The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

My lovely TTC dudettes - I wish I could press fast-forward for you (or invent time travel = $$$$!! :haha:). Any symptoms and lack of symptoms are both good signs so never get dis-heartened.

Snuffles and Jaynie - check out my 2ww and you may notice a similarity with the "gushes"! - fingers crossed for you.

Mojo - that's SO awesome! Hopefully we'll end up as Scottish-paranoid-nurse-bump-buddies! I hope this thread brings you so much luck!

Trying - you're nearly getting to that testing day - it's nearly the weekend and once that's over it'll be that time!

Kismet - stay sane - try and find something to distract you if possible. I used to love trailing through the bfp 2ww section over by the announcements. I loved this page

https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/index.html

As for me - did my final test on a digital today and it was "pregnant 2-3 weeks" :happydance: I have booked my midwife appt and was automatically give a first scan appt. I'm really scared this won't stick but I need to be as positive as I can. I was climbing the walls this morning because my boobs stopped being sore :wacko:. Other than that - I have no appetite at all and I've got mild AF pain. Keep well everyone and everything crossed for more :bfp:

Sooz, I didn't realise you could book straight with the midwife. Don't your GP have to see you first? I rang my Doctors and made an apt but did t realise I could ask for a Midwife without a referral first? Wonder if I could ring up a change?

JO4NN4 - I'm going to see how the rest of the month goes. But yes if nothing next month I will go and see me GP. I could have missed it the last 2 months which is why i started to test 3x a day. I have been poorly the last couple of days so it could all be linked. Thanks for caring.

Jaynie I'm sorry X

CC- I do have extra muffins if you're interested :)

JO4NN4- Really? Than I shall keep the hope alive :)

Jaynie: I'm sorry to hear that sweetie:hugs:

Snuffles :thumbup: they may be a bit past their best by the time they got to me:hugs:

CC-Just dip it in milk and it will be new again haha

AFM-I think I'm officially out. I saw pink when I wiped. I'm truly sad:(

Sorry Kismet! :haha: I totally obsessed over that website but tbh I think it stopped me from nagging my husband about every little twinge and ache. It's really good variety of no symptoms vs lots of symptoms. It's also a total demo of how all women have something different in their 2ww.

Jaynie - SO sorry about AF. Lame-ass that she is. She always spoils a perfectly good month huh! :growlmad:

Snuffles - stay positive - you're not out yet! I had loads of spotting before my bfp.

CC - I really do recommend agnus castus and EPO - I would def use them both again. You can get them from Holland and Barrett. I had no nasty side effects or anything from them. I hope your OPK is just keeping you waiting and that it'll go *ping* soon. I know the heartache of constant lack-of or sad faint wee lines. :hugs: I really hope it's all not stressing you to the max.

J04NN4 - you must have the patience of a saint. How did you get through these early weeks without the fear of m/c - I feel like I can't get truely excited because it's so early.

Luvbug and Annaki - In Scotland you just phone the maternity line who tell you your due date, midwife team, booking appt and first scan. The docs tend to get a bit grumpy if you pitch up and say "I'm pregnant". They deem home IPTs to be so accurate that they go by that rather than doing bloods etc.

Anyone seen Banana, honeybee or Trying anywhere? :kiss:

AFM - not much to report. I've got the nursey paranoia of having a m/c as I see so many in my line of work. Drat being a health professional - it makes life so much more complex.:dohh:

I'm here :flower: Felt really quite poorly and absolutely exhausted yesterday, but did pop on to see how you were all doing. Still don't feel great, had a really dodgy tummy this morning (thinking it may be a combination of lots of tablets and not really eating properly, but not sure). Starting to worry that this shingles malarkey is going to make this cycle a bit of a write off for us - I really hope not, but my body just seems such a mess that I don't see how it can be in great baby making form :nope:

Sorry to hear AF has arrived for a few of you, I know how crappy it feels. Big :hugs:

And glad to hear our little bumps are coming on well :happydance:

Sorry to hear that AF is here for a couple of you. Damn that :witch:

CC - you've probably already thought of this but are all the OPK's from the same batch? Any chance they're faulty?

Kismet - sounds promising!

Sooz - I didn't! I'd love to be reassuring but I'm not going to lie to you, first tri was terrifying. I expected to see blood every time I went to the loo. Every twinge was 'this is it'. I don't think there's any way around it I'm afraid other than to keep on top of the statistics and it gradually eases as the weeks go by. And at the risk of terrifying you even further I still have moments where I think this pregnancy won't end with a take home baby. I don't think you truly will until you have that baby in your arms. That was one of the things about pregnancy I really was not expecting - the sheer unbridled joy just doesn't happen! Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but I'm not going to be anything other than honest :hugs: It does ease at the various milestones though I promise. It's my V-day next week and I can't wait - it will be an enormous weight off my shoulders.

Trying is around on her journal, driving herself nuts waiting to test at the weekend and is definitely not symptom spotting :haha:

Banana - you sick wee patient you :hugs: it's so odd how a rash can make you feel so lame. I hope the tabs are improving your symps but I can understand it's not putting you in the best fettle for baby creating!

J04NN4 - It's crap to hear that the paranoia is normal but also good to know I'm not alone. In a way I wish I was naive and unaware of miscarriage risks. Boo. I guess every day is another step forward and I'm looking towards my booking appt. I s'pose the lovely thing is you'll now feel your papaya squirming aboot which must be quite reassuring. I totally aggree with dreading going to the loo though - it sucks! Can I be really lame and ask what "V day" is?

