The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

well ladies--off to my doctor appt. wish me luck! i'm hoping i can get some answers as to why i am gaining weight, despite exercising every day. i also want to know where my AF went??? and if i do in fact have PCOS that is causing all these symptoms (hot flashes, weight gain--only in the female area--light AF's or no AF's, hungry all the time, hair growth:wacko: and having to go pee all the time). i'm also going to ask for Metformin, a stronger dose of Provera and some more Clomid. and..........i'm wearing my stretchies (since i haven't been able to fit into my jeans in 3 months), and a tight t--shirt, which makes me look like I actually have some kind of bump, sis even asked if i was BFP, and i told her no. u think they will notice? or dismiss me like some crazy lady :haha:

I have PCOS and those sounds like my symptoms spot on

well ladies--off to my doctor appt. wish me luck! i'm hoping i can get some answers as to why i am gaining weight, despite exercising every day. i also want to know where my AF went??? and if i do in fact have PCOS that is causing all these symptoms (hot flashes, weight gain--only in the female area--light AF's or no AF's, hungry all the time, hair growth:wacko: and having to go pee all the time). i'm also going to ask for Metformin, a stronger dose of Provera and some more Clomid. and..........i'm wearing my stretchies (since i haven't been able to fit into my jeans in 3 months), and a tight t--shirt, which makes me look like I actually have some kind of bump, sis even asked if i was BFP, and i told her no. u think they will notice? or dismiss me like some crazy lady :haha:

Sounds like pregnancy but if your sure not, tell them you want a scan to see what's going on in there.
Thyroid issue?

I have PCOS and those sounds like my symptoms spot on

I was told I have PCOS, but when i saw my RE he made it seem like I only have PCO..I don't have the syndrome, just the ovaries with one million microscopial cysts. I did doubt why I was told I had the syndrome because I have none of the symptoms that most women with PCOS have, my flow is on check, if anything, sometimes I'll get mid cycle bleeding, no weight gain, hair growth or anything like that. They have me running some tests now, and I shall see how that all comes back before he recommends anything further. I'm on CD7 with a slightly positive OPK..I tend to ovulate earlier than usual!

Baby dust to all you ladies!

well so much for my doctor appt: i guess even though i asked when i booked the appt, if this was a female clinic, it was, but once again, my next to nothing insurance will only cover so much, so no ultrasound, no HPT test, no blood test, only questions, and BP, Pulse and now i am scheduled for a blood draw in the am, not for HPT, but for thyroid, and iron levels. then, after that, he will go the PCOS route and check that also. he thinks i might be diabetic, or have thyroid problems, that is what might be causing my weight gain, and no AF's. i guess:wacko: anyways...............will keep you guys informed. btw..........i gained 2 pounds this week! yuck!

ok here's my latest "fat" picture. this is the way i looked when i went to my appt today. i felt very PG, but no tests have been done. what do you ladies think? btw.............my legs look way better now, cause of all the walking, so i am least doing something right. :wacko:

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 24
PCOS causes many issues, for me I haven't battled with too many symptoms because my only problem is polycystic ovaries, as opposed to the syndrome which causes much much more problems, the missed period, weight gain, is a typical symptom of women with PCOS. I suggest you find a different doctor, or if you have no insurance, look into your town's/city's clinics which are sometimes free of charge.

So I got my HCG levels back today. They went from 7884 on thursday to over 21000 yesterday. They say this is a good sign? I dont know much about this lol i do know I have a kidney stone, and i am not having a good time at all.

Wow nice high levels, you are supposed to at least double every 48 hours. So pretty good! How many dpo are you?

My LMP was 12-13-11 but I am two weeks behind what my lmp says (went in and they said i was six weeks two weeks ago but i am only four) I ovulated on January 1, so i am 30 days past ovulation. its a mixed up cycle lol will post a pic of the little bean from my first ultrasound which was 1/23.

here is the ultrasound pic from 1/23 my levels were only 2782 at this point, went up to 7884 and now over 21000.

Attachments

• ultrasound1picture.jpg
    ultrasound1picture.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 7
Ok, heres an update. My blood test came back negative. I spoke to my doctor who said that with the pcos it is very likely that it's just messing up my results (sometimes with pcos hcg is hard to detect) and that she wants to test me again in a week and a half and also give me an ultra sound, to make sure. I'm happy with this plan,.as I would rather wait before I take anything to be on the safe side. So baby is still a maybe

thats disappointing little Sara - are you in UK? We get the scans etc over here on the health service....

