The Cambridge Diet Support Thread

Hey all you cambridge dieters! I have a few questions if you dont mind answering?

You can't do the cambridge diet while breast feeding, can you?
How much weight do you lose on it?
How much does it cost?
What is ketosis?

No u cant do it when breast feeding the calories are too low

not one person will lose the same weight but on AVERAGE its a stone per calendar month, i lost 9.5 in 7 months

cost varies from counsellor to counsellor but around 1.80-2.20 a shake is pretty normal!

i did explain ketosis a couple of pages ago

as for someone who asked about starting, you cant do the diet until 12 weeks post birth and until breast feeding is finished that is if u have chosen to BF

u can mention to your doctor as it may be necessary to get a form signed so its good to know you have there support as there are some who will only recommend NHS diet and not support any others

Helen, you can have your meal at whatever time in the day you chose, i personally wouldnt recommend the cake but it wont kill u but you need to think will u be able to stop!?! if u think no then stay away from cake, if u think u can have a peice of cake and then have a shake and get back to it straight away you will be fine!

Lou
xxx

yay well done jacs 5lb in 5 days is brill!!

just popping in i cant wait to start but i think i need to find a mobile consellor as i cant get anywhere with work kids and archie

should get some money at the start of next week so ill be starting then, im excited but a tad scared lol

good luck Louise on starting your gonna do great dont be scared think of it as a new start!

Lou
xxx

had baked cod loin wrapped in foil mixed herbs and spinkle of cajun spice, on curly kale and beans, portion still slightly over well actually about 4 tablespoons over :rofl: but cabbage is mainly water anyway by the time i chewed it would have been 2 tablespoons lol.
got 1/4 water left to drink had a little headache earlier but drank more water and its gone now :)
good luck Louise you'll do fab, if i can manage it this long anyone can do it, ask mel how much i love food and who always has desert lol

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn biscuits (and crackers)

I thought i'd just have one:blush: Ok, about 12:dohh:

Feel bad now though.

Mmmm Helen your meal sounds yummy, Ive not got much in at all so im having tuna steak and spinach thats it....punishment for eating all those biscuits :rofl:

I cant wait to see my new councellor on monday as I'm not sure on what veggies I can/cant have etc and I'm getting a bit bored of tuna/cod/chicken with broccoli or spinach...........must be others I just cant find my little book:dohh: and I only have 5 diff CD'S that I like left. I have nearly a whole weeks worth of yuck ones that I dunno what to do with:shrug:

jac your new counsellor may swap them for u but only may! ask her saves wasting them!

remember u want to be slim find te reason and focus on it!

Lou
xxx

I shall ask her see if she will. I was going to put them on ebay but there doesnt seem to be any on there anymore:shrug: Not sure if its allowed.

Those bloody biscuits lured me to the cupboard Lou....

the ones on ebay always get took off, i had loads a while ago because i dont like any of the sachets

in the end rob used them up

i ate a fishfinger :dohh: at least it was only a teaspoon of breadcrumbs :rofl:

hark at me justifying myself :rofl:

i used to like making jelly with the cd water flavourings

i added a bit food colouring to make it more believable lol

put it in little pots and it was good when i wanted to pick at things and helped with my water intake becuase im really bad with the water .

i struggle with water but making myself because i hate having headaches.

if you come out of ketosis, for instance if you ate a few sandwiches, would you go through the hunger bit for 4 days again or would it shorten iygwim. not like eating meals all day. just one meal say?

i would imagine it would be shorter time but would prob depend on the individual.

if i had to have something i normally had some chicken breast to stayed in ketosis

:flower:

i struggle with water but making myself because i hate having headaches.

if you come out of ketosis, for instance if you ate a few sandwiches, would you go through the hunger bit for 4 days again or would it shorten iygwim. not like eating meals all day. just one meal say?

I was wondering this too as I'm a cow for picking (biscuits) I'm not having my last CD today due to me scoffing that nearly whole pack of biscuits :blush:

i wont buy biscuits anymore cos i would troff the lot, i eat 6 penguins at once lol, 4 bags of crisps is nothing to me lol, no crisps on this weeks shopping list oh's idea. luckily rosie doesnt like crisps.
i'm going to be good now because after that fishfinger it didnt do anything may as well not eaten it. so i'll know next time if i'm tempted its not worth it.
jac once your in ketosis it'll be loads easier as you won't be hungry

I know Helen, I was doing so well yesterday and there I go and scoff all those biscuits:nope: Once I had one though, I couldn't stop! I was like a deranged woman stuffing them into my mouth :haha:

I know Helen, I was doing so well yesterday and there I go and scoff all those biscuits:nope: Once I had one though, I couldn't stop! I was like a deranged woman stuffing them into my mouth :haha:

i know what you mean its so easy though isnt it, i just grabbed it and scoffed it in one, it didnt make me feel better though. give it a few days and this bit will pass. keep drinking water :)

Ladies you can always ask your cdc for ketostix...they usually have them and you can always pee on them and see if you are still in ketosis for peace of mind iykwim? :) At christmas i had my christmas dinner and i still remained in ketosis...the bodys a weird and wonderful thing isnt it? :confused:

Iv just started using the mix-a-mousse and i love it...its just like angel delight...would so recommend it if you havent tried it yet!

Jac did you end up finding another cdc? xx

jac u cant sell them on ebay you account gets investigated and they are immediately removed!!!

helen naughty naughty but as long as u stick with it for now u will do great

as for going out of ketosis it depends on what you eat if u eat lots of carbs, bread, pasta stuff then it will obviously take longer if u ate a roast dinner it would prob be quicker but u will still get the symtoms, im really ketosis sensative and i could come out really easy! first time round they had an add a meal week every 5 weeks and u should have remained in ketosis but i always came out!

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"