The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Completely agree with CC as well, would love to hear how you're getting on JO4NN4 and I also love to hear from Trying2012 and the other ladies who will shortly be joining us, think we all know each other well enough that none of us mind if you gate crash :)

And yes CC I do plan what it will the nursery will be like!! I have a strict rule that I'm not allowed to move anything or buy anything but I have drawn out plans and looked at stuff online, I did the same for the wedding before we got engaged, once I'm pregnant I probably won't buy it but I like to have a browse! Do you plan yours?

So after our one-off unprotected BD the other week, I am now shamelessly symptom spotting (despite telling myself I wouldn't this month because we only DTD once)! I dread to think what I will be like next month when we are actually properly TTC :blush: Please tell me I'm not the only one?!

Yep I love to plan, but yes wont buy. If the bedroom is ready to be decorated before we get our BFP I will buy new furniture but will leave the double bed in there. I want the nursery either blue and white for a boy or Red and white for a girl. So we will get white furniture, paint the walls and woodwork white, then we just need to add a white cot and add either blue or red to make it what we want. We will do this at the last minuet as DH has real problems with having things just in case. He worries so much. A few months ago a friend offered us some baby stuff and he was really torn. It was in great condition as it had hardly been used and she didn't want anything for it, but he didn't want it in the house. He did agree in the end to put it up in the loft, so we do have a secret stash of baby stuff, all ready.

So after our one-off unprotected BD the other week, I am now shamelessly symptom spotting (despite telling myself I wouldn't this month because we only DTD once)! I dread to think what I will be like next month when we are actually properly TTC :blush: Please tell me I'm not the only one?!

:rofl: Welcome to TWW it is perfectly normal you will get use to it very quickly I promise. But hopefully you wont get the chance too :hugs:

:rofl: Welcome to TWW it is perfectly normal you will get use to it very quickly I promise. But hopefully you wont get the chance too :hugs:

Haha, thank you! I'm sure that normally I wouldn't even notice a slight tummy twinge or bloatedness, but suddenly it's all I can think about! Whereas OH is completely oblivious, even offered me a glass of wine yesterday and had to be reminded why it wasn't a good idea! :haha:

As for the nursery planning you girls are talking about, me too! We went to look round the house we are buying again yesterday to measure things up, and it was so exciting looking at the third bedroom and mentally making plans for it :thumbup:

Hello gorgeous girlies! I've missed so much!

Trying2012 - you're ALWAYS welcome here. We love your chats and you'll soon be officially TTC!

CC - I totally get you about the baby stuff. We've been offered and i'm too scared to accept it in case we can't concieve. I think it's totally sensible for you to keep it in the loft. It's a start and it'll save you money for when the time comes!

Banana - I totally feel your frustration. You'd never bat an eyelid at a "twinge" any other time. Now I study my stomach like a map! I gave up symptom spotting last week as I've had so many BFNs I know I'm making it up. Fingers crossed for your banana baby!

J04NN4 - so awesome to hear you and your peach are doing peachy! You must be so excited! Shropshire is lovely. We've been to the Victorian farm, Ludlow, Shrewsbury and walking around craven arms so far. We're hoping to get to Ironbridge too. A lovely part of Britain!

I'm enjoying lots of hot tub relaxation and cuddles :)sex:!!). Still no AF for me, now 1 week late. Last bfn was Friday morning. Feeling nauseated and my nipples hurt like hell but I'm on antibiotics for an infected cut so could be that. I guess I have to sit tight and wait :cry:...

Big hugs and baby dust to all!! :hugs:

Aw thank you for your kind words ladies. My husband is currently trying to take a photograph of our scan picture so I can upload it haha. It was amazing and I was put forward 5 days so I feel like I gained 5 days for free! New due date is Dec 16th rather than 21st so maybe slightly less chance of giving birth on Christmas day? I certainly hope so anyway. And nope, no sorting of the nursery yet, in fact it's still piled up with boxes and I imagine it will be for quite some time yet :haha: The weather has been absolutely gorgeous since we moved so I've had better things to do than unpack! How is your garage clearing going CC? Anyone spotted any good nursery furniture yet? I know you've all been looking! You're definitely not the only ones. As you know our pregnancy was a bit of a surprise and then so far I've spent all of it on holiday, in hospital or moving house so have managed not to get too obsessed yet.

Sooz, I can't believe it! That is exactly where I'm from! Well I grew up in a village in between Ludlow and Craven Arms. Ludlow is where I went to school, college and had my first job! That's SO weird. It is a lovely place, I'm glad I grew up there but there's not much for teenagers and not many job prospects. I prefer going back as a tourist to actually living there I think but of course it will always have a very special place in my heart. Glad to hear you had a lovely time but sorry to hear AF hasn't showed yet! How long were you on the pill? I was on Microgynon for 7 years and when I came off it took 9 weeks to get a period, not sure if/when I was ovulating though. I think 9 weeks is towards the long end of the scale though as the doctors certainly seemed to get a lot less dismissive towards the end!

