The Clearblue Trial Ladies!

The reason you shouldn't usually use fmu is because you always have lh in your body all month long. Using first morning urine means the lh is concentrated and can give a false positive. Second morning urine is usually better as your bladder is empty but not diluted with lots of drinks. That way you know if its a real surge of lh and not just concentrated over night.

That's what I've always thought anyway? Xx

I'd use the wee from the pot too. Although its odd as most opks tell you not to use first morning urine because the lh will be concentrated but these tell you to use first morning wee. I'm wondering if that's why some of you are getting false peaks.

You know I found it weird too as iv used the other clear blue opks that give either smiley or no smiley but I tested the theory because last cycle I got positives for two days so I would first use an Ic opk using fmu and they was both clearly positive and then I'd dip a cb one and that too would be positive so it can't be down to cb tests. So yeah it makes me wander why they say u cnt use fmu iv even bought a few Ic ones that actually say u can and I would say it is in fact the best time to test since it wouldn't be diluted. It is so hard to not drink anything during the day just so you can test. Next cycle will be an interesting one for me as I found out I was temping wrong so makes me wander if my o day has been wrong for last few month lol. I was planning on starting my agnus castus again wen witch arrives but decided against it as that tends to bring o forward and I don't want that this month as il be movin in with oh in about 2week so dnt wanna miss out because of that :kiss:

Edit: also bear in mind they say u can ov anything from 2-3 days after a positive it's not always the 12-24hours.

Very true but my first high was cd 8, peak was cd 12 and +opk was cd17! no signs whatsoever of ov' until about cd14/15!

You can have surges of lh as your body gears up to ov I believe and so maybe these tests are really sensitive and picking up the surges. X

It's very interesting I think research and testing is needed here. Here comes ginepig (sorry dunno how it's spelt) no1 lol il buy some cheap opks and test every morning for long enough to see what happens.

I just ordered some cheap opks so wen they arrive il be able to try although il try one in the morn with my dearer ic ones just to see lol so look out for my pic tomorrow to see if it Is indeed positive but I'd imagine everyone handles the hormones diff so may work for some and not others?

Hehe you can be our guinea pig smurf! Good luck, will be an interesting experiment!

I'm cd8 today so going to start testing with ics tomorrow. I usually ov around cd19 but its been late and early recently so I don't want to waste all the clearblue opks if its going to be early!

Is anyone actually using that giant wee catching contraption clearblue sent us?! I haven't even got room for it in my bathroom it's so big. I'm using a plastic cup!

Also bear in mind smurf that hcg can show up on an opk so if your Preggo you might get a pos opk. I do when I'm pregnant xx

Hehe you can be our guinea pig smurf! Good luck, will be an interesting experiment!

I'm cd8 today so going to start testing with ics tomorrow. I usually ov around cd19 but its been late and early recently so I don't want to waste all the clearblue opks if its going to be early!

Is anyone actually using that giant wee catching contraption clearblue sent us?! I haven't even got room for it in my bathroom it's so big. I'm using a plastic cup!

Nope it's far too big lol I bought some little tubs from b n m hehe

Also bear in mind smurf that hcg can show up on an opk so if your Preggo you might get a pos opk. I do when I'm pregnant xx

How long does it take for opk to show positive with pregnancy?

the enourmous contraption is huge, so no, Im not using it either lol

interesting about the OPKs Mrs W, I did have some internet cheapies and did a few random tests and did get some quite dark lines with FMU - now I understand why ! - thank you x

yay good luck No5 - sounds like youll be joing us soon!

where is everyone documenting the results of the digis on fertility friend (if you are using it) are you marking it under OPKs or under monitor??

I think under monitor since its pretty much the same. I was just trying to figure how these tests work. The first response version has u test from CD5 and then stores your own personal lh levels so then wen u get a rise of lh it would say ur ovulating but the first response doesn't say to use fmu like clear blue does :shrug:

Oh I was wrong, just read first response faqs

Q: What time of day should I use the test?
A: You may test any time of day, although it is recommended that you use first-morning urine. It is also important that you test at approximately the same time each day. You should not have urinated for at least 2 hours before testing. You should reduce your liquid intake approximately 2 hours prior to testing.

I entered my peaks under monitor until i realised there was no way i was going to ovulate on cd 13 and then just removed them and added +opk when i got that instead to change ov' date.

i have a few cbfm sticks left - enough for one more cycle, so maybe ill do both that and the digis this cycle to compare (although I have to say I did miss my peak altogether on the cbfm the month i got preggers with my daughter, so none of these are infallable)

Hi! :wave:

Can I join?

I just got my kit today- the box was so much bigger than I was expecting! I'm glad to know I'm not the only not planning to use that giant urine catcher!

I'm currently waiting for my period to start to start using it. It could be a bit awkward as I'm going away next week for a week and staying in uni halls, but I do have a fridge in my room! But- I'm going to have to use a communal toilet to collect the wee! I haven't told OH yet about the wee in the fridge. I think space will be the biggest issue!

I'm not sure when AF is due to arrive- I have PCOS and irregular cycles. I'm waiting until 4pm today when I can hopefully phone up to find out the results of my Day 21 test to see if I ovulated or not this cycle.

Hi! :wave:

Can I join?

I just got my kit today- the box was so much bigger than I was expecting! I'm glad to know I'm not the only not planning to use that giant urine catcher!

I'm currently waiting for my period to start to start using it. It could be a bit awkward as I'm going away next week for a week and staying in uni halls, but I do have a fridge in my room! But- I'm going to have to use a communal toilet to collect the wee! I haven't told OH yet about the wee in the fridge. I think space will be the biggest issue!

I'm not sure when AF is due to arrive- I have PCOS and irregular cycles. I'm waiting until 4pm today when I can hopefully phone up to find out the results of my Day 21 test to see if I ovulated or not this cycle.

Welcome to the mad house! Good luck for your test results later

Welcome fezzle! I've added you to the front page!

Smurf - with my mmc pregnancy I got a pos opk at 12 dpo and I reckon I'd have got a bfp that day if I'd tested but I waited till 14 dpo!

Thanks!

I called for my results but for some reason the lab didn't do the Day 21 test, so I have to do it again :growlmad: They did the rest (all the viral ones) and they came back good at least!

Welcome fezzle! I've added you to the front page!

Smurf - with my mmc pregnancy I got a pos opk at 12 dpo and I reckon I'd have got a bfp that day if I'd tested but I waited till 14 dpo!

Oh nice il be 12dpo tomorrow hehe il just be glad wen Sundays here haha and the good thing is the witch always makes her appearance by afternoon so I wouldn't have an all day wait to see if she's comin hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->