The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

That makes me uncomfortable if your DR thinks that is your non ovulating progesterone level. Mine is .4 which is way lower than 8. Lol

Hey girlies. I'm doing my best to read through the whole thread but forgive me for skipping some! :blush:

Well as you can see by my ticker this is a never-ending cycle. :dohh: Once it's confirmed that I didn't ovulate (got bloodwork last week), I'll be getting a prescription for Provera. Then I'll be getting an hsg to make sure my tubes are open before getting prescribed Clomid. My question is for any of you ladies who've gotten an hsg. I think my dr said it needs to be done within 10 days of starting your period. Does anyone know if it can be done during your period? I want to get it done ASAP once AF comes, so that I don't miss my chance for Clomid that cycle. Any info would be appreciated! :hugs:

Hey girlies. I'm doing my best to read through the whole thread but forgive me for skipping some! :blush:

Well as you can see by my ticker this is a never-ending cycle. :dohh: Once it's confirmed that I didn't ovulate (got bloodwork last week), I'll be getting a prescription for Provera. Then I'll be getting an hsg to make sure my tubes are open before getting prescribed Clomid. My question is for any of you ladies who've gotten an hsg. I think my dr said it needs to be done within 10 days of starting your period. Does anyone know if it can be done during your period? I want to get it done ASAP once AF comes, so that I don't miss my chance for Clomid that cycle. Any info would be appreciated! :hugs:

Hello Lisa!
I hot mine done CD9. I think you do have to wait until after AF and do it days CD9 - CD11 (or so) so that the results are accurate after the uterus has cleared. I also have long cycles so the wait seemed longer but it's worth it 'cause you then find out if there is something else you need to worry about.
good luck! :hugs:

Thanks for the info. That stinks, I was hoping to start Clomid ASAP. :( Oh well.

I see you're also from MA!!

That makes me uncomfortable if your DR thinks that is your non ovulating progesterone level. Mine is .4 which is way lower than 8. Lol

where do you live? I know somebody else (another thread) had different numbers because in different countries they use different units?
what did your doctor say about your numbers? My doctor kind of had a feeling even before my blood tests because my cycles are all over the place (31 to 36 days) and sometimes very long (up to 47 days), so she knew something was up. After the blood tests and with the first temperature chart (last cycle) she gave me clomid so I can ovulate and do so in a more consistent and more predictable way.

I live in Missouri.. no they didnt say anything about units. Just that my progesterone showed no ovulation at .4 so I dont know.. My last cycle (and first off birth control) was 115+ days and my body tried multiple times to ovulate but didnt. So my dr prescribed me provera to get af and then clomid to ovulate. He said that he is seeing it more as he is trying to get my cycles started. But he will do the necessary mgs and what not to achieve what I need. But given my age and the fact that I am healthy he doesnt see a reason why the clomid wont work. I dont have PCOS and while my grandmother did have endo (and got a hysterectomy at 25 :cry:) he doesnt think I have that either. My stupid ovaries are just being uncooperative. It is really irritating but I hope they accept the 50mg of clomid.

I wonder what my progesterone level will be on the 17th. I didnt realize it helped with lpd either until the other day.. so hopefully it will be high enough.

Lol sorry.. I just went off on a thought bubble and kept talking. :blush: Sorry for the lengthy paragraph. lol

yes, moving to Quincy this weekend, right now we are in Methuen. How about you?

no need to apologize TryinFor1 we all get carried away here :hugs:
I am sure the clomid will help you ovulate. I didn't realize you just got off the pill... maybe that's why you show such low number? My doctor said my number is not too bad but she would like to see it higher, so maybe this month with the first round would do he trick. Just hang in there and keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and everything should be fine (right?). That's what I keep telling myself :winkwink:

:dust: your way!!

Hello Ladies! nice to meet you all:wave: mind if I join you?

this is my first cycle taking Clomid 50 mg. Today I took pill #3... no side effects.. is that weird? maybe I need a higher dose?

good luck to everybody!!!

Hello! :hi:

Welcome to b&b! I took my 1st cycle of Clomid last month at 50mg and conceived!:happydance: No side affects for me either so don't worry. I had very mild and I mean very mild twinges lower right of my abdomen but I definately ovulated! Taking a higher dose than you need can actually have a nagative affect.

Good luck x

Congrats to you! This is my first Clomid cycle as well. Mind if I ask some questions? Like, what days did you DTD and when did you get a positive OPK?

