The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Eeek, I'm so desperate for you two to test! I think now that my testing is done I'm transferring my POAS addiction to other people testing - please humour me :haha:

Sooz, I really do feel like my little bean is the best present of all :cloud9: It was such a lovely birthday, knowing that hubby and I have this huge amazing secret! Hubby was extra fab too, he really went out of his way to treat me and make it a memorable one. That's lovely that your friend is preggers too, how lucky!

Just got back from the GPs and I'm now officially registered as preggers :happydance: She's referred me to the hospital, and I've just left a message with the midwife too to arrange my first appointment with her. All so exciting! My GP was lovely, her reaction made me feel even more excited if that's possible! Only thing that did put a dampener on it was that I had to say I have suffered with depression and anxiety in the past (I got really low and stressed when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis just before university). I didn't like having it brought up again, but she was very good about it and said it's fine, but they'll just keep an extra close eye out for depression during my pregnancy.

Ahhhhhhhh, Kismet - think of waterfalls...rivers...a running tap...:haha:

:haha: Kismet I'm waiting with baited breath! You never know...

Banana, how exciting to officially be preggers! I have a history of depression/anxiety too (there's a lot of us about!) so here's my experience if it helps at all. All it meant was an extra mark in my notes in the 'risks' section (panicked me initially as I also have 2 more 'points' for being asthmatic and overweight - but it makes no difference to treatment/labour/whatever, it's just to tell them to keep an eye on you) and an extra visit with the midwife at around 23 weeks to fill in a questionnaire about how I was feeling. As it was I wasn't coping very well anxiety-wise so have now also been referred for 3 sessions of cognitive behavioural therapy and had 2 extra appointments with my midwife to check on baby and give me a bit of reassurance. I know it's not very pleasant to go over it all but they'll be great, don't worry :hugs:

Jo4nn4, thanks so much lovely :hugs: I guess I just worried they'd see it and instantly treat me differently, or assume I wouldn't cope, so your experience and reassurance is great. It is surprising how many people have suffered from some kind of mental health issues, I guess you just assume you're a bit of an oddity, whereas in reality it's pretty common!

Yep I definitely felt that way too. I thought if I was totally honest and told them how I'd self-harmed in the past they might tell social services or take my baby away :blush: it sounds nuts now but I guess it's just something it's easy to get very irrational about. If anything they've treated me better as I got to hear baby's heartbeat two extra times just to get me to chill out a bit about it all :haha:

Thanks again Jo4nn4 :hugs:

Kismet, it really is early days, so try not to be disheartened lovely :hugs: Lots of :dust: coming your way xxx

Sorry to hear that Kismet but as you say it's early days. Good for you for keeping so positive - your fabulous LP is reason to celebrate this month even if AF does show her face. FX though, she may not arrive yet!

Still early Kismet - stay positive. I had awful AF back pain before my BFP. I hope sooooooo much AF stays away!!

Banana - snap! I've got a loooong history of depression and anxiety. It terrifies me to think it'll rear it's head now or with PND. The midwife said I've to get in touch with her or the GP as soon as I feel my mood slipping at all. They're going to keep a close eye on me. It's horrible to feel scared of your own mind huh! I feel every bit of your fear. :hugs: stay strong - we'll be fine!

aww Kismet :hugs: not out yet as you say but yay to an extra 2 days on LP :)

Glad everyone else is getting support and now you's all have each other too to help through any ups and downs. Think most of you know that's my field of work so of there's anything I can do to help just shout xx

I'm still keeping the hope alive Kismet :D

Trying, not long now eeeee :D

Snuffles- I want to eat all the time too. I also get sick if I don't eat soon enough after I start to feel hungry. So I have to make sure I eat something little if I'm feeling hungry.

Sooz, banana and jo- I think they just want to make sure things are going ok... and like you said JO... you've even gotten to see baby a few more times. I would also think it has something to do with postpardum once the baby is born.

Trying and kismet- :dust: :dust:

I resisted the devil on my shoulder and didn't test this morning :dance: don't even have sore bbs anymore, unless i really poke them!
Some strange cramp feelings but not the dull achy ones that normal mean AF is coming. I'm being really really good and not reading into anything though as last month I had cramps, sore bbs, creamy cm the works and no bfp!

Kismet...when are you testing again? It's all sounding very positive even if AF arrives!

I felt exactly the same, like it was going to arrive any day around the same time your at. Very crampy/heavy feeling. Then got my BFP. Felt crampy for a week after getting BFP too.

AFM, first scan and bloods 4th October - 2 week today!

Then see midwife 24th October :)

Yay on your scan dates!!!

I tested this morning :bfn: on a superdrug test which are meant to be 12.5uml so looks like I'm def out!

Not out Trying until AF arrives! I got a BFN at 12DPO with a CBD. Fx xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->