The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Not out Trying until AF arrives! I got a BFN at 12DPO with a CBD. Fx xxxx

Aww thanks, but not holding out for that, only have an LP of 12/13 days max. I'm okay about it though, everything happens for a reason xx

Sooz, we'll stay strong together :hugs:

Annaki, yay for first scan :happydance: Can't believe it's so soon!

Trying, I'll hold out hope for a shy BFP, but you sound like you're staying very calm and level headed either way - well done you :hugs:

Kismet, that was how my BFP started - a really really faint line that may not even have been a line, and it had vanished when I checked the test later in the day. Here's hoping there was a hint of a line there and it becomes stronger and stronger :hugs:

Hope all you other girlies are ok and keeping well whether TTC or pregnant. Lots of :hugs: to all.

Symptoms have started to hit for me this last couple of days. I was SO bloated after dinner last night (I looked like I was 4 months pregnant!),and have had a bit of a funny tummy all day today. Also felt so sicky all day today, kept thinking I was going to be sick but luckily wasn't. My energy is properly down, and my concentration is awful! Hiding it at work was so hard today, and I'm thinking I may have to tell my TA (teaching assistant) soon if I carry on feeling this way, as otherwise she's just going to think I'm rubbish at my job! It's a tricky one though, as I don't want to tell the head teacher yet, so not really sure whether it's a good idea or not. In other news, I also booked my midwife booking appointment yesterday for two week's time - hurrah!

Hey all,

Trying/Kismet - I have everything crossed for you both! You've both got such good and reasonable approaches to it all :dust:

Annaki - yay for your scan date :happydance:

Sooz - sorry to hear about your scare again, pleased you got some reassurance though, hope everything's ok :flower:

JO4NN4 - hope alls well with you, I love your stories they make me chuckle :haha: At least we'll all be better prepared thanks to you!

Banana/Luvbug - hope both you're little beans are coming along nicely and alls well

Mojo/CC - hope you are both well also :hugs:

Snuffles - any news on the interview you went for? (sorry if I've missed it!)

AFM - sorry for my absence! I've not been well, last week I was so incredibly tired especially int he afternoon and unfortunately my dad had inflammation of the cornea and a cyst actually in his eye so I had to take him to the eye clinic as an emergency twice last week which just completely wore me out. On Wednesday we got there at 3pm ready for our 3.30pm appointment and didn't get seen till 5.45pm as they only had 1 doctor instead of 5, it made for a long day!! Yesterday I had such bad morning sickness, I was sick twice before I left the house (I left at 7am) and then spent the whole day feeling sick but held it down as I didn't want to be sick at work! It was my managers last day before she went on leave and we had a bid and a finance report going in so I did 7.30am-5.30pm (I usually work 8am-4pm). I was then sick a further 2 times last night so have been off work today recovering but feel much better now thank god!
Banana - I'm having the same dilemma as you, I ended up telling one woman at work (who I trust) that I'm pregnant as I'm so hormonal I swear they all think I'm crazy but I can't tell my boss yet as she is a lovely person but she can't keep a secret! Who has everyone else told?

A question from my DH now! He feels bad as he can't make my booking appointment with the midwife as they only do them in the morning and he works 5.30am - 3.30pm. Did anyone's partner go with them to the booking appointment? Will he need to be there? I didn't think he would as it's just medical history etc and it's not like he won't see her again! But he asked if I would check with you ladies as he feels bad and is worried that he should be there

Sorry for waffling :hugs: to all

Honeybee, I didn't get the job as I'm not a senior citizen apparently that's what they look for.

Congrats to all the bfp! Sorry I'm lurking at the moment instead of posting...

Snuffles- which job is looking for senior citizens?!

Honey- I'm not sure what a booking appointment is, but I think that if it's just about the medical history it's ok he's not going. They might ask a few questions about DH's family medical history. But if he's anything like mine, I just answered no for his questions because he doesn't have much bad medical history. They're more so concerned about your medical history. But if he has anything concerning he could tell you and you can tell them. AND if he were to think of something you can always call them or tell them the next time you see them.

banana- I ended up having to tell one of the girls I work with. It's hard not talking about it. She's pregnant so it's so much nicer because she knows what I'm going through. I am SO glad I told her.

Sooz & Annaki- Hope you're doing well

Kismet- fx'd for you!

I hope CC and mojo are doing well!

I haven't met you jaynie but hi :wave:

I hope I didn't miss anyone-if I did I'm sorry

Well I don't know if they actually only hire senior citizens, but at Petsmart all the ladies I see working there are at least 50+:dohh:

AF has arrived in the house so onto new cycle I go :)

Am okay about it, thinking of it as still learning my LP which noW know definetly follows a pattern of 12 days one month and 13 days the next so at least I know I'm not living in false hope say from testing on 12dpo on my shorter LP.

