The Crew

My wedding was about 20 thousand, and we went the cheap route. It was AMAZING though.

Whenever max proposed, we were at the lakehouse (just me and him) and he sent me on a scavenger hunt through the house. There would be a piece of paper with a clue on it (the clues were all inside jokes only we would know!) with chocolate. It all ended down on the dock with him on his knee. :) The only thing I would have changed was the fact that he was smoking while he did it. That was a turn off. We found the chocolates from the hunt the other day in a walmart sack in our closet.

I'm in bed, have been for a couple of hours.
Just not sleepy.
I'll doze off on my desk tomorrow...

aww, that's so sweet Rachael! Well, I've found an amazing deal on a castle for only £6000! That includes everything nearly! The only thing on top you have to pay for is literally just the registrar! Mine will probably be closer to 15k, but I'm aiming for ten! :rofl:

Don't blame you Lucy, it is a lot of money! I just wanted to be married before we get a mortgage, I don't mind renting before that, but because I'm still a student, I don't think my name can go on a lease, where as it would be able to go onto a mortgage if we're married (i think, don't quote me on this!).

You're up til four, I was up til 3 and now it's 6am and I'm awake! God. My sleep pattern is soo out of whack.

We have a castle for nearly 6,000, but that doesn't include anything. At all. We still have to pay for catering- 3 course meal and buffet, flowers, decoration, registrar, drinks, DJ/band, everything. It's a nightmare :(

Oooh this castle includes food, drinks packages, cake stand, evening meal, red carpet arrival, reception drink, DJ, bedrooms, full english breakfast the next day and photographer and flowers for the tables as well as the table linen and chair covers, BARGAIN! :D haha it's beautiful too :)

but it's got to be a winter wedding though :/ I don't mind which month I say 'I do' in though! I even hope there's a little slight dusting of snow, nothing more than that though! I think the pics would be amazing!

We literally only get the venue, so everything else is extra. And we're having like 2 weddings, and 15,000 only covers one of them!

Bloody hell.. >_<

Work was awful.
I kept dozing off.

So I took a half day and will make it up tomorrow.. ;D

We're not even engaged yet, after a long time.
I think i'mma start hinting..

Wow. Weddings in the UK sound intense! Mine was BIG but we didnt splurge crazily on very much..the food we did. But even we were cheap on my dress. Ours was more like a HUGE party and my dress was black by the end of the night anyway.. In fact.. I dont even know where my dress is..

When does class start for you guys? I am sittin in between classes right now in the computer lab.

Lucy, you should definitely start hinting! Dave and I are just the kind of people that are like, if you know, you know. So we were moving really quickly, but we love eachother so don't see the point in waiting!

Rach, I think Summer ends at the beginning of September over here.

I don't need to hint anymore, it's coming soon :) we've waited a little longer, we wanted two years together before we did anything, just to ourselves, and now our two years are up :) so we're getting a move on :D

I always thought weddings in the US were much bigger than here! I'm just spoilt :rofl:
No, my dress is fairly cheap, and my venue is good value so it's all good :)

I start class again in january! I've got to repeat the second half of the year see coz I suffered a depressive episode right through exam time :( god know's what I'll do with myself until then!

I'm completely spoilt too! :rofl: Dave just wants to give me everything. No matter what I want, he'll work extra to get it for me. He's amazing to be honest!
I didn't have to hint at anything either, he started talking about marriage, and wanted to propose for a while, but he wanted it to be perfect, so he waited until our holiday to Egypt. He's so cute :)

wow! That sounds so exotic! I'd love that! But I want my proper english castle wedding, it'll be quite old fashioned I think, but the night I want to be one big party!

that's our second wedding! When we get home. Next year will be veeeery expensive! 2 weddings and a new house, and hopefully a baby!

Bloody hell! You guys have expensive taste.

Is it weird i'd want a really quiet simple wedding?
And i'd rather pay more for the honeymoon?

We get our honeymoon as a wedding present, so it doesn't matter! We're spoilt. We're the babies of his family so they do everything for us :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->