The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi babybumbahead! This is also my first month taking clomid. I just started last night. 50 mg CD 3-7 please forgive me cause this may be a dumb question but why are some ladies taking Robitussin or Mucinex?

I've heard that clomid helps regulate O cycle so maybe that's why you're O a lot sooner then you normally would. Good luck to you & hopefully you BD in time to get a :bfp: :)

Hi babybumbahead! This is also my first month taking clomid. I just started last night. 50 mg CD 3-7 please forgive me cause this may be a dumb question but why are some ladies taking Robitussin or Mucinex?

I've heard that clomid helps regulate O cycle so maybe that's why you're O a lot sooner then you normally would. Good luck to you & hopefully you BD in time to get a :bfp: :)

The main ingredient in those medications (Guaifenesin) is a product that thins out mucus. The idea is that it will thin out cervical mucus making it more hospitable to the sperm. Some people swear by it, others see no effect - academic research has been inconclusive...but hey - it can't hurt I guess? :)

[
I am 95% sure I ovulated yesterday...CD9...after taking Clomid 50mg CD2-CD6. I am shocked...my last 3 ovulations have been CD30, CD48 and CD33 (all w/o meds - I have wonky cycles). So, I guess it's possible - I have a friend who O'd on CD 5 while still taking it. Are you temp-tracking?

I do not temp track, I just use opks, I did one yesterday, just to be sure. It was so neg that a line didn't even show at all! I will probably start testing cd 9, cause last month I got a pos on cd10. And that was before clomid!

I had a miscarriage last year. :cry: ever since my od and miscarriage i dont ovulate i bleed but its like pink and not even a flow. only when i wipe theirs blood. my fiance wants to try again. im young im almost 21 and hes 24 we been together 4 years and engaged. i was taking vitex to help me ovulate however didnt work for me. so im going to take clomid. but my questions is i havent gotten my clomid yet. and my bleeding is stopping. since im not ovulating can i take clomid after the bleed. like can i take 100mg for 5 days and start days 3-7 even tho im not bleeding. like when i take 2 pills of 50mg i will just count that day 3. clomid is supposed make u ovulate and since i dont cant i just take it like that.??
Quesiton number 2 is.. my mom has a set of twins and my tia just had her 2nd set. twins run in my moms family. if clomid does work for me and helps me ovulate are my chances of multiples high??.. and how effective is clomid Sorry this is lonq. would appreciate all the answers i can get .
im so sad cause everyone pregnant and non of my family memebers had to use fertility drugs to conceive.

Additional Details...

i told my dr i dont want to take provera or anything due to the fact it prolly wont work and i heard alot of things like it didnt work. he told me since im not ovulating and no follicles are being i guess "Ready" that i can take clomid after im done bleeding. i can start when ever i wanted. to just write down when i take it.. he said for example if i stop bleeding today and decide to take it 5days later to just count that as day 3 and take it for 5 days 100mg and take a opk. and wait to see if it worked or if i get my af. and if i didnt conceive that cycle i should have ovulated and get a flow and just start from there again when i actually do flow

Soooooooo I am 9dpo and decided to whip out my FRER this morning... This is a very very faint second line!! It came up within 3 minutes and it is definetely pink!! yayay!!! I don't want to get overly excited but I've never had anything like this before on a frer! fingers crossed!!!

Congrats! Can you post a pic?

I had a miscarriage last year. :cry: ever since my od and miscarriage i dont ovulate i bleed but its like pink and not even a flow. only when i wipe theirs blood. my fiance wants to try again. im young im almost 21 and hes 24 we been together 4 years and engaged. i was taking vitex to help me ovulate however didnt work for me. so im going to take clomid. but my questions is i havent gotten my clomid yet. and my bleeding is stopping. since im not ovulating can i take clomid after the bleed. like can i take 100mg for 5 days and start days 3-7 even tho im not bleeding. like when i take 2 pills of 50mg i will just count that day 3. clomid is supposed make u ovulate and since i dont cant i just take it like that.??
Quesiton number 2 is.. my mom has a set of twins and my tia just had her 2nd set. twins run in my moms family. if clomid does work for me and helps me ovulate are my chances of multiples high??.. and how effective is clomid Sorry this is lonq. would appreciate all the answers i can get .
im so sad cause everyone pregnant and non of my family memebers had to use fertility drugs to conceive.

