The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Banana your right I did mean snuffles, you see I'm that old the dementia has set in :haha:/QUOTE]

:haha: I was very confused for a moment - but realised at only 8 years older than me, it definitely wasn't physically possible :haha:

Awesome idea CC!

Name - Nurse Sooz
AKA - Sooz
Age - 27
TTC since - April 28th
BFP on - 14.8.12
Baby due - 27.4.12
Top TTC tip - Pre-seed, guys and gals TTC vits, legs up after. Opks. Enjoy!

Oh I love this!

Name - Mrs. Luvbug
AKA - LuvBug
Age - 24
TTC since - June 2012
BFP on - 8/8/12
Baby due - April 19th 2013
Top TTC tip - Use the every other day approach-it makes it way less stressful and less like a chore!

Aaaah congratulations Snuffles! So am I right in thinking you were another with what looked like EWCM after OV plus IB?

Hope you're feeling better soon Honeybee, well done though getting through it with no drugs.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding Banana, do you reckon you hid your news successfully or are they speculating about you as we speak? :haha:

Great idea CC, I'll add mine although I won't be offended if you don't include it on the front page as I wasn't trying with you guys really.

Name - J04NN4
AKA - Jo
Age - 24
TTC since - Erm, well you all know the story :haha:
BFP on - 10th April 2012
Baby due - 16th December 2012
Top TTC tip - Relax!

Hope you're all well, I have the afternoon off and was going to go for a nice walk later but it's pouring down outside. Hopefully it'll clear up soon. In other news I've tried everything to make the baby kick while my little brother's here but every single time he's put his hand on my belly it's stopped :dohh: I have a very stubborn little baby in there!

Jo - you're definitely one of us! How could you not be!? You've always been there for us and you're so supportive. You're going to be the first mama so you're a crucial member! As for your squirmer - It's always the way - when you want something to happen it won't but when you don't ask for it then it's always there. It's like that when you see the doc with something like an eye twitch. :haha:

Kismet - we're all rooting for you! Fx for that bfp!!

AFM - I refuse to buy anything pregnancy/baby related 'til well after 12 weeks but I've had to buy some new bras as I have gone up a cup size - 32E - bloomin heck! The woman in the shop tried to put me ina hideous sloggy, lacey, giant bra so I did a runner and went to another shop. Otherwise I'm waiting for my follow up scan on wed - I'm pretty terrified. Got my booking appt on Thurs with the m/w.

Keep strong and stay positive everyone! :flower:

Jo-Yep that was me with the EWCM and IB. That would sound like something my baby would do: *kick**kick**kick*"oh daddy's home" *stop kicking* lol naughty baby :haha:

Sooz-Wow 32E, I wonder how big my boobs will get.

AFM-Still quite can't believe that I'm pregnant lol it just seems and sounds so weird to me. When does it sink in that you're pregnant?

Aw thank you lovely that's very sweet. You've always made me feel very welcome here, I just feel like a bit of a fraud when we talk about 'trying' lol. I know it's been such an emotional rollercoaster for you all and I skipped that part so can't make out I know what it's like!

As for the bra, I'd gone up a cup size by about week 8, another cup size and a back size by 16-ish but have stayed the same for now. I found the stretchy Genie bra crop top things great for when I was too stingy to buy new ones :haha: I have one 'proper' bra though, this one from Mothercare which was the least 'mumsy' I could find: https://www.mothercare.com/Maternit...%20Fuller%20Bust%20Non%20Wire%20T-Shirt%20Bra It has thin padding too which I like as it doesn't add any bulk but I hate having my nipples visible :haha: I know bras are a very personal thing but I won't even consider going anywhere else for my maternity/nursing bras now.

Snuffles - I don't think it ever sinks in. Maybe when the baby's here lol. I still can't believe that this pregnancy will actually result in us having a child, not just a newborn but a toddler, a pre-teen, an adult - oh my god! I think it's just too big to get your head round. Where do you begin?!

An adult?!?! Omg I didn't even get that far! The farthest I got was that I'll have to deal with a teenager:shock: This totally just made it more weird now lol

Snuffles - it still hasn't sunk-in for me. Occassinally I have wee realisations and I think "holy crap-bags I'm pregnant". I think I'm just in denial at the moment and also I don't like to think about it too much as I'm so scared of loosing my wee berry. It felt more real when I saw something on my 5week scan. I guess maybe it'll feel more real on Wed. Fx'd!

Jo that bra's actually quite nice. I remember seeing Gwen Stefani wearing a leopard print and red bra from Agent Provocateur (spelling?) and it was AWESOME. Don't think my budget will stretch to that though...

Evening ladies, hope everyone is having a good Monday :)

FF has now confirmed my ovulation for Friday so we are offically in the tww :happydance: I just hope I don't drive myself mad SS this time!

