The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Thank you (once again!) for cheering me up :flower:

My doggie is ok now, she has epilepsy and unfortunately the fits seem to be getting worse and closer together, they can be quite violent and she loses control of her bodily functions. She's 6 this year and so far we've avoided medication, I plan to avoid it for as long as possible don't want to see her drugged up. She is my little baby and just after I got her something bad happened in my life and she was always there for me and has been for the last 6 years. Having said that she recovers pretty quickly after them and by the time my family came round last night she was running around like a lunatic! Sometimes I think her and the cat are enough stress without adding children to the mix!!!

Sooz/Luvbug - how are you both feeling? Are either of you showing at all yet? Just curious!

Banana - things sound like they are going well for you, I can't offer any advice as I've never used OPK's or anything but fingers crossed tightly for you!!

Snuffles - I've now caught the mac and cheese craving!! Hope you get your positive OPK soon

Kismet - thank you! I'm hoping I'll prove myself wrong and get a nice surprise this month! Whereabouts in your cycle are you? I'm losing track of whose where!

Trying - hope you're doing ok now, it so emotionally draining when you reach the end of one cycle and have to start another - fingers crossed for you for this cycle!

CC - Hope you're doing ok xxx

Anyone heard from JO4NN4 or Anaki? Sorry if they have posted recently and I've missed it!

Lots of :dust::dust: for everyone!! (Including the bumpettes!)

Jumping on quickly, Jo4nna has been posting in her journal :) Haven't seen Annaki - hope she's doing okay :hugs:

Honeybee - so glad your furry baby is ok. It's always such a worry. Give her lots of cuddles from all of us. Not long 'til testing for you - (just saw your ticker!).

I'm not really "showing" but do have a wee bloat bump that I can't suck in anymore. My nipples are much darker and bigger - that's v weird. Been nauseated since Fri and now I'm struggling to find anything appetising. Just aiming for that 6 week benchmark on Sat.

Hello lovely ladies, hope you're all well. I'm good thank you Honeybee, I'm still here lurking most days keeping an eye on you all :haha: I was 24 weeks yesterday so baby is now officially viable which is super exciting. My anxiety has been quite bad over the last couple of weeks and I've been constantly worried about things but reaching viability day has made me feel a bit better for now at least.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it must be so upsetting to see her like that. I don't have any pets as such but my mum and dad still have what I consider to be 'my' dog who I grew up with and I always look forward to seeing her when they visit (sometimes more than seeing them :haha:).

You all seem to be doing well, both preggo's and non-preggo's alike - just keep positive! You're all still so early along on your journeys but I'm so impressed at the patience you've shown so far. I'm very aware I skipped all that bit so don't really feel qualified to give advice but I know I wouldn't have coped as well as you all have.

Sooz it's nice to hear about the changes, the nipple thing is pretty weird though isn't it?! Mine are enormous now. Try not to worry about the discharge, if you're having no pain it's so unlikely to be anything sinister. You're doing just fine.

Banana it's probably a bit late now but I'd say you've got your bases covered when it comes to BD. I don't know much about OPK so can only offer my experience which is that we did it the day before I ovulated (or at least the day before I got a 'peak' on my CBFM) and that was all it took. I think eggs survive for around 72 hours and sperm for 3-5 days so there can be quite a lot of overlap.

Good to hear such positive things about the pre-seed, I'll remember that one! TMI - I'm SO dry at the moment, it's torture as my sex drive is through the roof. At the mo I'm finding the durex play stuff pretty good. I just can't imagine the funny looks I'd get wandering into Boots with a massive bump buying pre-seed :haha:

Oh and I got the gurgly uterus feeling too. Now I just get indigestion but really high up as everything's been pushed upwards. The first time I got it I thought I was having a heart attack until I realised all my guts and intestines are now squished up round there!

Much love to you all xxxxx

I was wondering about Annaki too - hope she's ok :hugs:

Honeybee, not long now until you know now one way or another - hang in there!

Sooz, how exciting to have a little bump - even if it is bloat :haha:

Jo4nn4, I can't believe you're 24 weeks :happydance: It really does seem to be flying by!

AFM, got another positive OPK this morning,so guessing I caught the beginning of my surge yesterday afternoon. We DTD again this morning - so that's CD10,13, 14 and 15 in my fertile period. If we don't get a BFP this cycle, it definitely won't be for lack of trying! Going to keep with the SMEP and DTD tomorrow and Thursday as well - and then there's nothing to do but wait!

Heylo lovelies - thought I'd update you.

