ketosis takes 2-3 daysish? Depends on the individual I'd imagine.

LOL Lou, '' well done no baby food'' sounds like I sit there with a pot of green mush and a spoon lmfao
xx

hahahaha @ Mel

Helen it can take upto 5 days u will have a few days of feeling bit ropey with mild headache then u will prob think u are going to eat rhys if he sits still long enough then u should wake up the next day and not feel that hunger at all and actually be thinking oh god its time for a shake not oh god i need a shake!

Lou
xxx

eewwwww @ porridge.....I struggle with which one to have for breakfast, so just have the cappucino with coffee in:thumbup:

Uh OH i caved again....3 bickies argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jac im gonna kick your ass!!!!

your not eating cos your hungry you DO NOT need those biscuits!!! now get your head in the game or there will be no skinny jac!!!

listen to me being all assertive hahahaha! but seriously u can do this jac and for every biscuit u eat u put yourself back furthur u make ketosis furthur out of your reach!!!!

well done mel no baby food and hope helen enjoyes her hot choc!

Lou
xxx

:cry: will I really prolong it? I wasnt sure wether I would...but omg....I feel light headed and crap then i eat a bickie and i feel ok again:dohh:

RIGHT TOMORROW I WILL NOT EAT ANYTHING I SHOULDN'T!

so how long till ketosis happens and how will i know?

i did tea and i still cooked for me lol, saving the mash potato though and making rhys a little fish pie with it :)

Oh you will know! About day 4 you will feel funny, headaches, lethargic maybe for a couple of days then after its like wham! you feel full of energy and really good......its good when you get there but before you do is not so good.

Wow I didnt think Ketosis took so long to happen! I dont think I have ever been in ketosis lol!
xx

Wow I didnt think Ketosis took so long to happen! I dont think I have ever been in ketosis lol!
xx

you dont on step 3 thats why i'm doing 2.

it'll hit me then at the weekend whe craig will want a fucking roast dinner lol, well i told him it'll be roast chicken as red meat is now off the menu lol, i am quite peckish now if i'm honest but not too bad i need to grab the crisps, i am now banning crisps from the house lol i banned biscuits and kit kats nearly a yr ago now and we replaced it with fruit which with rosie went down like a ton of bricks but she got used to it

x

I kinda feel like im cheating on step 3 really, most people do step 2 and below, and theres me with my 1000 cals a day, I almost feel wrong saying im doing the cambridge diet when there are people doing SS and not eating food etc.. I dunno why.
But then, if im losing weight on step 3, then I suppose im doing something right. I just dont like saying im on the cambridge diet cos I feel like im not really, everyone associates CD with SS, and cos im not doing SS I feel like im cheating... if that makes any sense.
lol!

technically u wont be on the cambridge diet for long as the name will be changing within the next couple of weeks :)

Mel whatever plan you are following its part of cambridge so u are doing the diet!!!!
u have to do what suits you best

Jac the reason you feel better is because you are giving your tummy something to eat that means it satisfies it for a couple of mins then it is more keen for more than it was before

Lou
xxx

its working for you mel you skinny biatchhhhh. cant wait to look slimmer lol, its what you feel comfy doing end of the day. i'll move onto step 3 closer to my target weight.

craig has just opened a bag of crisps and some chocolate :( made me hungry. but i drank the rest of my water instead :lol: i have been to the loo bout 15 times today and am desperate again lol.

Hello ladies ....i have emailed a counciller but dont even know if shes close the phone code i didnt reconise also going GP to get go ahead for SS as I need to retrain my stupid brain ...at the moment i hardly eat but its all the wrong crap ...today poorly kids i didnt eat until 9pm and then it was bacon butty though grilled but still no good ...wish me luck not even sure Gp will let me do SS but I can ask her opinion xx

Hello, I'm doing a diff version of a meal replacement diet but I hope I can still post in here for moral support :)

Anyway I started today after realising I have gained 10lbs in a month over Xmas :rofl: Not really funny but if I don't laugh I'll cry. Not sure what weight I want to lose so I'm just gonna go by how I feel I look and how my clothes fit. I have a pair of skinnies that are soooooooo tight they hurt and I can't breathe or walk in them so I'd like to fit into them properly by March/April :)
I'm doing 2 meal replacements a day and a soup broth for my 3rd meal.. I'm having the broth for dinner tonight but might switch it about for lunch too. I'm excited to lose weight but nervous I'll give up :(

serina there should be no reason doc doesnt give you the go ahead so good luck with that!

blah good luck with your version of diet your welcome on here ofcourse

Helen well done for resisting and drinking your water

Lou
xxx

woop woop girls, Ive lost 5lb since monday..weighed myself today for the other thread as everyone else was.

So now if I weigh myself next friday it will be for 9 days not 7............I'm feeling much more optimistic today
I WILL NOT EAT BISCUITS:muaha:

good luck serina and blah xxxxxxxxxxx

:happydance:

yey jacqui !!!

hi ladies,

What a great thread. Im really wanting to go on the cambridge diet.

looking for some advice. I had a planned c section just over 3 weeks ago how long should I wait to start the diet and will the councillors let me start it? Not sure how much I weigh at the mo but currently dress size 16/18 so def overweight would like to slim down to a size 10/12 (if my curvy figure will let me :happydance:):happydance: havent been slim for about 5 to 6 years now so no idea what my ideal weight is or should be.

I will be seeing my health visitor and doctor in about 3 weeks time for my 6 weeks check do I need to mention to them that I want to start the diet.

Im sooooo chuffed to have my 2nd little boy he is gorgeous and I know im only 3 weeks post birth but im so depressed about my weight. I went to start the diet last year made an appointment and everything but then i found out I was pregnant so it has been along time coming. Hopefully everyone will give me the go ahead cant wait to get started as im bursting with motivation after seeing myself in recent photos.

Hope the diet is going ok for you ladies x

congratulations on your little boy!!

im sure you have to be at least 12 weeks delivered before you can start but im sure lou will correct me if im wrong :hugs:

well so far ive still not cheated!:happydance:
Ok, well I maybe had an extra broccoli florett or 2 on my meal :haha:

I'm so motivated today and no headache or feeling dizzy yet either:happydance:

I CAN DO IT!

yay jac well done, i reckon i had a lul too much bocolli on my plate lol and i licked the spoon of rhys's yoghurt haha, i didnt even realise i'd done it lol.

no side effects yet and only get a tad hungry about 4pm.

i'm worried i'm going to fail next sunday for rhys's little tea party having a few sarnies out for visiting family etc. i really want to share a bit of cake on his 1st birthday :(

can i have lunch instead of tea and have celery and cottage cheese and a tuna salad with cucmber lol and a slice of cake :)

Hey all you cambridge dieters! I have a few questions if you dont mind answering?

You can't do the cambridge diet while breast feeding, can you?
How much weight do you lose on it?
How much does it cost?
What is ketosis?

Hey all you cambridge dieters! I have a few questions if you dont mind answering?

You can't do the cambridge diet while breast feeding, can you?
How much weight do you lose on it?
How much does it cost?
What is ketosis?

I would not advise it at all for BF mothers, you dont want anything to affect milk or baby

You can lose however much you like, my CDC said anyone with 2 stone+ is welcome to try

costs different for everyone cos CDC can charge diff rates etc, but there is a guide line earlier on that Lou posted somewhere. I pay £25 a week for 2 meals a day.

Lou explains ketosis a couple of pages back

:hugs:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back