Keep going, Sooz - you're doing a great job :hugs: And whenever you feel worried and negative about what might happen, just remind yourself how convinced you were that you wouldn't get pregnant. I think our minds are very good at making us focus on the worst case scenario, but don't forget that LOTS of women have completely smooth and trouble free pregnancies. Lots of :hugs: xxx

You're just the loveliest banana in the world :hugs: Thankyou so much for your kind words. :hugs: I think I'm just having a tearful day now the initial disbelief and excitement has worn off! :cry::dohh: I think you're right though - I naturally go to the worst case scenario and assume I'll be the one in the statistic that has a m/c. Silly silly nurse.

Don't feel silly - I do exactly the same! I think it's just easier to see things more clearly when it's someone else you're thinking about. And as for feeling emotional, you're definitely allowed - you're preggers! :happydance: Again, lots of :hugs: lovely xxx

I'm here :) Jo4nna is right, I have been over on my journal driving myself nuts not symptom spotting :rofl: It's not going so well and today I have just thought feck it I may as well! I have been browsing, and reading, just not posting too much as I have been really tired at night time and very busy at work during the day :(

Sooz - try and not worry, although I think that Jo is right and everyone feels exactly the same in the early days. That is great to know about the maternity line, I didn't realise that is what you did here so will be good to know if I do catch anytime soon.

Jaynie - big :hugs:

Snuffles - aww honey big :hugs:

Banana - you are going through it honey, really hope this doesn't last too much longer for you.

As for everyone else, hope everyone is keeping okay :hugs:

Sooz - yeah it's great to feel baba moving. It's starting to feel like it has it's own little personality and moves at certain times of the day or when I do certain things. That said though I've just had a mad dash to the midwife as (didn't like to say this morning just in case) I hadn't felt any movement since yesterday morning. It always moves in the evenings so I was quite worried when I got up this morning and still nothing. But she examined me and felt baby (she can feel where it is now through me, how weird is that?!) and heard it's heartbeat and lo and behold, just as she put the doppler on my belly I got a series of enormous kicks :dohh: naughty baby! V-day is viability day - 24 weeks. On or after that date they will try to save the baby if I go into labour and it has a 20-25% chance of survival - going up by the day. Very exciting and a huge milestone. I know it's such a scary time and anything I say will make no difference but the statistics are good even as soon as you've got a :bfp: - and they go up so quickly. Your chances are great :hugs: Stay positive! Think of all the times you thought the worst about your fertility and none of that came to anything.

Banana - how's the crusty face getting on :haha:? You poor thing. I hope you feel loads better soon. I understand your worries about this month being written off but you never know - these things seem to happen when you least expect it!

Not long to wait now Trying!

:flower:

You're almost there Trying - not too long to wait now! :hugs:

Jo4nn4, so glad to hear bubs is ok, that must have been really scary. Make sure you take it easy for the rest of the day lovely. :hugs:

My crusty face is...crust-tastic! I look like I'm rotting! And to top it all off my tummy is now rejecting anything I try and put in it, grrrr!

Trying - nearly testing time!! I'm so excited for yoooou. I hope you're not going too mental with the symptom spotting :wacko: - all systems are go after the weekend huh! You're the only one now wishing for the weekend to be over :haha:

Banana - That sounds SO sore! Is moisturiser any help on top of treatment to help with the flakeyness? When I had a guy with it I found that hydrocortisone cream was quite soothing on it as it itched quite a bit after it went away.

J04NN4 - You must have been so scared :nope: poor soul. I can totally understand as I'd climb the walls too. That happens a lot though - I've seen it plenty of times during my maternity placements. The poor preg lady feels like a doughnut but I think it's more "relief all round" so it doesn't matter that it moved when you have your doppler done.

I really really need to focus on the positives and stop bogging myself down with negative thoughts of m/c. It's that "I can't imagine this happening" demon at me again. "I can't imagine this pregnancy continuing" is it's recent mantra over the past few days. I'm going to go and give myself a swift mental kick-in. :growlmad:

Sooz - consider yourself receiving a virtual kick! :rofl: It must be such a hard place to be in though, fear and excitment mixed together, I have faith that your little bean will stick :)

Jo4nna - God that must have been scary! Am so pleased that bubs is doing okay, if in any doubt always get checked out, midwives will never want you not to come and get the once over.

AFM - My period will be due around Wednesday/ Thursday at the latest. The last few months I have been having alternate 12 then 13 day LPs and if it follows that pattern it will be a 13 day one so that would mean she is due on Thursday. DH is away until Wednesday evening so in an ideal world I will wait until Thursday to test (saying Ideal world as I'm not known for being patient!) I also temp though so if it drops on CD11/12 then I will know she is on her way and wont waste an expensive test! :lol:

Oh banana that sounds terrible! I hope you get better soon! Is it supposed to last a certain amount of time?

Sooz, I'm right there with you. I am so excited but I am so scared at the same time. It's a very big mixture of feelings!

Trying, you're going to get to test soon!!! How exciting!!!

Jo4nn4- one of my coworkers was just talking to me about feeling baby move, she said it's the most amazing feeling ever. I can't wait to feel that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->