Additional Details...

i told my dr i dont want to take provera or anything due to the fact it prolly wont work and i heard alot of things like it didnt work. he told me since im not ovulating and no follicles are being i guess "Ready" that i can take clomid after im done bleeding. i can start when ever i wanted. to just write down when i take it.. he said for example if i stop bleeding today and decide to take it 5days later to just count that as day 3 and take it for 5 days 100mg and take a opk. and wait to see if it worked or if i get my af. and if i didnt conceive that cycle i should have ovulated and get a flow and just start from there again when i actually do flow

I just wanted to say that I was have very irregular short cycles(13day) my doctor put me on provera and Clomid. It took 4 cycles and 150mg of Clomid but I am finally oing and having periods with out the Provera. Provera totally worked for me. Why don't you think it will work for you?
I am not really sure if just starting the clomid with out having a regular cycle will work, I was told you had to have a regular period.
I would try to trust what your doctor says if he says it will work. Might as well give it a try. Good luck!

The main ingredient in those medications (Guaifenesin) is a product that thins out mucus. The idea is that it will thin out cervical mucus making it more hospitable to the sperm. Some people swear by it, others see no effect - academic research has been inconclusive...but hey - it can't hurt I guess? :)

Just to add to this, clomid has a nasty reputation for making CM more thick and hostile for :spermy:. Another thing clomid can do is thin your uterine lining but not until you've used it for a couple of months.

Hi Ladies!
I'm new to the forum, me 23 and husband 28 have been TTC for a little over a year now with no success due to my soooo irregular periods, GYN Rx Clomid and Provera to help with the periods.
I'm currently waiting on AF to start my second round on Clomid 50mg, I was wondering if there's anyone starting a cycle this month??:winkwink:

congrats to all the BFP!! very encouraging for all of us.
I have been MIA for a while, I'm on my 3rd clomid cycle and waiting to ovulate soon. Feeling good about this cycle. Prayers needed here!!

Soooooooo I am 9dpo and decided to whip out my FRER this morning... This is a very very faint second line!! It came up within 3 minutes and it is definetely pink!! yayay!!! I don't want to get overly excited but I've never had anything like this before on a frer! fingers crossed!!!

Thanks!! Unfortunately my phone isn't picking up the line :( but I retested this am with fmu is line is getting darker!! definite progression!! :happydance: DH is so excited! if he didn't have ears his smile would go all around :winkwink: I think I am going to wait a few more days and then get a blood test

Thanks!! Unfortunately my phone isn't picking up the line :( but I retested this am with fmu is line is getting darker!! definite progression!! :happydance: DH is so excited! if he didn't have ears his smile would go all around :winkwink: I think I am going to wait a few more days and then get a blood test

Congrats!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

Hi Ladies!
I'm new to the forum, me 23 and husband 28 have been TTC for a little over a year now with no success due to my soooo irregular periods, GYN Rx Clomid and Provera to help with the periods.
I'm currently waiting on AF to start my second round on Clomid 50mg, I was wondering if there's anyone starting a cycle this month??:winkwink:

Welcome Almita! :flower: I just finished my first round sunday am!

Hiya,

I've posted on another thread too but thought i'd join in here and try and find some buddies.

I'm married, 35 and have been trying naturally for around two years. Have just finished my first round of Clomid, 50mg CD 2-5. Have my scan this Friday to see if anything is happening. Have had hot flushes, nausea and heartburn so far. Normally we BD every other day when i'm not on AF but not sure what to do this month, do I wait until the scan? Have just finished AF for this month.

Anyone got any useful tips when using Clomid? Really hoping it works, getting nervous that maybe we are not destined for babies...:-(

xx

I have been MIA for a while, I'm on my 3rd clomid cycle and waiting to ovulate soon. Feeling good about this cycle. Prayers needed here!!

I've missed you!!!!! I'm glad your back!! I'll be praying my little heart out:thumbup:

I've missed you!!!!! I'm glad your back!! I'll be praying my little heart out:thumbup:

hey girl! I've missed you too. I was thinking about you while I was gone. I am also praying for you girl!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Blood test done this morning, the results are in. Beta of 159 at 15dpo! I'm thrilled :)

I'm spreading my baby dust to all of you! :dust:

Blood test done this morning, the results are in. Beta of 159 at 15dpo! I'm thrilled :)

I'm spreading my baby dust to all of you! :dust:

Wow, big congrats!:happydance::yipee:
And thanks for the :dust: I will take all I can get!:laugh2:

I should ovulate today, the opk was very close to positive this morning, but I haven't had any ovulation cramps. It seems like everyone that takes clomid gets painful ovulation. I haven't felt anything, does that mean its not working?? I am not being monitored so I don't have any ultrasounds or anything to check my eggs. My question is, do any of you have a lack of ovulation pains that KNOW (proven with monitoring) that you ovulated? I was kind of looking forward to the pain so I would know that it worked :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->