The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Hey ladies! Glad to hear you're all well (if a little sweaty :haha:). As always I have my fingers crossed for those elusive bfps for those of you who haven't got them yet.

We are all good, Felix is so busy and learning something new every day. He chats and babbles, crawls all the time, is working out toys he's not been able to use before and is currently obsessed with lift the flap and touchy feely books. We're off to our first birthday party tomorrow, the first of a little bunch of 5 babies all close in age, Felix being the youngest.

The sleep! Argh, the sleep. Four months was the worst - the four month sleep regression lasted just over a month with us and it was horrific. He was up every couple of hours and didn't nap at all. Bleugh. His sleep is better now but has never gone back to how it was before the regression . He was starting to regularly sleep 10-12 hours before and now is still up at least once, usually twice in a night. He can occupy himself a bit more in the day now though so it's not quite so draining.

I have horrible dreams too so the sleep I do get is often very fractured and restless :( it's so annoying isn't it, having crappy sleep even when the baby is asleep!

34 weeks now :winkwink:

And yeah I have enjoyed pregnancy so far and still am, but I think I'm slowly getting to the point where I'm done. My tiredness is back and kicking my ass. If I don't nap twice a day forget about it.

I have a plan in my head but not a paper. Basically going to try natural though I'm open to pain relief as I'm a baby when it comes to pain. Delayed cord clamping and cutting, and immediate skin to skin contact:thumbup:

Snuffles! Tell us about your wedding! I've just noticed your ticker!

Good attitude re: pain relief snuffles. If you go in with an open mind then you won't be disappointed. You're right about not knowing how you'll take to the pain. I thought I had a really low pain threshold but turns out I don't and managed with half an hour of gas and air!

Basically we were on our way to the baby shower and DH told me there was a surprise but that I had to stay in the truck. He wouldn't tell me anymore and I was on the verge of crying because I was freaked out that I didn't know what was going on. So we pull up and he comes around to my side of the truck and he opens my door and I notice that he's getting ready to cry which brings me even closer to freaking out. He then pulls the ring box out of his pocket and gets down on one knee and asks me if I'll marry him right there right now. Of course I say yes and then I get out of the truck and they have a little make shift aisle set up with flower petals on the ground and candles on the sides of the isle. Also has a little arch made out of tulle, burlap, flowers, and hanging mason jars. So we get up to the minister lady and start saying our vows and I feel like a jackass because I don't have DH's wedding band with me, and then all of a sudden the minister hands me his wedding band. So we finish our vows and everybody awwww'd and clapped and then we started the baby shower :)

I'm hoping to be able to do just natural, but I'm fully expecting to end up with an epidural.

oh my gosh snuffles that sounds amazing!!! awww that's so exciting!

Yey Mrs Snuffles! You must be on cloud 9 just now! Defo be open minded about labour. I notice (from watching an abundance of American maternity programmes) that it seems the majority of women get epidurals and also labour on their backs? Maybe it's only in the hospitals filmed. Anyways, huge congrats and welcome to the wives club! Next stop - baby!

Trying - how you doing? I see its ivf in November? That's so exciting - it says your in Scotland and I don't think I ever noticed! I went to the Leuchers Airshow today with Heidi - it was awesome!

Mini - hope preggo is treating you well!

Yeah I am in Falkirk :) glad you enjoyed the air show today, seen some photos and it looked great!

Will just be going on the ivf waiting list in November, will still have 6-9months wait from then if we still nee it that is!

Hi Sooz. I love being pregnant and can't believe how fast its going!

Thanks ladies :)

Can't believe I'm 35 weeks along. A lot of people think that I'll pop early, I hope they're wrong as I'm not prepared yet. I still have more stuff to buy ahhhhh!!!!!

Trying - I really hope you beat them to it. I have everything crossed for you. I know there's egg-share schemes that they do privately to seriously reduce cost but I know that's a v difficult thing to consider.

Snuffles - I couldn't be without my playmat, door bouncer, portable/foldable changing mat, bumbo chair, Sophie giraffe, sleep bags, Lamaze toys, hot milk nursing bras, portable blackout blinds and nursing cover!

Ahhh, congratulations Snuffles! That sounds so beautiful and romantic! And you'll have your little one here so soon!

Sooz, the girls were sleeping brilliantly but have now regressed big style, we were up every 3 hours again last night...like having newborns again!

Lovely to hear how you guys are doing, I pop on here a lot even though I don't often find time to reply! We're doing well, the girls are very hard work but very cute too! We just started weaning this week (we were advised to start early by neonatal as prem babies need a bit of a head start and to catch up on missed minerals and nutrients from the final trimester), we're doing the traditional puree spoon feeding as I don't think their swallowing and motor skills are good enough for baby led weaning, so spending lots of time blitzing food with a blender! They're enjoying all the new tastes though so it's definitely worth it!

Sleep regression is driving me nuts! How does sleep deprivation affect you all? I feel really light headed and I feel my vision isn't quite right. I struggle to function and sometimes it really gets me down. The other night Heidi only got up twice and it felt like Christmas!

Snuffles you're getting ever closer! Eek so exciting!! Feeling prepared?!

Mini - you're way past V day now! How's the pregnancy symptoms going for you?

We're starting weaning this weekend!

What does it mean when you've passed your V day?! Symptoms are ok at the mo. get a lot of trapped wind and pain in my stomach but its a small price to pay! I got woken up at 5.30 this morning by horrific cramp in my calf muscle! Being back at work is knackering me out though. So glad it's the weekend tomorrow!!

How's your gorgeous lil one? I'm so worried about the lack of sleep.

No I feel so unprepared!!! Where is this nesting I've been told about, I think I'm broken. *rips hair out and runs around like a mad woman*

Oh man the sleep regression. I'm not sure if that's what it is or if maybe he's teething or going through a growth spurt. But whatever it is is killing me! He wakes up 2 hours if that after I put him down. And then he will wake up two hours after that. And then he might sleep the rest of the night. I'm completely exhausted!

We've been doing cereal and I'm thinking about starting baby food here soon. I will be making it so hopefully it works!

Hope you ladies are doing well! We've been dealing with lots and lots of flooding here. It's terrible.

Hi ladies, how are you all?

I am always reading but rarely get chance to reply, my laptop has broken so I'm always on my tablet and I find the mobile site really difficult to use :blush:

We are good, just been on our first little holiday which was sleepless but otherwise great. Felix can wave now and spent lots of time practising at passers by so it was good timing to be somewhere a bit busier than home. He is also cruising relatively confidently and has just started to clap! It's all so exciting. I can't believe we're coming up to his first birthday. I have been ebaying like mad to raise funds to spoil him with as OH set me a budget but said I could use whatever's in my Paypal balance as well :haha:

Banana, how is the reflux going? Has weaning helped any do you think?

Sooz, how's that booby of yours doing? :haha: that sounds so weird, imagine just casually asking someone that in real life!

Hi Jo :hi:
Where did you go on holiday? I bet it was tiring but a lot of fun! How are you finding Felix cruising? I've got my hands full with Freddie and he isn't even mobile yet!! Can't believe Felix is nearly 1, do you feel it's gone fast?

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

Freddie is an absolute live wire, into everything and very cheeky. He's exhausting but so much fun. OH and I have decided to NTNP from new year :happydance: originally I wanted a few years between them so went on the depo in July but I've changed my mind and think I'd like a smaller age gap so I'm not having my next injection due in October and we're just going to see what happens. It could take a year to get my cycles back after the depo anyway so we're just going to wait and see but I'm so excited :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->