The 'chit chat' thread

So yes, I am pregnant. Just informed the GP about this yesterday. Honestly, I've not decided if I want to be happy about this just yet... I am more nervous and scared than happy. I did not have AF after my miscarriage and the GP said "oh dear, we wouldn't know how far long are you!"

New motto - one day at a time.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I am so happy for you, congrats!!! :hugs:

hi girlscan i just ask how long it took for yr bleeding to stop after? i seemto have pretty much stopped bleeding now and its only been 5 days but also today i'm feeling a bit crampy (on and off) lightheaded/dizzy and a bit sicky? I didn;tknow if this was "normal"

I bled continuously (sp?) for 4 weeks, had a d+c due to retained products and infection and then stopped a week after that, but it is completely different for everyone hun xx

i know i have nothing retained as they scanned me when I got to hospital to check the placenta had been delivered and I was given anti-b's (one up my bum and 4 oral tablets). I have started bleeding again this afternoon, the only thingthat really concerns me is that I have had 2 previous c-sections one of which was only 15 months ago but I guess if there was going to be a problem there it would have happened already.

i know i have nothing retained as they scanned me when I got to hospital to check the placenta had been delivered and I was given anti-b's (one up my bum and 4 oral tablets). I have started bleeding again this afternoon, the only thingthat really concerns me is that I have had 2 previous c-sections one of which was only 15 months ago but I guess if there was going to be a problem there it would have happened already.

My friend gave birth and bled on and off for about 8 weeks, mixture of heavy and light. I think (may be mistaken, but she had a section about 18 months before she gave birth again) that when you are scanned they check the tissue also xx

My friend gave birth and bled on and off for about 8 weeks, mixture of heavy and light. I think (may be mistaken, but she had a section about 18 months before she gave birth again) that when you are scanned they check the tissue also xx

My second PG was a section in 2004, I then had MMC 2009, bled for approx 2 weeks after then got AF 5 weeks and 4 days later. However there was nearly 5 years between my section and MMC.

I was concerned after my MMC in July 09 that i was bleeding for longer than I should, this can be a sign of an infection. I went to doctor whi gave me antibiotics just to make sure all was ok. No further problems then and was PG again in Sept 09.:hugs:

my bleeding isn't bad seems to be on and off now but mainly when I go to the toilet! I just want it to end as its just a constant reminder atm!
When I was first preg this time I got really bloated to start with and before my dating scan DH and I were really worried it would be twins, seems a bit ironic now that we don't even have 1 now! Well we do we have 2 beautiful children that we are really thankful for.

I was walking my son home from school yesterday and there was this woman onthe other side of the road on her phone and just let her 2/3 year old little boy run out into the road in front of loads of traffic! Thankfully all the cars stopped and he went up onto the pavement and waited for his mum and sisters to then cross but the mother didn't once say anything, just carried on having a conversation on her mobile! I wanted to go and slap ehr and scream at her that she didn;t deserve to have kids, I was soooo angry!

my bleeding isn't bad seems to be on and off now but mainly when I go to the toilet! I just want it to end as its just a constant reminder atm!
When I was first preg this time I got really bloated to start with and before my dating scan DH and I were really worried it would be twins, seems a bit ironic now that we don't even have 1 now! Well we do we have 2 beautiful children that we are really thankful for.

I was walking my son home from school yesterday and there was this woman onthe other side of the road on her phone and just let her 2/3 year old little boy run out into the road in front of loads of traffic! Thankfully all the cars stopped and he went up onto the pavement and waited for his mum and sisters to then cross but the mother didn't once say anything, just carried on having a conversation on her mobile! I wanted to go and slap ehr and scream at her that she didn;t deserve to have kids, I was soooo angry!

This. OMG. WHY?!?! I get so angry too! x

Somehow it doesn`t seem fair.

You hear these stories about kids being mis-treated and the parents seem to be able to churn out kids at the drop of a hat, then other people, who would and do make excellent parents, seem to be the ones that have all the problems.

I may be opening a can of worms here, but something that really really annoys me, is to see pregnant women smoking - I feel like going up to them and slapping them.

That`s my little rant for the day!

Somehow it doesn`t seem fair.

You hear these stories about kids being mis-treated and the parents seem to be able to churn out kids at the drop of a hat, then other people, who would and do make excellent parents, seem to be the ones that have all the problems.

I may be opening a can of worms here, but something that really really annoys me, is to see pregnant women smoking - I feel like going up to them and slapping them.

That`s my little rant for the day!

I gave up smoking for 16 weeks, then cracked and had about 1 fag a week after that, normally on a Friday after 5 shitty days at work. But the ones who carry on chuffing away daily - yes, totally agree. Especially in public, it doesn't look nice tbh (no offence intended to anyone) x

i'm totally with you there dancareoi, it took us 2 years to conceive Ailsa and the whole time we were trying everyday I'd see this woman walking up our road heavily preg and smoking like a train and it made me sick, like you I could have slapped her! In fact I could still slap her now some days, she has 2 boys and 2 girls, the eldest boy is a delight but the other 3 are right little shits! I saw the 5 year old boy (2nd eldest) eating a boost bar on the way to school the other morning! Nothing like a healthy breakfast to set him up for a busy day at school eh?!?!?
For a small town we seem to have an awful lot of these people that seem to be able to churn kids out at a drop of a hat and don't give a shit about them!
I count my blessings every day that I have my 2 healthy kiddies, unforunately I've seen the not being able to have kids from all angles, from not being able to conceive, having an early mc and then a 2nd tri mc.

