The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Snuffles - I know exactly how you feel. Tbh we DTD a week or so ago and I didn't have any bleeding or anything. It actually felt a lot more relaxed 'cos there was no TTC pressure. I think it's just a mental hurdle you need to jump. If you do your research you'll find some reassuring evidence. There's plenty of women that DTD loads when they don't know they're pregnant. Loads of women also get a high sex drive so can't dampen their libido! It's up to you what you do - don't feel pressured but don't not go near him with fear. There's plenty of other ways to have fun that isn't full :sex: :haha:

Trying and Kismet - ALL the luck for your testing my lovelies!

I haven't been on much as I had another episode of brown cm - didn't want to be here as a misery git. It actually happened the day my period would have been due. Weird eh. It lasted a day and tailed off. I'm so fed up with all the frights I keep getting! I found the EPU and they were so reassuring. They also said implantation occurs up until the end of first trim. I just assumed the mucous plug had formed by now! Ach well - I've got to crack on with it!

Trying, I have everything crossed for you - you never know! :hugs:

Annaki, yay for first midwife appointment! And your first scan could be in just over a week's time - eek! Such exciting times :happydance:

Jo4nn4, third trimester - wowee! So exciting! Can't believe our first scaredicat could have a baby in 10 weeks time!!

Snuffles, I feel the same about DTD, although luckily I think hubby is feeling the same. I know logically it shouldn't hurt the baby, but I know bleeding would panic me. Think we will hold off for the time being, hoping I may feel better after an early scan at 8 weeks if we decide to book it!

It's my birthday today :happydance: We're having pie and mash and lots of chocolate (not all together :haha:) when hubby gets home - can't wait!

Oh Sooz, big hugs :hugs: I think you've got a little cheeky monkey in there who's just letting you know they're around incase you forget! Glad the EPU reassured you, and I hope things stay settled down. I did read something the other day about breakthrough bleeding when your period would be due being totally normal, so try not to fret. Bodies are funny things, aren't they?

sooz- I agree with what banana said! And I also heard that when you're pregnant and around the time you get your first couple periods after you find out you might still spot. :hugs:

Banana- HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happydance: I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!

Snuffles- I am the same way. We haven't DTD since we were trying. I'm just scared. I think at the 12 week mark we will. And I feel terrible holding out on DH for so long, but he understands. I am just terrified that something would happen and then I would never forgive myself. And I know that I were to start spotting I would flip too. Good advise sooz.

Jo- Happy 3rd tri!!!!!! Yay! SO exciting to think that in 10 weeks you could have a baby! Even to just be in the 3rd tri is exciting!

Trying- Yay for Thursday!!!! Like we always say- you never know! Not everyone shows symptoms!

Annaki- so glad you met your midwife!!!

sorry if I missed anyone. I'm just checking in at work! Hope all you lovely ladies are doing good!

Snuffles - my only advice would be take your time. Don't worry about it. As time passes and your little bean is still safe and sound in there your confidence will grow and it'll come naturally. I don't think you can 'make' yourself feel more comfortable with the idea. Me and OH did it about 4 times total when I was in first tri because of a combination of fear and feeling like crap. You'll be OK. I also agree with Sooz that non BD fun would be good and might ease you into it if you're not comfortable with the idea of penetration atm? If you're feeling up to it of course. I hope all of you who are worrying about this feel better soon :hugs:

Sooz - Sorry to hear you've had another fright. I too have heard it's very common to get spotting on or around the time your first couple of periods would be due. Some women even spot every time their period would normally have been due! And don't feel you have to stay away if you just want to come here to vent/moan. Glad you're feeling better now anyway and have had some reassurance.

Banana - happy birthday lovely! Hope you have a fab day and a lovely evening with OH. Pie and mash followed by chocolate sounds gooooood.

Yay Banana's birthday!!!!!:yipee::cake:

Thanks for the advice ladies:hugs:

Ah I forgot to tell you ladies, I have my first appointment on October 5th :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes - pie and mash was delicious! Now massively bloated though - I have a definite food baby going on!!

Snuffles - first appointment, woo hoo! :happydance: I have a GP appointment tomorrow, but that'll just be me saying I'm preggers and her referring me to the midwives. Still excited though!

Glad it was good :) We're having pot pies for dinner :D

I'm not sure what will happen at mine, but I'm hoping I'll get to see baby and hear their heartbeat :)

I still have everything crossed for you Kismet - it sounds very promising! Lots of :dust::dust::dust: coming your way.

Grrr missed Birthday wishes!! Sorry Banana, sounds like you had a great day xx

Sooz - really sorry to hear about your scare, glad the EPU where able to reassure you a little.

Kismet, yay to a 10 day LP :happydance:

Hope everyone else is keeping okay, :hugs:

AFM - 10dpo temps stayed high, chart looks great to me but we will see! No symptoms apart from a sore back and bbs yesterday but all signs of AF so I'm not reading into them. Resisted the urge to test early, mainly as I still just don't feel like this is our month (obviously secretly hoping it is though) know not out till AF and keep thinking last month I was sure I was and wasnt so maybe not SS is a great thing and I'll end up very surprised one day!

Happy belated birthday Banana - I think you've already had the best bday pressie ever :wohoo: but I hope you were spoilt rotten with pressies and pampering!! :happydance:

Kismet and Trying - I keep popping in to see if you guys have caved into testing :lol: I really really really hope this is the one for you both.

Just found out one of my best buds has got pregnant - she's a month behind me but it'll be lovely to have a bump buddy!

Not long now Kismet and Trying :D

Sooz: Oh that's awesome that you'll have a bump buddy close to you :D

AFM: Well not much really, just that I can't seem to stop eating. I'm hungry pretty much all the time lol

Aw snuffles - I long to feel hungry and enjoy food. I've just got the boke all the time - when I eat I am a bit better. I don't ever feel like eating - it's a chore!

I have to eat or I'll die! I notice I become very nauseous and don't feel good if I don't eat frequently.

Kismet that's awesome - I know the horrible feeling waiting for that dreaded spotting when you have a short LP. You've got the best attitude and we're all here for you no matter what - we all got our fingers, legs and toes crossed for you and Trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->