I am now officially 4 weeks pregnant! :happydance: And I tested when I got home from work (I had a few Clearblue tests and a load of internet cheapies left so thought I might as well for peace of mind!) and got a lovely 'pregnant' and '2-3 weeks' on the Clearblue digital, which reassured me no end. It's nice to see progress, and that my HCG is rising as it should. I've attached the photo for any POAS addicts to have a nosey at :haha: Interestingly, my internet cheapies, which are supposedly really sensitive, still show a line which is quite a bit lighter than the control line - I suspect they're not nearly as sensitive as they pretend! First Response gave me a much darker line at the weekend (nearly as dark as the control line), and Clearblue digital tested positive when I wasn't even really sure I had a positive on the cheapies on Friday. What a con!

I also booked a GP appointment for next Tuesday today, which was very exciting even though I know nothing much will happen! Will just be nice to talk to someone else in real life about being pregnant, as I'm so desparate to mention it to everyone I see :haha:

Jo4nn4 - I think one of my friends was definitely suspicious! I'd told her a while ago that we were thinking of TTC soon, and she went out of her way to not ask about my not drinking at the wedding, so I'm pretty sure she suspects! I managed to put my other friend off the scent though (I think!) by accepting the odd glass of wine and then not drinking it and giving it to hubby (poor bloke had much more to drink than he intended to because of that!). I hope your stubborn baby starts behaving soon :haha:

Snuffles, I keep having lovely moments of 'eeeek, I'm pregnant'! I'll forget for a while whilst I'm busy at work, then suddenly it'll be there in my mind and puts a little smile on my face! It definitely hasn't properly sunk in yet though!

Sooz, how exciting to see your bean again on Wednesday. Big :hugs: lovely, I'm sure everything will be ok.

Trying, yay for the TWW - you and hubby can relax now :haha: As for symptom spotting, just remember that I had pretty much zero symptoms, and certainly nothing that I couldn't have put down to just being a bit tired or run down, so don't fret that you're out because you don't notice any! Lots of :dust: lovely.

Attachments

• 20120910_181207.jpg
    20120910_181207.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello ladies!!! I had my 8 week appointment today and it was wonderful!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: We got to see baby :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: and we got to hear the heartbeat :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I almost cried when we heard the heartbeat. And funny enough, when we first saw baby we saw baby and yolk sac and I thought there were two haha :haha:
but no, there's just one :)
I am just so overjoyed. EEEEKKKKKKKK!

Due date is April 20th- which is my brothers birthday haha

I posted my US picture in my journal if you'd like to see :)

I'm jealous of you Banana, I still have three days before I'm 4 weeks :(

I am now officially 4 weeks pregnant! :happydance: And I tested when I got home from work (I had a few Clearblue tests and a load of internet cheapies left so thought I might as well for peace of mind!) and got a lovely 'pregnant' and '2-3 weeks' on the Clearblue digital, which reassured me no end. It's nice to see progress, and that my HCG is rising as it should. I've attached the photo for any POAS addicts to have a nosey at :haha: Interestingly, my internet cheapies, which are supposedly really sensitive, still show a line which is quite a bit lighter than the control line - I suspect they're not nearly as sensitive as they pretend! First Response gave me a much darker line at the weekend (nearly as dark as the control line), and Clearblue digital tested positive when I wasn't even really sure I had a positive on the cheapies on Friday. What a con!

I also booked a GP appointment for next Tuesday today, which was very exciting even though I know nothing much will happen! Will just be nice to talk to someone else in real life about being pregnant, as I'm so desparate to mention it to everyone I see :haha:

Jo4nn4 - I think one of my friends was definitely suspicious! I'd told her a while ago that we were thinking of TTC soon, and she went out of her way to not ask about my not drinking at the wedding, so I'm pretty sure she suspects! I managed to put my other friend off the scent though (I think!) by accepting the odd glass of wine and then not drinking it and giving it to hubby (poor bloke had much more to drink than he intended to because of that!). I hope your stubborn baby starts behaving soon :haha:

Snuffles, I keep having lovely moments of 'eeeek, I'm pregnant'! I'll forget for a while whilst I'm busy at work, then suddenly it'll be there in my mind and puts a little smile on my face! It definitely hasn't properly sunk in yet though!

Sooz, how exciting to see your bean again on Wednesday. Big :hugs: lovely, I'm sure everything will be ok.

Trying, yay for the TWW - you and hubby can relax now :haha: As for symptom spotting, just remember that I had pretty much zero symptoms, and certainly nothing that I couldn't have put down to just being a bit tired or run down, so don't fret that you're out because you don't notice any! Lots of :dust: lovely.

Yay for 4 weeks! Yay for the poppyseed!!

And yay for doctors appointments!!!

Oh man, that's crazy that they didn't say anything. But that's good! I am right with you on feeling like needing to tell someone. It's a HUGE secret to keep. I can't believe that it's been a whole month since I've known and I haven't said anything!

Sorry for the delay with my details! Great idea by the way!
Name: Honeybee144
AKA: Honey/Honeybee
TTC since: June 2012
BFP on: 30.08.12
Baby due: 10.05.13
Top TTC tip: Get the support from others in the same/similar situation to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->