The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Hi Jo :hi:
Where did you go on holiday? I bet it was tiring but a lot of fun! How are you finding Felix cruising? I've got my hands full with Freddie and he isn't even mobile yet!! Can't believe Felix is nearly 1, do you feel it's gone fast?

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

Freddie is an absolute live wire, into everything and very cheeky. He's exhausting but so much fun. OH and I have decided to NTNP from new year :happydance: originally I wanted a few years between them so went on the depo in July but I've changed my mind and think I'd like a smaller age gap so I'm not having my next injection due in October and we're just going to see what happens. It could take a year to get my cycles back after the depo anyway so we're just going to wait and see but I'm so excited :haha:

Honeybee, how exciting to be thinking of number two already!

Luvbug, teething is ruining our lovely sleep routine, such hard work! Poor things :-(

Jo, Felix sounds so grown up already! Their reflux has got so much better the last month or so , they're like different babies! The children's hospital have said to keep them on their medication until they are 6 months adjusted age (so they'll be almost 8 months really) just to be safe, but I think they'd probably be ok without it to be honest now. Noy going to risk it though! The weaning does seem to have helped, I guess there's just lots of stodge in there to help keep the milk down!

Snuffles, can't wait to hear that your little girl has arrived! So exciting!

Sooz, hope the weaning has started well?

We just went to a caravan park place on the east coast of Scotland, a couple of hours away, we did the voucher thingy from the Sun newspaper so it was really cheap. It was great to take him out and about.

Felix being more mobile is an absolute nightmare! And it changes so fast! I'd almost rather he just started walking and be done with it, as it is I'm watching him and thinking 'he can't reach that' or 'he can't pull that down' because he couldn't yesterday, and the he goes and proves me wrong :haha: he's getting into things and pulling things over that would just have never, ever occurred to me to baby proof and it's exhausting to try and keep up. It's so cute though seeing him wobbling around the place. And yes it's gone SO fast. He's getting so big. I saw the health visitor today and he is 20lb and 77cm long - still in the 99th centile for height :wacko:

Number 2, wow how exciting! I'm jealous!

Banana I'm so glad to hear reflux issues are looking up. Are they still on medication?

Yep, still on Gaviscon, Ranitidine and Domperidone. They hate the Ranitidine so can't wait until we can stop it!

I'm dreading the girls being on the move, so exciting but can imagine it must be exhausting!

Jo- I can't believe felix is almost a year! Im glad you had a decent time on your holiday. Probably well deserved after your terrible visit with MIL. How cute that he can wave! I can't wait until Hunter can!

Honey- how exciting number 2!! I'm jealous as well!

Banana- glad to hear the girls are doing well.

Snuffles.... SOON SOON SOON SOON SOON SOON!

Sooz- how are you?!

Hunter is crawling now. He's still a beginner, but he is all over the place. He has also started saying dada today. Wish it was mama... but I gotta remind myself it's because it's easier to say haha. He's tried squash and peas. Loves squash and likes peas. We are going to try sweet potatoes this weekend. I'm so sad at how fast he has grown and continues to grow. It's crazy that he's already 5 months old! We scheduled his surgery ( I talked about it in my journal, but basically some tendons in his bits are a little too tight making it crooked so he wasn't able to get circumcised.) It's scheduled for 10/22 and I"m nervous. Basically he can't eat cereal or formula after midnight and can't have breastmilk after 3:30am. His surgery is scheduled for 730am. It'll be interesting and I'll be sure to update after. Other than that, that's pretty much it! I sure am loving life!!!

I hope all you ladies are doing wonderful!!!

Hey ladies :hi:

Just thought I would drop by with some hugs for everyone :hugs:

As you can see, I am still trying, things aren't quite going as I planned in my head but I am sure that there must be a greater reason.....just wish I knew what it was! lol

Glad you and all your LO's are getting on well :kiss:

Lovely to hear from you Trying :hugs: I'm so sorry it's been such a battle for you, but I have no doubt that this WILL happen for you eventually :hugs: And we'll always be here to support you along the way :hugs:

Snuffles, I can't wait to hear your news! How are you feeling?