Wow, I've written an essay! God I've missed this place, my OH is so great but some things I've just wanted to discuss with you lot. Especially as being pregnant was a secret until the weekend and now I've moved here where I don't know anyone! Very glad to be back :flower:

I was on microgynon for approx 8years. I think TTC may be a long haul for us. I was having AF cramps a week or so ago but nothing since. How long had you been off the pill for when you conceived peachy?

Glad your move has gone well, where aboots are you now in the highlands? Hope you like it. I have a lot of family up there so I'm v fond of it up there. Aviemore is my favourite Heilan' toon! If I don't get pregnant by winter at least I can look forward to some snowboarding. I'm hoping I'll be watching it though....

Your home town says 'hello!' - we're in the middle of nowhere near Clunberry. It's so peaceful and it goes pitch black at night. Love it! We went to Harry Tuffins yesterday and that was a bizarre experience - its like shopping in the 80's!

I was on microgynon for approx 8years. I think TTC may be a long haul for us. I was having AF cramps a week or so ago but nothing since. How long had you been off the pill for when you conceived peachy?

Glad your move has gone well, where aboots are you now in the highlands? Hope you like it. I have a lot of family up there so I'm v fond of it up there. Aviemore is my favourite Heilan' toon! If I don't get pregnant by winter at least I can look forward to some snowboarding. I'm hoping I'll be watching it though....

Your home town says 'hello!' - we're in the middle of nowhere near Clunberry. It's so peaceful and it goes pitch black at night. Love it! We went to Harry Tuffins yesterday and that was a bizarre experience - its like shopping in the 80's!

I had to come off it as I started getting migraines so had been off for just over a year. Then I had a coil for 6 months or so which was an absolute disaster, it half came out and the doctor insisted it was fine, it was only when I pushed for an internal ultrasound that the technician said it was fitted wrong and had to be removed otherwise it could perforate my uterus! So as you might imagine I was sworn off contraception for a bit then. That was in Nov and we intended using condoms until TTC in June but conceived after our little accident in March.

We're living in a beautiful little village not far from Gairloch and we absolutely love it! And it seems to be the only dry place in the country at the moment, so much for it always raining in Scotland :haha: We definitely made the right decision moving up here, it's SO beautiful. Here's us on the little beach outside our house on our anniversary: https://www.flickr.com/photos/synchronium/7177798837/in/photostream/lightbox/ (and yes I'm having a glass of champagne, I asked my midwife and she said I could have 2 units twice a week! I haven't had that much - hadn't drank at all until that champagne and wow 2 glasses goes to your head after 3 months sober). That's my hubby's flickr stream, feel free to have a nose but there's thousands on there.

Oh my God Tuffins is the worst place in the world, I absolutely hate it. It's like being in the twilight zone isn't it?! And the coincidences just keep coming, I know Clunbury very well, my mum grew up just down the road and Clunbury was their parish church. My Grandparents were christened, married and buried there; mum and dad were married there and I was christened there! It's a beautiful church if you get chance to go and look at it - a bit of trivia for you - it has the longest aisle of any parish church in the country.

And my OH has finally finished working his magic on our scan photo. It was quite a small pic so it's not amazing quality but you'll get the idea!

Edit: Just realised I was so eager to put it on here to show you all I'd left all my personal info on the top, ooops! Painted it out now :)

Attachments

• Baby!.jpg
    Baby!.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
JO4NN4 Your scan is fantastic I'm so jealous of you right now :hugs:

Awww Jo4nna love your scan pic!! Really pleased you sharing it with us :) gets me all excited! Glad the move has gone well, looks gorgeous!

Aw J04NN4 - so jealous yet so chuffed for you. Looks like a perfect wee peach :flower:

Another :bfn: for me today and no AF in sight. *sigh* :cry:

Mrs S!! Go you!! So chuffed for you!! Did you have any symptoms? You'll be dancing in the streets. Huge congrats and best luck for a healthy, happy 9 months xx

The only symptoms I had were sore/swollen boobs and spots breaking out on my face. But I usually get those when AF is due. Also, I think my nipples are bigger!

Today, however, I have been feeling on/off nausea.

That's so exciting! I'm so jealous and so pleased for you! I saw your journal about fathers day! I couldn't keep my big gob shut for that long! Maybe he'll cry when you tell him - aw!

Ahhhh, so pleased for you! Congratulations, and good luck for the next 9 months :thumbup:

Thank you ladies, we were very pleased with the pic - much clearer than we expected.

And woooooo, huge, huge congratulations Mrs Swaffer! Wow, 10DPO, that's early, you lucky thing. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->