i'm totally with you there dancareoi, it took us 2 years to conceive Ailsa and the whole time we were trying everyday I'd see this woman walking up our road heavily preg and smoking like a train and it made me sick, like you I could have slapped her! In fact I could still slap her now some days, she has 2 boys and 2 girls, the eldest boy is a delight but the other 3 are right little shits! I saw the 5 year old boy (2nd eldest) eating a boost bar on the way to school the other morning! Nothing like a healthy breakfast to set him up for a busy day at school eh?!?!?
For a small town we seem to have an awful lot of these people that seem to be able to churn kids out at a drop of a hat and don't give a shit about them!
I count my blessings every day that I have my 2 healthy kiddies, unforunately I've seen the not being able to have kids from all angles, from not being able to conceive, having an early mc and then a 2nd tri mc.

Your comments have made me chuckle. :haha:

It`s not fair though is it?

no its really not, it does stick in yr throat how some people can't have kids and some people struggle either thru fertility issues or problems sustaining a pregnancy, people that would kill to be parents and given the opportunity would do everything in their power to do things "right" during their pregnancy and beyond and yet at the other end of the spectrum you get people popping out kids left right and centre whilst drinking, smoking and taking drugs who really couldn't care less about their kids, half the time they seem like an inconvenience to them!
But as my husband says their is no fair or unfair its just life!

no its really not, it does stick in yr throat how some people can't have kids and some people struggle either thru fertility issues or problems sustaining a pregnancy, people that would kill to be parents and given the opportunity would do everything in their power to do things "right" during their pregnancy and beyond and yet at the other end of the spectrum you get people popping out kids left right and centre whilst drinking, smoking and taking drugs who really couldn't care less about their kids, half the time they seem like an inconvenience to them!
But as my husband says their is no fair or unfair its just life!

Why is it bad things happen to good people?

A friend of mine tried for numerous years to have a family to no avail. She even had 5 failed IVF attempts!

in the end her and her husband decided to go down the adoption route. They ended up adopted two sisters who were 7 and 18 months old when they came to them (removed from a disfunctional family, with numerous kids and were taken away for gross neglect)

They say everything happens for a reason (can`t see it myself most of the time) anyway, she couldn`t have children of her own , but ended up with 2 daughters who desperately needed a loving family.

i do believe that everything happens for a reason and it seems horrible and bad and horrendous at the time but in a few years time u'll look back and think well that happened so that this could happen, or similar, if you get what I mean.

But that is lovely that she has been able to give a better life to 2 innocent children.

i do believe that everything happens for a reason and it seems horrible and bad and horrendous at the time but in a few years time u'll look back and think well that happened so that this could happen, or similar, if you get what I mean.

But that is lovely that she has been able to give a better life to 2 innocent children.

Yes those two children now have a fantastic life.

My mom always says everything happens for a reason and your life is already mapped out and that everything that happens is meant to happen.

Sometimes, like for us now, you look and think what could be the reason for this and at the moment we can`t see it.

however, in july 09 i had a MMC at 8 weeks gestation. Luckily in sept 09 i was PG again and in May 10 had my little boy.

i look back now and think if i hadn`t had the MMC, i would of course have a child, but it would not be the lovely, cheeky little monkey, we know and love today. This little being would not have existed if i hadn`t lost the other one.

So when i look back at this I think, yes, it did happen for a reason.

i really hope next year, i can look back at this year and say the same thing, because at the moment, 2012 is the worst year i have ever had.:cry:

yeah i know exactly what you mean - i had an early mc in march 09 at 5 weeks gestation, almost a year to the day after i got that bfp i got another bfp which resulted in the gorgeous healthy little girl i now have sat next to me smearing toast and jam all over her face!
Its strange in that its pretty much 3 years to the day of losing that first bean when i lost this baby as well - march seems to be full of highs and lows for me, its also mine and dhs wedding anniversay on monday!

good morning - doing ok here - was my wedding anniversary yesterday, didn't do much but had a takeaway curry and watched eragon, although I did fall asleep and miss some of it! Seem to be having problems staying awake past 9pm these days!

If you don;t mind me asking whereabouts in Kent r u Miss Mitch? I used to live in Sussex and my mum works in Sevenoaks and lives in Tonbridge now.

good morning - doing ok here - was my wedding anniversary yesterday, didn't do much but had a takeaway curry and watched eragon, although I did fall asleep and miss some of it! Seem to be having problems staying awake past 9pm these days!

If you don;t mind me asking whereabouts in Kent r u Miss Mitch? I used to live in Sussex and my mum works in Sevenoaks and lives in Tonbridge now.

Happy anniversary! :flower:
I'm having a bad day today, my stomach pains are back (that I had when I had an infection and retained products before my d+c) and doctor will do nothing about it apart from blood tests. And, also found out the date today which Olivia's body was released for cremation so i'm feeling so down and emotional today. I have really had enough, I don't really care if i'm here or not anymore. My body has let me down so much these past few months, and no one cares. I'm not suicidal or anything, but I just really don't care anymore.

No of course not, i'm on the Isle of Sheppey xx

Oh hun bless yeah - I guess i'm lucky in a way that I had no complications and of course finding out about yr anegls cremation is bound to make you emotional.
Just look after yrself, take paracetemol and eat lots of chocolate :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->