The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

I'm really, really sorry Kismet. Look after yourself sweetheart and get yourself to the doctor if you can :hugs: If nothing else they can tell you if there's anything you can take for the pain as you can't take tylenol.

Annaki - I hope you get your free gym pass - that's great! They don't do anything like that here but I've had some physio. I'm going swimming next week so hoping that will give me some relief.

Banana - normally it eases within a few weeks of giving birth. Some unlucky ladies have symptoms forever but it's rare. It's also really likely to come back in subsequent pregnancies if you've had it before.

Luvbug - I agree with your doctor, don't do scales. Particularly at the moment when bloating and water retention and stuff are totally out of the ordinary!

Sooz - hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like a lazy Sunday is in order!

Hope you're all doing well :hugs:

Thinking of you Kismet and sending lots of virtual :hugs:

Sooz - sorry to hear you are poorly, hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Aw sooz I hope you feel better soon! I've never had a UTI (thankfully) so I don't know what they feel like but I have heard they are terrible.

Jo- I hope you're not one of those rare cases.

Kismet- :hugs:

I dumbly tested today and saw that my test line was lighter than I've ever seen it and I freaked myself out thinking I was going to have a miscarriage:neutral:

:hugs: Snuffles. As Kismet said, it could just be the test? Was it FMU?

Jo4nn4, crossing my fingers your poor hips feel much better once your little bean is here!

Feeling really sicky today, had a mega nap this afternoon and now trying to mark school books whilst feeling really nauseous/full of heartburn. It's times like these I hate being a teacher and wish I could have a lazy Sunday like a normal person :nope:

Today we upgraded to a lime! Limes are quite big! Stomach feels round today. Just looking on the Internet for ways to tell family we're expecting. Anyone any ideas?x

Kismet: Yes I still have my symptoms. Rach told me it's probably the hook effect.

Banana: It wasn't FMU it was second. It might have been a wonky test. I've decided to stay away from them.

Update: Ahem:blush: So I took two more tests out of being paranoid and they're darker so either this morning's sample was bad or the test was faulty hehe...:oops: paranoia over.

Why have I never been in here before?? I'm a FTSC!!

Liz, the Hook effect is when your HCG levels have become so high they either don't register on a pg test (false negative) or give the faintest of lines. It can be read darker on a test if the urine is diluted with water xx

Rach: I'm glad you found the scardicats! It's a great group. :hugs: Thanks for explaining the hook effect.

Snuffles- Glad you took a few more tests and it eased your mind :)

Banana- sorry about not feeling good. At least you're at home and not at school. HOpefully it passes by tomorrow so you don't have to feel sick at work. Did you end up telling the ladies you work with? I think I remember you saying you might have to tell them because of how you've been feeling lately.

Kismet- :hugs: sorry you're achy. I hope you feel better soon.

Cake- Welcome! :wave:

Well ladies, I'm having some spotting right now and I'm terrified. It's a brown/orange color and I only see it when I wipe. I'll update you ladies on which way it goes.

Cake, welcome :flower:

Snuffles,so sorry you're having such a stressful few days :hugs: Just remember that brown spotting really is nothing to be worried about most of the time, and 5 weeks is a common time for implantation spotting. Try and get some rest lovely and take your mind off things if you can :hugs:

Annaki, happy lime day :thumbup: That really is quite big! I think we're planning on emailing our scan pic whilst we're on the phone to our parents, then asking casually if they've checked their emails...then waiting for the penny to drop!

Kismet, glad you managed to get out of the house for a bit lovely :hugs: Keep resting up and letting DH take care of you :hugs:

Luvbug, thankyou :hugs: Still not told anyone at work, decided to try and hold out a bit longer if possible...but we'll see how that goes!

I'm a sweetpea today :thumbup: Nice to finally be out of the seeds - they seem to last forever!

Thanks for the welcomes ladies :) I still find it funny seeing 'welcome cake', alls I can think of now is eating cake!!!
Liz I was confused by it a while ago and done a bit of googling :)
Snuffles, try not to worry too much, spotting during the early weeks can be quite normal, my mum spotted a lot when pregnant with both me and my brother. If it does get any heavier or becomes a more blood red then I'd suggest going the emergency room.
It's nice to see a 'room' full of so many BFPs :) congrats ladies!!
X

Well after numerous tears out of fear and scared of going to the bathroom, my spotting has stopped :D

You know I'm the ultra spotter here snuffles - has happened to me MANY times. Longest was for 4 days. Try and not panic - although that makes me a total git because I'm the biggest freaker-out ever. Can you contact an EPU? I was told in early pg it is so so so common and more women have it than don't. It will likely tail-off. Mine went brown, orange, tan and rose pink and I'm still plodding alone at 9 weeks now. Apparently the embryo is still diggin in and this can cause bleeding - can also be breakthrough bleeding from when your period should be due, cervical erosion and just general bleeding from your blood-infused vaginal tissues. Stay strong, thinking of you - I know how it feels to fear loo roll!! :hugs:

Welcome Cake! :howdy: and :dust: to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->