The Collective: First Trimester and Beyond!

Ah... Well I guess since we're in this for the long haul I should reveal my most secret name... Jessica AKA Jessie. The name Dragon_Chaser is an inside joke. DH and I are both Dragons by the Chinese Zodiac, and Chaser well it's a play on our last name kinda :p

O dragon im soooo glad. Its funny how all of us will never meet but u really become part of each others lives. I was worried when took u a while to say lol xx

O dragon im soooo glad. Its funny how all of us will never meet but u really become part of each others lives. I was worried when took u a while to say lol xx

Didn't mean to make you worry. The Ultrasound was 3:15PM my my time (I'm in the US), and then I went out for some food with my Mom and showed off the pictures I got. My little brother was amazed by them lol. He's the youngest of seven and only 12. I lost track of time to be honest.

Lmao dnt b silly dont apologise! we dont live on here was just cos ur history and wev been on same tbread since before the bfps lol x

Lol love it! I believe I'm the Goat in the Chinese zodiac.
I'm Misty, as you probably can tell from my tickers I have all princesses so I'd love a prince lol :)

I also come from a family of seven and my youngest brother is 16

TY Melsue. I can't wait to start seeing more pictures of our Collective Beans!!!!

Doctor called to tell me baby looked great on the ultrasound, but what the tech though was a Ovarian cyst that was already done and over with was actually a small one that should take care of itself. LOL, then my next appointment was moved by 2 days so I saw a Doctor not anyone else in the practice. Fun times.

This was done for fun, and to take my mind off of feeling so ill. If anyone else happens to do it then yay! I'll post a copy of this to my pregnancy journal.

#1. Gender Myth- History of Parents: You can find out the sex by going off of your parents kids and the order. If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child. If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child. If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order. - Going off that I am the first born, and my mother's second born was a Girl.

#2. Gender Myth- Time of Conception: The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be. That might have been me... Or is might have been the DH.... Going Tie

#3. Gender Myth- Legs: If your legs get really big, you're having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it's a girl. I think It's too early to tell. So Tie.

#4. Gender Myth- Moodieness and a Little Pecker: If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there's a little penis inside you. This one amused me so much. I don't know how true this is, but I have been Moody so Girl.

#5 Gender Myth- Bread: If you eat the ends of bread, it's a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, it's a girl. I hate the ends of the loaf so I'm giving the point to Girl.

#6 Gender Myth- Chinese Gender Chart: The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. You can tell from my Sig that this was another point to a Girl.

#7 Gender Myth- Mom's Beauty: Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl steals the mother's beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy. I think I'll reserve judgement on this untill I'm further along so Tie

#8. Gender Myth- Heart Rate: If the baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. Well Baby Poof's Heart Rate was 153 bpm so I'm going with Girl.

#9. Gender Myth- Dream of Sex of Baby: If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. I haven't had a definate dream of the sex yet. Just of the baby being born lol. So for the moment Tie.

#10 Gender Myth- Clumsy Vs. Graceful: If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she's having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she's having a boy. I'm usually the most clumsy person you will ever meet. I haven't had as many accidents since the little bean settled in. So Maybe a Girl?

#11 Gender Myth- Toddlers: If a toddler boy expresses interest in a pregnant woman, she is having a girl. If he doesn't show interest, she's having a boy. I got a hug from the most antisocial male toddler I know the day I got my BFP. I think both of my nephews are too old to be considered toddlers but they have become protectors... So Girl?

#12 Gender Myth- Side You Most Rest On: If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she's having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she's having a girl. I flip flop so for now Tie.

#13 Gender Myth- Hands: When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it's a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up. Obviously I already know of this one so I can't do it... Maybe try in on a pregnant friend.

#14 Gender Myth- Dad's Weight: If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it's a girl. If he doesn't gain weight, you're having a boy. It's too early to tell if my DH is gaining weight. So for now Tie.

#15 Gender Myth- Breast Test: If a pregnant woman's left breast is larger than the right breast, she's having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it's a boy. My BB's are too large to tell lol.

#16 Gender Myth- Necklace over Hand: Have someone hold a necklace over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, it's a boy. If it moves in a circle, it's a girl. I haven't heard of holding it over your hand... I'll get my DH to do this later and report in.

#17 Gender Myth- What Do You Think: 71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having. I know I want a girl... I think it's a girl too, but it's too early to tell. I'll go ahead and give the point to Girl.

#18 Gender Myth- Morning Sickness: If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it's a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. So Far this points to Girl.

#19 Gender Myth- Areolae: If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it's a boy. Mine have darkened.... so Point to Boy.

#20 Gender Myth- Protein: When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy. I Like my Cheese a lot... So Point to Boy.

