The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

It's not something I'm familiar with but with all the changes your boobs go through it doesn't surprise me. Women get pitting oedema on their ankles when pregnant. It usually just means there's a wee build up of fluid or that they're swollen. As long as its not hot or inflamed I would just run it by your mw at your next appt. pregnancy really confuses and scares the crap outta me. It's not for wimps and my body continues to do stuff that scares me. My current worry being of a giant baby!

Aww Sooz, are you measuring big? According to m growth chart, he should be around 9lb! I was only 5lb so hope he is somewhere in between x

Annaki - I didn't actually end up buying a pump as I was lent one by my lovely midwife. It was a hospital grade one and waaay out of my price range :haha: so I was pretty lucky. Maybe try to find out if anything similar would be available to you? Other than that though definitely go electric, manual is way too much work and not as effective. If you're planning on exclusively or long term pumping though, get a manual one as a back up in case of power cuts/power failure in the pump itself. Particularly in the early days this is potential disaster as if you miss a pump or two it can really affect your supply. I'm not sure about the bottles but from my experience I found I didn't get on very well with pumping straight into the bottle. I preferred to store them in something different, something freezable, I don't know, I just felt it gave us a bit more flexibility. If you do end up pumping feel free to ask me any questions. I have lots of tips! The main ones being about supply and what you can and can't store/freeze so you don't waste even a precious drop. I'm not going to sugar coat it though, it was damn hard, the hardest thing I've ever done. If any of you end up going down that route and there's anything at all I can do to help please ask away. I didn't know anyone that had pumped and it was difficult.

Sooz, I know it's slightly different as it's a scan not measurements but I was measuring 3-4cm over towards the end of my pregnancy and Felix was born at 8lb, perfectly average. I have heard so many stories of women being terrified by weight projections and they're notoriously inaccurate. In fact my midwife and two sonographers told me when I asked them to hazard a guess that they're not allowed to do it any more as they're basically useless and it just frightens people. I'm surprised they even told you! Please don't worry, you'll be fine. Besides, a big baby doesn't necessarily mean a tough labour. If you have a baby on the big side then maybe that's just the size of baby you're built to carry/deliver?

Excuse my lack of knowledge Jo, but what do you pump into then? Storage bags? I am totally clueless! Haha.

We bought separate storage bottles rather than pumping straight into the feeding bottle which seems to be the norm :thumbup: You can either buy storage bottles which attach to your pump, or pump into whatever does fit it and pour into the other bottle to store/freeze.

Hello!!!

We had our 3D ultrasound yesterday and I am in love <3
I was feeling guilty about paying the extra money for it ( we have the money, I'm just not one to spend tons of money haha ). But when we left, I wasn't feeling guilty. It was so completely worth it.
I have attached some pictures below. And we got confirmation that baby is definitely a boy- saw his bits and everything haha.
He wouldn't move his hand from his mouth, and at one point the ultrasound tech says " boy he's being stubborn" and right at that moment, baby smiled. It was priceless. Ahhhh I'm just so happy
I am so extremely happy that we did this. And seeing the look on my DH's face while seeing our little one, it was priceless. gah, I'm just completely :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMAGE_2_21.jpg
    IMAGE_2_21.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAGE_2_17.jpg
    IMAGE_2_17.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
hi ladies I have updated the front page. Can you all check it is ok xxx

Ahhhhh, CC! What a sneaky announcement! :haha: Congratulations lovely, you must be so excited :happydance: So pleased for you!

Luvbug, gorgeous pictures! It must have been amazing!

Sooz, I have heard so many people say that predicted weights are notoriously flawed, so I really would try and ignore it :hugs:

Just a quick check in as I should be getting ready for work! Sorry for not being around, just been so exhausted recently! :sleep: Had another funny scan fluid measurement yesterday, but hoping it'll just be the same as last time and resolve itself. Other than that, I am now HUGE! So uncomfortable and sore, but also so excited to meet my little ones in less than 8 weeks - eeeek! Had a few antenatal courses this last week, including a twin one, which have been useful...and also a bit scary! I definitely all feels very real now!

CC: OMG I'm so dense! :dohh: :blush: I checked the front page but didn't notice what change you had made!! :wacko: I've already did my happy dance for you on the 35+ thread, but I'll do an even bigger one here since I don't have to use spoilers :winkwink:

:bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs: :bunny: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :dust: :hugs:

HUGE congrats to you! :hugs: :thumbup:

Whoooooooohooooooooooo CC :dance: :dance: I've been silently stalking the 35+ thread and seen it there needed to wait on the announcement over here!! I'm so blooming chuffed for you xx

Hello!!!

We had our 3D ultrasound yesterday and I am in love <3
I was feeling guilty about paying the extra money for it ( we have the money, I'm just not one to spend tons of money haha ). But when we left, I wasn't feeling guilty. It was so completely worth it.
I have attached some pictures below. And we got confirmation that baby is definitely a boy- saw his bits and everything haha.
He wouldn't move his hand from his mouth, and at one point the ultrasound tech says " boy he's being stubborn" and right at that moment, baby smiled. It was priceless. Ahhhh I'm just so happy
I am so extremely happy that we did this. And seeing the look on my DH's face while seeing our little one, it was priceless. gah, I'm just completely :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Aww just look at him :thumbup::thumbup: how scrummy does he look!!

CC!! I checked but hadn't noticed what changes you had made!!!!

HUGE congratulations!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxx

aw yay CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Banana- good to hear that classes are going well. We start ours next Thursday!

AFM- Our baby shower is this weekend. I am super excited for that! Should be a good time!

Ahhhhh CC this is such wonderful news! I am so, so happy for you. You have been so kind and gracious in your maintenance of this thread and your congratulations for others. You deserve this so much and you will make a fabulous mummy. Such big hugs to you and your OH!

Will reply to everyone else asap x

YAY congratulations CC sooooooooo happy for you!!!!! Very clever way of announcing it!!!!!
xxx

Trying don't silently stalk I know you haven't quite hit the 35 but they would support you anyway and they are amazing, between them there isn't much they don't know. They have really helped me get my BFP. XXX

Everyone, Thank you for your lovely congratulations, still very overwhelmed here. I started with a cold yesterday and not feeling great today so having a sick day. Lots of rest for me. I'm not usually one for taking time off but I need to look at the bigger picture and I don't want to mess this up. Besides we have a busy weekend and if I rest today I may survive it.

Hope you are all well XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->