Called the early preg centre today who were SO lovely. They're having me take my HCG levels today and possibly tomorrow/wed. Once they reach a certain level they will possibly scan me to make sure everything is where it should. I've been given all the out of hours details. They were realistically reassuring and it was so nice to talk to someone so understanding.

For those of you gearing up for ovulation - best of luck and remember to keep those legs raised afterwards! :lol:

J04NN4 - SO lovely to hear from you. I keep hoping I'll be in your shoes in 20 or so weeks. You must be getting so excited and enjoying feeling all your kicks and squirms. Have you had any major thoughts about your birth plan? I'm so excited for you! It's lovely that you're here looking out for us all! :hugs:

Sooz: I'm relieved for you that you were able to get some answers and actions from your care centre. I hope everything checks out okay. :hugs:

Honey- I have a little bloat as well, but it definately gets in the way of my jeans some days.

Banana- sounds like your plan is going good! Hopefully it works!

Sooz- I am so glad you were able to talk to someone.

Jo4nn4- it's so nice of you to stick around and chat with us all! Hopefully you're doing well :)

Hi Ladies, Its good to see you all doing well, (lots of little bump appearing)

Sooz I'm glad you got some reassurance and getting proper monitoring. I'm sure all will be fine. (Would be nice to have an early scan though)

Banana, Sounds like you have got it covered, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you O on time.

Trying, Glad to see you back. Heres hope for this cycle.

Kismet, Hope the B6 works for you hun.

Honey, your poor little dog, I use to have a spaniel that had fits it was so scary for him. Give your little one a hug from me. I miss my boys sooooo much.

Luvbug, hugs for you and bump.

Snuffles, any news on that positive OPK and I'm still waiting for my cakes

JO4NN4 Hope you are doing OK honey. Yay for 24 weeks.

Special hugs for those I have missed, hope you are doing OK.

AFM - Not good news I'm afraid. It looks as if I may have waited to long and wont be doing this naturally. My temps have been totally messed up for 2 months now and it all points towards low progesterone, which could mean the early menopause. So I'm off to the GP this week to see what we can do.
DH has always said that he doesn't want to go down the IVF route, he feels it puts to much strain on a relationship with no guarantee. So I'm hoping it is something that we can fix quickly and easily. I will keep you all updated.
Plus not news on the job yet.

CC :hugs: don't be distraught my lovely. There are so many other things out there than IVF. Many girls work out find with progesterone supplements or pessaries. If you look at all the TTC groups there are many chicks with difficult conditions, histories etc who still end up getting their BFP. I know you must be feeling v disheartened and frustrated and I'm so sorry. Please don't give up and try and not think of the worse. It helped me to look at the success stories who concieved in difficult circumstances. Wish I could make everything perfect for you :hugs:. Honestly - my GP said that there are many routes and options before IVF. One cycle you may just get taken by surprise - I really really hope it does. Everyone here thinks your awesome and we're ALL here for you with every step. I really wish I could say something that could make it all better. Virtual squeezy nursey hugs to you.

Thanks honey I'm sure I will feel better after talking to my GP. I'm so pleased for you girls getting your BFP's and wouldn't change that for the world but just know now you are all going to leave e behind. It does now look like I did have a chemical last month and my lack of progesterone meant it just wasn't a sticky. I least I know we did manage it once.
I will keep you all updated. Thanks again, I think you are awesome too.

Thanks Honey, Its so nice to have another +35 on the scardicats, I feel such an old f..t sometimes XXX

Banana - haha, not for me! The last few weeks in particular has draaaaaagged. Everyone told me once you hit 20 weeks it flies by but not so far!

Kismet - FX for OV very soon!

Sooz - Glad to hear you're getting lots of support. I had an early scan due to pain and cramping and I found them fantastic. Yeah I've started thinking about birth, would like a non medicated water birth ideally. I'd love a home birth but when I live 80 miles from the hospital think it'd be pretty stupid tbh. Turns out there's so many more decisions to make than I'd ever dreamt of - but then you're also told to be prepared to go with the flow and let all your plans fall by the wayside if need be :dohh:

Luvbug - yay for tiny bump! How exciting for you :hugs:

CC - I'm really sorry to hear it's not all as straight forward as you'd hoped. This doesn't necessarily mean IVF though. Plenty of ladies on here have low progesterone and it's not necessarily anything to do with your age. It's also relatively simple to fix. I know it must be so disheartening to find you'll need any sort of help to conceive but it's not so black and white as IVF or nothing. FX some progesterone supplements or similar will be all you need. Lots of love sweetie, I'm sure this will happen for you :hugs:

CC-I'm so very close to a positive, I think next time I pee it will be there. Oh yes your cakes, let me get right on that*heads to kitchen*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->