The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Banana, I have no idea how it works. I think they go off lmp but I don't know. Also my boobs aren't sore either. If I wasn't so exhausted, hungry all the time, or kept peeing on my tests to see they're positive. I would swear I wasn't pregnant lol.

AFM-I was watching the cooking channel and watched her make a tropical parfait(sp?) and it made me want ambrosia salad. Now I want a hamburger lol.

Snuffles and banana- ya, they measure it from the first day of your last period.

Sooz- I am so glad your scan went well!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Can I ask what it means to go private? Is it meaning like not going with your normal doctor?

Kismet- Yay for fs referral!!!!!

Trying- you never know! I have everything crossed for you!

See and that's where I get confused, because if I put my ovulation date in and it puts my due date at May 21st, but I do my lmp and it puts me at May 24th:wacko:

Kismet: Yay FS referral:happydance:

When you go to the doctors office they'll ask for the last date of your period!
I thought my due date was 4/19 but doctor said 4/20- so only 1 day off lol.

my DH gets all flustered about how they measure it, because technically the first two weeks of your pregnancy you're not even pregnant and he doesn't like that haha. He fusses about it all the time! I just have to tell him to shut up. He has quite the personality I must say.

So if they ask me how far along I am, I'll just say four weeks or four and a half weeks as that would be about accurate.

My OH doesn't understand the two week thing either lol I just tell him to hush.

Ya, that's what I'd tell them. And then what might happen- maybe not this appointment, but around the time you'd be 8 weeks you'll have your first ultrasound and they'll plug in the first day of your last period. Then they'll give you a due date. It was cool because when I went in she measured my baby ( I just started typing him...... not sure if that was from the tv..... or if I'm having some sort of a thought haha.... weird ) it showed it was measuring 8+2 then it showed 8+1 on another measurement ( or somewhere on those dates ). It was really interesting!

Haha Silly guys. They're funny.

I'm so excited to get my first scan. Pretty sure I'll cry when I see my baby. It's okay, because everytime I think about my baby I want to say she or her lol. I'm curious to see if it will be accurate :)

So I have a question for you ladies, do I need to start taking DHA? I read that it is important, but I'm not sure when you're supposed to start taking it and there isn't any in my prenatal vitamin. Also, should I buy a supplement or just try to eat foods with DHA? One more(sorry), which foods have DHA in them?

I take vitafusion prenatal gummies that have DHA in them.

I have an issue taking pills haha so the gummies are great!

In the UK, we get free healthcare and in a normal pregnancy you get 2 scans -12 week and 20 week. You do get more if there are problems with your pregnancy or multiple births. But there are private hospitals where you can pay for healthcare.

I say free, we are taxed for it but it definitely is a good thing :))

Banana...Aww bless ya! Hal Alot is going off so I sometimes get skimmed past :-( haha. X

Annaki, there really is a lot going on on here at the moment isn't there?! So hard to make sure you mention everyone!

Luvbug, thanks for the info :thumbup:

Snuffles, ahhh, glad to know I'm not the only one without sore boobs! :haha:

Kismet, glad your referral came through :thumbup:

Wow you lot have been busy!!

I like the thought of this thread now just being a great bunch of friends helping each other no matter what's going on :hugs:

Too much to be happening to respond to everyone but wanted to say that's ace news on the FS Kismet :)

Sooz - Ahhh so exciting! I'm so glad it went so well for you. How on earth do they tell which ovary it came from?!

Annaki - yay for meeting your midwife! I'm so glad you've heard she's nice - mine is lovely and it's so important. I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't get on.

Banana - I agree about it just being a group of ladies to come and chat to. I've been talking to some people on here for approaching a year now since I joined last October! And to think then we were all desperately WTT... time flies! Could you get your OH to buy your drinks? What do you normally drink? I'm usually a spirits drinker so just drank coke and said there was rum in it when we were still hiding it :haha: if you're a wine kinda girl that might be more difficult. Fancy non alcoholic cocktails could throw them off the scent too, who really knows what's in those things?

Kismet - great news about your appointment! Hopefully you'll never make it and get your :bfp: before the appointment comes round.

Snuffles - what is DHA?

Sorry if I've missed anyone, it moves so fast on here sometimes!

AFM - I've had a bit of a crappy few days with body image as I went out for a meal with my parents and had nothing to wear. TMI - I also did a bit of grooming downstairs and wish I hadn't bothered as my bits look gross. I don't know if everyone else knows this but I didn't - your bits start to swell up as you get further along! I had no idea and it was such a shock but it's totally normal apparently. It looks like I have an extra lip or two down there :sick: I'm so big now and of course I know it's all worth it and wouldn't want to be anything else but am starting to feel like I've been pregnant forever.

My wordy, what a busy day it's been so far! Thankyou all for your well wishes. I'm starting to feel a little bit more excited now - can't wait for 12 weeks when I can sing my excitement properly from the hills of Edinburgh!

Kismet - I'm really pleased about your FS appt. You never know - the bfp may catch you before you need it. I hope you're feeling reassured that you've got an action plan now. Best of luck!:thumbup:

Banana and Snuffles - hope your wee seeds are doing OK and you guys are coping with the tediousness of early pregnancy. Why does it go so slowly huh?!

Annaki and Luvbug - you guys must be so relieved your heading towards the end of first trim. I spoke to one of my patient's the other day about it and she said "it's like pregnancy limbo and it's SO slow and dull!". I couldn't agree more with her!

Mojo - hope you're OK! YOu've been v quiet!

Trying - keep strong, hope you're also OK.

Jo - I love your posts as they always make me smile :haha: I've now got a hilariously weird image of me getting a "giant vagina" that I have to keep in a box or summit :lol: I hope you're coping with these weird things OK. As my mum said "it's a fascinating, ming blowing but really bizzare process". Try and embrace it as much as you can, I guess!

AFM - booking appt was loooooong. Mainly discussions about past med history, family hist etc. Also had bloods, bp etc done. It's mainly a paper-work appt but I did get the biggest pile of guff to read through :dohh:. All I could think about was "if this is confusing to me as a nurse, how do women cope with all this info?". May next appt in Nov but I've got my 12wk scan a month today. Now I just sit and wait it out!:shrug:

Awww Jo4nn4, you poor thing! :hugs: I am glad we have you to warn us about all these things though, at least they won't take us by surprise! I think getting hubby to buy the drinks is the way to go! I am normally a red wine drinker,but think I will go for non-alcoholic cocktails instead! Will be harder at the restaurant if we have to order at the table though!

Sooz, booking appointment sounds like a bit of a mission! Another milestone for you though :thumbup: You're right, the early days certainly are tedious! Feels like more should be happening, whereas in reality everything is just going on as normal with the odd moment of 'eeek I'm pregnant'!

I'm so glad it's Thursday today - almost the weekend! :happydance: Hope all you lovely ladies are ok xxx

Oh no - my lovely friends who are coming this weekend have just texted to say they want to take me to a spa on Saturday (sauna, Jacuzzi etc) to celebrate my birthday. Obviously that's a no-go at the moment, but how do I get out of it?! Bugger! :haha:

Always cheering you on CC! :wohoo:

CC for BFP!! :yipee:

Here's some dust to help you there CC :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back