Luvbug, well done Hunter! The girls still aren't rolling or crawling, have to keep making myself relax as they're still young if you go by their adjusted ages, but I'm looking forward to them doing something to put my mind at rest! Good luck for his surgery too, I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way xxx

Well I'm still pregnant and feeling like I'm in my first trimester again. I have felt so sick to my stomach and tired lately.

Aww I'm sure she will make an appearance soon Snuffles, I've been silently stalking you! Aww hope you feel better soon!!

Trying, hope you have a lovely time on your holiday, try to relax and have some you time!

As for me I'm still trying, start clomid next cycle so I'm hopefull!

Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Hello lovely ladies, it's been a long time since anyone posted in here, how are you all?

We are good, Felix can say 'Mama' and has just cut his first tooth. He is cruising a lot and every now and then lets go and can stand on his own for a few seconds :) I can't believe we are rapidly approaching his first birthday :wacko:

I had Caliope on the 16th and we're just adjusting to life together. I love her so much<3

Yay Snuffles! She's beautiful!

Jo- Thats crazy he's almost a year old already! I just can't believe it! He just cut his first tooth? How did that go?

Trying and Cake- I have my fingers and toes crossed... it WILL happen for you two one day :)

As for us.... Hunter is crawling all over the place. He is now pulling himself up on the couch and everything. He's been really fussy lately... I'm not sure if he's teething or whats going on. We just moved him to the crib for naps during the day and he's doing great. In the next couple weeks we'll move him in the crib for good. I just am hesitant because he's still waking up quite a bit at night (more lately than normal) and it's just so much easier to have him in our room.

Question for you ladies that have had your little ones. Do you and OH get out on dates without your LO? OH and I don't really and my coworkers kinda made me feel really guilty that we don't go on more baby free dates.

It's been horrible! He's not sleeping much and is crying and in pain a lot. Poor little thing. The only time he's happy is when he's eating :haha:

We have been out for lunch twice alone since having Felix. That's it. Don't let anyone else make you feel bad, you all sound so happy, you're obviously doing something right!

I saw his tooth cut! Yay!

See we've been to a baseball game and out to dinner twice. I don't necessarily have an urge to go out without him all the time. I mean every once in a while it might be nice, but really it doesn't bother me. We go on dinner dates the three of us all the time and I love it. They just made me feel sooooo guilty!

Another question lol. Are your babies still sleeping in your room or have they been moved to their own room? If they're in their own room when did you do it or if they're still in your room when are you planning on doing it?

urgh ignore them! It's none of their bloody business anyway.

We moved Felix into his own room just before 6 months. I would have been happy keeping him with us for much longer but he'd grown out of his moses basket and there's no way his cot would fit in our room. We have a single bed in his room though and I still end up in there with him most nights :haha:

Hi Ladies, long time no see. It is lovely to see most of you still posting here. I'm sorry I have been away for so long I just needed some time to heal. I have had a quick read back but so much has happened I'm sorry I can't comment on everything. But it looks like all your little ones are doing well. Congratulations to those who have given birth while I have been away, I'm sorry I missed it.
Well since we last spoke I have started a new job. We were having a lot of changes at work with different units closing and I took the opportunity to speak to my manager and request a less stressful position. I no longer have managerial responsibility and my seniority is now with looking after the more complex patients and I love it.
The reduction in stress has done wonders for me :winkwink:
We also had a huge surprise in August and I would like to introduce you to Noodle. Noodle.jpg

Ahhhhhh CC! It's so good to hear from you and with such wonderful news too. Such huge congratulations to you both :hugs: when are you due?

Thank you JO, the 11/05/14 but they think they will need to induce at 37 weeks due to my heart condition but at the moment all is going well and my heart is coping so we will see XXX

Ooh my birthday is the 12th :)

I'm so chuffed for you CC, really I am, I can't tell you how happy I was to see your spoiler. How have you been finding it so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->