Hello Ladies! nice to meet you all:wave: mind if I join you?

this is my first cycle taking Clomid 50 mg. Today I took pill #3... no side effects.. is that weird? maybe I need a higher dose?

good luck to everybody!!!

Hello! :hi:

Welcome to b&b! I took my 1st cycle of Clomid last month at 50mg and conceived!:happydance: No side affects for me either so don't worry. I had very mild and I mean very mild twinges lower right of my abdomen but I definately ovulated! Taking a higher dose than you need can actually have a nagative affect.

Good luck x

Congrats to you! This is my first Clomid cycle as well. Mind if I ask some questions? Like, what days did you DTD and when did you get a positive OPK?

Hey Greer I was told to DTD on CD10 and every other day until CD20... i started OPKs on CD 11 :) i dunno if that helps you any.
I am now cd14 and no Pos OPK yet... i know its normal to get one anytime between cd14-cd20 :) i hope its soon!

Thanks for the info. That stinks, I was hoping to start Clomid ASAP. :( Oh well.

I see you're also from MA!!

Could you not start clomid at the start of your next cycle AND get the hsg done? I can see where your Dr is coming from with not wanting you to get preggers if there's a blockage, but you find out your hsg results instantly.....if there was a blockage (which I hope there's not) you can just not have unprotected sex, so no chance of getting preg, and at least monitor your cycle so you know if that dose of clomid is working. And if there ISN'T a blockage....well you can get busy and you won't. have 'wasted' a cycle!

Hope that makes sense! It might be worth discussing with your Dr anyway. Ooh..also, you are supposed to be more fertile in the months following an hsg....so good luck!

Hey girls just thought I'd update you with my clomid stats incase someone finds it useful.

usual period length = 50+ days
usual ovulation length = cd40+

first round of clomid though

period length = 37 days
ovulation day = cd22

good luck to the other clomid women

Hi ladies :flower: hope you dont mind me bumping in ! just wanted to share some hope with you all! keep your heads held high and it will happen soon !!

I suffered from a horrible sudden onset of stomach period like cramping last night that was accompanied by a lot of lower back pain . it was that painful that i was in tears for most of the night . hubby called NHS direct who adviced that i go straight to the hospital to get it looked at.

I went straight there and had various tests and what not , they thought it was ectopic and that i would evidcently loose the baby . im only 8.5 weeks and hadnt had any scans or blood test to date . so they ran a pg test in urine to confirm it was positive nad gave me some strong painkillers to see me through the night untill i could have a scan this morning .

When they took me to the early pregnancy unit for an early scan this morning , the lady on reception said that the blood test HCG had come back EXTREMLY high , and that the expected it to be twins !! I was overjoyed ! and then even more so when the sonographer did the scan and found that we was expecting triplets !

All 3 babys are in there own sacks and all at a fantastic size and each one is exactly where they should be ! heartbeats were also brilliant .

baby one's heart beat is 171bpm
baby two heart beat is 163bpm
baby three heart beat is 165bpm !!!

The pain turns out to be cycsts on my ovarys , one of which had ruptured and i had some free flowing fluid in my pelvic area. tablets are helping which is great !!

xx

Omgosh summerlily I'm so excited for you! Triplets you are truly blessed :) I bet your oh nearly passed out hehe! I wish you all the best x

SummerLily - OMG! That is amazing, TRIPLETS! lol that's you all done eh? haha xxxxxxxxx

that is definatly me all done ! no more for me after these 3 !! :happydance: was a shock, but its still nice to get it all done in one go ey!

thanks girls ! your congratulations are greatly appreciated !!

it was my third round on 50mg!!! xx

aww Triplets! congrats!!!! i am a twin! it is something that is truly special! So happy for you!

OMG SummerLily! what a nice surprise!!! and such a relief from the ectopic they were thinking. Very encouraging story :hugs:
I see it was on your 3rd year anniversary, 3rd round of clomid, cycle 33? wow!!! :dance:

that is definatly me all done ! no more for me after these 3 !! :happydance: was a shock, but its still nice to get it all done in one go ey!

thanks girls ! your congratulations are greatly appreciated !!

it was my third round on 50mg!!! xx

My HCG levels came back at 140 which they said was low but there going off my LMP when infact I ovulated around CD21! So I am really only 4 weeks pregnant and 140 I think is within this range. Anyway, going for another blood test on Saturday and get the results on Sunday to see if they've doubled. Cross your fingers and toes for me ladies, sorry I'm not jumping about doing cartwheels just yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->