The day has come :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we will still be keeping up the same Santa routine for the others so that won't really change, I'd just like to make him feel special this year.

Yeah we will still be keeping up the same Santa routine for the others so that won't really change, I'd just like to make him feel special this year.

Does he get top go to bed later than his brothers? Maybe you could help him be Santa by laying out the stockings with you or something?

Actually not sure as even though i knew he wasnt real i still liked to pretend he was, maybe actually seeing it is just you doing it wouldnt be as exciting? its hard isnt it.

I have always told mine we buy the presents and they get stocking from santa. I would never insist he was real if they had clocked on personally. I dont think it takes away magic at all tbh x

By real I mean coming to the house etc. We know santa is real but he doesnt cone to every house x

It's so hard to know which way to go.
We buy them a few presents from us, but most are from Santa.

Aw bless you :hugs:. Could you let him stay up late and be Father Christmas with you- put presents under the tree, nibble the mince pie left for Santa and maybe open a special present with you and his dad on Christmas Eve, to mark him being part of the magic, something a bit grown up?

I like that idea Eleanor. He apparently asked on the way to football this morning if his dad would dress as Santa and he could be an elf and he could help fill the stockings, but as it's done in the middle of the night it would be tricky. He wanted his brothers to wake up and see him doing it and to think he was a real elf lol
Everything I could think about helping would mean him knowing what people had and I'm sure he'd slip up and tell them. But maybe he could just help put the presents out. That parts always exciting for me, seeing the piles of wrapped presents all ready to be opened. Maybe I'll get him an elf hat to wear whole doing it and he can drink the milk and eat the mince pie.

:hugs: atleast he had Santa. My dh never even had Father Christmas?!

My sister is 21 , she graduated from uni this year but back at parents now. I ca guarantee you she will leave her stocking out, mince pie and milk. On Christmas Day she will have presents from santa! Apparently according to my mum, Santa visits every year you live with your parents no matter how old you are. Also you must never say he is not real, heck she (mum) still,goes round saying he's real :rofl:

I was gutted when I found out after a friend told me but my sister is 7 yrs younger we carried on, it was fun as she got a bit older i would make her do daft stuff like...let's go empty dishwasher before we check if Santa has been ( we used to lead stockings in sitting room) used to make her so mad was really funny. Then the year I got her to tell parents Santa couldn't have sherry this year as he shouldn't drink and drive and we left mineral water out :haha:

I love it all, my son has special needs and doesn't really get it but ive always done the whole thing from his first Christmas xxx

Haha thats so funny. My brothers are only 13 months younger than me, and i don't remember finding out so i must have been pretty young but my mum tells me i told 1 of them and he cried and my mum made me tell him that i was lying lmao
DH was the youngest and he says he was always the one made to go look downstairs to see if 'he been' then go knock on his parents bedroom door and ask if they could get up lol

I know it's got to be a hard moment when your LO doesn't believe in Santa anymore. He's growing up. I'm not looking forward to that moment with DD, she's seven and believes so fervently in Santa right now that it's hard for me to even imagine! I think involving him in setting out presents, etc. is a good idea to keep the magic alive iykwim.

When I was little I started doubting around 9 or so but still wanted to believe. I don't remember ever having a conversation about Santa with my parents, they always just acted like he was the real thing, even when we were teenagers. Heck, they still get me a present from Santa every year.

Ds1 just hasn't been that excited or enthusiastic. I said he could choose his brothers a present each but he wasn't bothered. So I just saved one of the gifts I was going to give them anyway for him to wrap.
I just took him into my room and showed him one of the boxes of wrapped presents. And then the presents for him to wrap. His eyes lit up and he is finally excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"