The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

So glad to hear OH is looking after you so well - he sounds amazing :hugs:

Thinking of you mini :hugs:

Hope everyone else is still doing well. Sooz and Honeybee, long time no speak, hope you're alright x

Mini egg - I'm so so sorry for what you're going through. Words can't make things better but you've got great folk with you all the way. Pregnancy can be so cruel. I know how frightened I was with every bleed I had and the docs/nurses calling it "threatened miscarriage". Stick about 'cos the forum is such a great support network.

I've been quiet as I've had a really bad chest infection and then went on a snowy holiday to the highlands. My poor lungs were full of stuff I couldn't cough and I was struggling for breath! Hazards of working with sick people. Thankfully sorted out with antibiotics. Also still having chronic pelvic pain and bladder burning which I think are linked to each other. Feeling fed up at times. I spent a week with my 9 month old niece which was a little terrifying giving us the "this is what you're in for" perspective. I'm now 31+2 weeks - counting down! My antenatal classes start next week and I finish up work on April 5th. Got our pram, car seat and carrier and are starting the nursery which will have 3 meadow green walls and a dark pink wall with a silhouette of a tree and birds. Our nursery set is grey. My baby shower is March 16th so I'm looking forward to it as I know nothing about what's happening! I'm starting to feel such strong emotions swinging from terrified to totally excited about birth and parenthood. Banana, Luvbug and Annaki - how are you feeling physically/emotionally about it all?

Snuffles - all the luck and baby dust for your little bean. I hope SO much this one is your forever baby-bean! I can understand you must be feeling pretty scared.

For all of you still on the TTC journey - I'm still keeping everything crossed for 2013 BFPs. I really hope your not feeling burnt out and are staying positive. Every cycle always carries that chance so go team SMEP!

Apologies for being so quiet - when I'm ill or feeling low I don't want to drag you all down so I tend to linger! Big hugs lovely ladies :hugs: keep well all xx

Thanks Sooz. Yeah I'm going to stick around as I think you girls are great plus I need to see how you're all getting on!! I had the D&C done on Thursday and they kept me in over night. I feel I can finally move on now.
X

Very very nauseated CC. And very tired, so good I guess lol

sooz- so nice to hear from you! Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Totally get what you mean about feeling terrified one minute and then excited the next. It's a mish mash of feelings thats for sure. I have been struggling a bit emotionally lately too. I'm not quite sure how haha but I can feel that I'm feeling different. Nothing too bad. but I have my moments where I'm terrified about the change we're about to have and about giving birth. But I am so incredibly excited at the same time. I think it's all completely normal... especially for first time moms as you have no idea what to expect!

Mini- I am so sorry that all this has happened, but I'm so glad you're DH has been taking such good care of you, it sounds like he's truly amazing. And Im glad that you are feeling like you can move on, it's tough I'm sure, but it's a good start!

AFM- been having a rough go lately. I haven't been sleeping well at all. More so I can't get comfortable ( which isn't surprising ) but it's frustrating. So then I lay in bed completely exhausted but I can't fall asleep. My legs bother me too ( restless leg syndrom ) and normally if they're bothering me and we go lay in bed, it's fine, but that has not been the case lately lol. Sorry for the complaining bit.
On a better note, we have decided to do a 3D ultrasound. I know they're expensive, but I figure we have the money and this is probably the only time we'll be able to do it. I am super excited to see our little guy in 3D and we'll also get a gender confirmation! That's on Tuesday :)

Hope all you ladies are doing good!

Mini, Sending you big big hugs. I'm glad you feel you can move on a little bit. Give yourself time and we are here for you XXX

Snuffles, an odd blessing XXX

Luvbug, How lovely (the 3D scan not the restless legs lol) We plan to have one when/if we ever get pregnant. Make sure you share your pics I would love to see them XXX

Thinking of you miniegg. I hope you recover quickly, look after yourselves :hugs:

Sooz - good to hear from you! I'm glad you've recovered from your chest infection but sorry to hear your nether regions are still giving you jip. Your nursery sounds beautiful - will you be posting pics when you've finished? I still swing from excited to terrified about parenthood so I wouldn't worry about that :haha: Also don't feel you have to be cheery all the time hear, come on just to moan all you want! I did plenty when I was pregnant and you were all so wonderful.