Working out dates for next month and depending on ovulation date it looks like we could possibly find out if we are pregnant or not on our first Wedding anniversary! We will be on holiday that week too so maybe it's a sign :lol:

Heylo lovelies.

Trying - so sorry you're out this month but it sounds like you and Kismet have both got positive things to take from these cycles. Hopefully it'll be anniversary luck for you!

Kismet - you're not out yet! Hang in there! Remember I got loads of spotting before my BFP!

CC -hope you're OK chicky - you've been v quiet. Thinking of you.

Luvbug, Annaki, Honeybee and Banana - hope first trimester isn't driving you too daft. I've been feeling v fed up with it and even had a rant on the first trimester boards! Hope you're all managing fine and staying positive and healthy!

J0 - hope your giant vagina issues have improved :lol: you must be getting v excited as time is getting on! You'll pop by Christmas and I'll be halfway there!

AFM - just getting on with things. Struggling with my mood a bit. My emotions are running riot. I'm happy and then I freak out so easily about money, the size of our house etc. I randomly started sobbing last night becuase I feel like I'm just mean all the time. :nope: I'll get over it - I definitely think hibernation sounds like an awesome option:thumbup:

Kismet - you're not out yet! As Sooz said she had lots of spotting and then a :bfp:. I've got my fingers crossed for you and if not you've had a lovely long LP this month so hopefully that will continue. Edit: posted at the same time! Yay still no AF :happydance:

Trying - I'm so hoping for a holiday :bfp: for you :hugs:

Annaki - Ahhh your first scan, SO exciting! And so soon - I'm sure it'll fly by.

Banana - sorry to hear you're feeling yucky. The bloating in first tri is unbelievable, I was bigger at 8 weeks than I was at 16 as by then the bloating had gone and I had just a tiny actual baby bump. I can't imagine doing such a public, social job in first tri. I work from home and live like a hermit at the best of times :haha:

Honeybee - Hello! I'm so sorry to hear about your poor Dad. Do your parents know you're pregnant? Sorry if you've already said. My husband didn't come to the booking appointment and I must admit it never even occurred to me that he would! Oops! He came to the one when we'd hear the heartbeat for the first time and another one when he had a few questions of his own, and I've had a couple of appointments at home but other than that I go alone. The booking appointment is really long and boring and as long as you know his medical history reasonably well there's no need for him to be there really. If you'd like to know what they ask you so you can be sure you know the answers for his side of the family let me know and I'll tell you from my notes.

Sooz - sorry you're feeling up and down. Here's an embarrassing story to make you feel a little less crazy. The other night I noticed my belly button had almost totally turned inside out and I started poking it and laughing and then I literally laughed until I cried - as in sobbing, not tears of laughter. I was going 'Oh my god it's so gross I don't want an outie' and ended up laughing/crying myself to sleep. It's not the first time I've done the weird laughing/sobbing thing either. I've officially gone mental - my husband just sat there looking terrified :haha: My vajayjay issues have improved thank you as I now just don't look lol.

I definitely can't wait for Christmas this year. I hope the baby has arrived by then - Christmas Day is only 9 days after my due date so it might not be. Not thinking about that for now though. All you pregnant ladies will have lovely bumps for Christmas!

CC - where are you? Are you OK?

Mojo and Jaynie - hope you're doing well, don't worry about not posting much, it moves so quick here sometimes as we're seriously chatty lol.

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone xxx

Trying: I'm sorry hunny, but I've got a feeling about next month :)

JO: Hehe your story made me giggle

Sooz: If it makes you feel any better, my emotions have gone wacky and I've been super emotional. Yesterday OH told me I was mean(in a joking manner) and I just started bawling, and then five minutes later I was giggling hysterically as I watched a tv short. And I giggle over dumb things now, and when I do I giggle hardcore lol

Kismet: Keeping the hope alive my dear, keeping it alive!

CC: I hope you're okay, we miss you:(

AFM: I'm five weeks today!:dance: So happy hehe. I'm thinking about starting a journal for baby to read when they're older. I'm not sure if I want to do a daily entry or a weekly entry.

I've got 2 journals snuffles - one for the baby and one for me to vent my spleen on. The one for the baby is an official one from Amazon and the other is a wee notebook my SIL gave me to note down my feelings. It's got everything from getting my BFP to my emotional crack-ups. It's very therapeutic!

Ooooh that sounds nice. I'll get an official one for baby and do a weekly entry unless I feel like doing more and then I'll get one just for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->