Any ideas on when I should start bd'ing as per my previous post?

thanks everyone
xx

Littlesara- I thought thyroid might be the cause, but I don't think I've seen it make anyone look that pregnant before. It's all in you mid section and boobs! So they won't check for pregnancy or scans huh? That seems crazy. Although I live in Canada the land of partial free healthcare. Keep us posted on what happens. Could you not pay for a blood pregnancy test, or is it too costly?

Helena- that is nerve wracking! I'm sorry it wasn't what you were looking for. I really hope he is right, I have heard of some ppl don't test positive until later in their pregnancy. :hugs: we will wait with you :)

thanks everyone for your replies. yeah my "fat" pic is something else, ha ha!! i've gained approx 12-15 pounds in the last 4 months. i'm convinced, i'm PG but , all the tests say BFN. i didn't know that PCOS might mess up the tests??? that's interesting! anyways, yeah, i'm going for my appt today to check on some better medical insurance. i just had my blood draws for thryoid etc. blood tests here for PG are around 50$ seems like a small price to pay for some peace of mind, but as crazy as it sounds, we are flat broke at the moment. maybe by this weekend, i will check into it.. have a great day everyone!

Hello ladies!
well, I am confused... according to my chart I OV on Sunday, but I never got a peak in my monitor (CBFM). So I think it's gone? :shrug:
Oh man, don't tell me OV passed me by and I didn't notice it :dohh: we BD on Friday, Sunday and last night, thinking that every other day would do until I get a "peak" in my monitor.... now what? :cry:

Wanabamom I think if you bd sunday you should be ok. I am so confused with my body too. Not sure if I am going to o again this month. Fxd we get our bfp this month.

Hello ladies!
well, I am confused... according to my chart I OV on Sunday, but I never got a peak in my monitor (CBFM). So I think it's gone? :shrug:
Oh man, don't tell me OV passed me by and I didn't notice it :dohh: we BD on Friday, Sunday and last night, thinking that every other day would do until I get a "peak" in my monitor.... now what? :cry:

Yeah if you O'd Sunday you're fine. Those little guys will have been ready for that eggy!!

Wannabemom - every month is different, at least with me. So just keep doing O tests or use the fertility monitor. God knows how many times I may have missed my O window, I don't do the test sticks every month. This month I did, and I'm on CD8..and I got a positive. So ovulation should be in the next 36 hours for me. It's very unusual for me to be a positive this early in my cycle..but who knows!

Let me know what you guys think of the 2nd stick..that was today, CD
8 - the first stick was yesterday's..I'm just keeping track of it to fill in my RE tomorrow morning!

ovulation.jpg

Feeling so disappointed today - I just knew I'd ovulate in a timely manner on Clomid and here we are at CD13 and not much to show for it.

Ultrasound on CD11 showed lots of follicles, but the biggest was only 10mm.

How long do you take OPKs before you decide Clomid didn't work for you? Everyone talks about if you don't ovulate on one dose you can up for the next cycle, but how long do I wait before I decide I just didn't ovulate on this dosage?

My doctor hasn't been entirely helpful since the scan. She seemed wholly unconcerned with the overwhelming amount of mostly small follicles.

Help? :nope:

Feeling so disappointed today - I just knew I'd ovulate in a timely manner on Clomid and here we are at CD13 and not much to show for it.

Ultrasound on CD11 showed lots of follicles, but the biggest was only 10mm.

How long do you take OPKs before you decide Clomid didn't work for you? Everyone talks about if you don't ovulate on one dose you can up for the next cycle, but how long do I wait before I decide I just didn't ovulate on this dosage?

My doctor hasn't been entirely helpful since the scan. She seemed wholly unconcerned with the overwhelming amount of mostly small follicles.

Help? :nope:

In my case I wouldn't get an lh surge till CD 14 and O 15 whether on clomid or not. Keep on it, some ppl are late O'ers and it's better to know that to see if you have a short LP. Small eggs at cycle day 11 is cause they haven't had long enough to grow yet, that's why your body didn't O them. Do you get any more scans?

In my case I wouldn't get an lh surge till CD 14 and O 15 whether on clomid or not. Keep on it, some ppl are late O'ers and it's better to know that to see if you have a short LP. Small eggs at cycle day 11 is cause they haven't had long enough to grow yet, that's why your body didn't O them. Do you get any more scans?

No, when I called today they just said to continue with the plan as normal. I really wanted them to scan again. =/ They seem completely unconcerned and I'm freaking out.

I was ovulating on my own, but sometimes as late as CD48 - I just wondered how long I should wait before I consider it a failure? I don't want to wait until CD48, you know? I just don't know at what point it's considered a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->