Snuffles - Yay for feeling sicky and tired! Sort of :haha:

Luvbug - Sorry to hear you're getting uncomfortable at nights! I suffered really badly with restless leg syndrome too, I'd cry sometimes at night because I was so tired and my legs wouldn't stop hurting and twitching. It seems to be a very inexact science but I found what helped me was a) cutting out caffeine completely (obviously I'd cut down anyway but I cut it out totally b) warm baths before bed and c) when you're sitting watching TV or whatever you do in the evenings before bed, sit up straight and put your feet flat on the floor. I have a tendency to curl up, cross my legs etc and I found this made it SO much worse when I went to bed later. Even when doing all these things I still had multiple awful nights but I hope it may bring you some relief!

AFM - after a long and stressful two month feeding saga... dun dun dun! Felix is breastfeeding!! Not exclusively, and not without issue, but he is breastfeeding nonetheless. I stopped pumping last week and thought I'd try him one last time before my milk went - and he just did it! I'd tried him over and over again and all he'd done was scream his head off, flail around and push away from me but this time he just went on and started sucking. I was absolutely gobsmacked. So now I am doing mixed feeding and over the course of my time as a mother have done hand expressing, manual pumping, electric pumping, cup, syringe, bottle feeding (with breastmilk and formula) and breast feeding. Phew! Am feeling pretty proud of myself and like an expert on all things milky :haha:

Yay Jo! Way to go, Felix!! :hugs:

Mini: :hugs:

Luvbug: Ugh! Sorry you're not sleeping well. It's so hard to focus or get anything done when that tired. :hugs: The. 3D US sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see a pic. :happydance:

Luvbug we had our 3d yesterday and it was amazing. She was so active and smiling and waving for us! The only thing I'm now terrified about is that her measurements weigh her at 5lb 3oz - Which is her expected weight for 34 weeks. I'm totally terrified she's going to be huge and I've been lying awake worrying about it. :cry:

Jo - yay for your feeding! I'm glad your feeling positive as you've had such a rough ride with it. I hope it continues to be a positive experience and that you continue to enjoy it.

Mini - best of luck for the next stage of your journey. I'm sorry you've had such a traumatic time. You must be feeling pretty shaken. :hugs:

Sooz don't worry they told my friend that she was going to have a 10lb baby because of his size on the scans and were talking about her having a c section anyway she went into labour and was doing so well they left her and he turned out to be on 6lb 4 and a little dot.

Thanks CC - that means so much. I really am scared and its really making me feel low. I don't understand it as my bump is so wee and measuring perfect. Big hugs x

Jo- thanks for the advice! I'll have to try it!

Sooz- That sounds so wonderful! I can't wait to see our little one!!! eekk you made me even more excited. I feel guilty about spending the extra money at times, but I can't wait to see him! Don't worry about the size. I've also heard plenty of stories about the dr's saying baby weighed one thing and then they ended up coming out weighing way less!

cc- I'll be sure to post pictures!

Jo - I am wanting to breast feed but I am not putting too much pressure on myself. If I can't do it, I would like to express and feed baby via a bottle. Do you recommend any specific breast pumps? Manual/electric? Also, I am using Dr Browns anti colic bottles. Will they fit onto most pumps?

Talking of breast, I got out of the shower and noticed like pitting oedema on the underside of my breasts. Mainly just on my left one. Has anyone else noticed this? I am assuming its with the breast changes, but being a nurse and asking Dr Google isn't got me a bit worried. Going to run it by my MW but wondered if any of you ladies had it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->