#21 Gender Myth- Feet: Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you're having a little girl. I had cold feet before the pregnancy... So they're the same now... For now I'll declare a Tie.

#22 Gender Myth- Hair On Legs: If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy. My leg hair has been growing quickly so... Point for Boy.

#23 Gender Myth- Hands Are Dry: If your hands are constantly dry, it's a boy. I haven't noticed a change in how dry my hands are except if I'm washing a lot of dishes. So point for Girl.

#24 Gender Myth- Urine: What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. Ahhh Pee... Most of us went through the pee obsession- we needed it for our sticks lol. I haven't noticed a brightening of my pee- except when I took my B complex before I got my prenatals. I'll put a vote on Tie

#25 Gender Myth- Nose: Do you feel like your nose is growing and getting wider? If so, you might be having a boy. Wow. What will they come up with next. My nose isn't growing though so point to Girl.

#26 Gender Myth- Headaches: If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. A point to Boy.

#27 Gender Myth- Baby Names: It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby. The DH and I can only Agree on female names right now- but it's early on. Point to Girl.

#28 Gender Myth- Ring Test: Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it's a boy if it swings in a circle. Now this is the variation that I know. During the test just now i was back and forth pointing to a Girl.

#29 Gender Myth- Mayan Tale: The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! Even for me so point to Girl.

#30 Gender Myth- Baking Soda Gender Test: Take First Morning Urine, add it to 1 Tablespoon of baking soda. If it fizzes alot it's a boy. If it doesn't fizz, or does so a little it's a girl. Mine didn't fizz up at all. I'll try it again later on in the preg. So for now point to Girl.

#31 Gender Myth- Acne: If you have acne while pregnant, it's a girl. It's thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. I've definatly had more Acne issues since I got pregnant this time so point to Girl.

#32 Gender Myth- Cravings: People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. I'm not a big fan of salty, but I do like Spicy and sweets. Juice, Icecream, Fruit, Cookies... Candy.... I'm notmally not a sweet hound lol So point to Girl.

#33 Gender Myth- Skin Under Left Eye: The eye test is when a V or branches appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a V or branches in the white part, you're having a girl. I have what I think is a V in the white of my left eye when i pull down the skin so a point to Girl.

Girl: 18 Tie: 11 Boy: 4

Okay ladies, so beyond keeping an eye on me for my previous m/c's the Doctor's are going to be keeping an eye on me because I am Heterozygous for Factor V Leiden. I knew I had one mutated gene, but I found that out when i was 14-15 years old and it never clicked on how serious it could be. I mean I never dealt with clots, like my mother or brother have.

My Doctor's re-ran my blood to confirm what I told them at my first OB appointment and just called today to say yes you were right, and now we're going to keep an even closer eye on you in case you get clots. Fun Fun times I tell you.

Dragon do you have to do lovenox (heparin) injections or anything?

Dragon do you have to do lovenox (heparin) injections or anything?

Not as of this moment. My Doctor is going to be setting up a treatment plan with me at my next OB appointment on the 17th. This is the first time in any of my pregnancies that the doctor I've seen has even seemed concerned about the Leiden mutation. But this doctor is also much more interactive then my previous ones. The nurse I spoke with on the phone today told me that I would probably have an appointment every 2-3 weeks now so they can monitor me though.

Hi!! Im good.. just came back from my ultrasound this morning.. Saw our lil gummy bear this morning.. 189 bpm.. So cute.. Saw some fingers and toes too!!! Measured at 9 weeks.. Had bleeding in week 7 that they said was a hematoma (blood blister) anyone have one of those? But bleeding stopped so all set there.. Very excited after seeing our lil one today.. Ive been feeling a little less sick so I was starting to worry.. Also still have pain and cramping on my left side and she noticed fluid around my left ovary, has anyone had that before?? Not sure what it means.. Here are some pics... Lil gummy bear was upside down the whole time.. lol

Attachments

• baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
  • baby 3.jpg
    baby 3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Beautiful little gummy bear Melsue! I'm due for a scan in a couple hours can't wait!

Beautiful little gummy bear Melsue! I'm due for a scan in a couple hours can't wait!

Thank you!!

Yay!! We want to hear all about it when you can get back to a computer!

DH is away for work all week, when he gets back we plan on telling our daughter and then close family and friends.. :thumbup:

Aww what a lovely scan picture. Glad everyone's well.

I'm feeling fine, slightly nauseous in the morning but it only lasts a few hours. Appetites not great, bit of stretching in the uterus, well that's what I'm guessing it is.

Other than the few minors as above I'm feeling fresh as a daisy! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->