The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Annaki: the blood is like a red orange color being more on the orange side.

My mom won't take me because she says I'm over analyzing it and that it's normal because she had the same thing happen every month during her pregnancies. And that I would know if I was having a miscarriage because it would be very painful and I would be bleeding heavily and since I'm not there is no reason to take me. Besides her bf and OH have already left for work and her bf takes the car. I would take public transit but the lady told me not to do excessive walking or exercise and to do a bed rest type thing for a couple of days.

And I honestly don't know how I should feel. I know I should be scared, but I'm not. I know I should have hope that baby is okay which I do. But I just feel numb inside.

Och Snuffles :hugs: you're having a tough wee time. My spotting has always been brown or pink so I can't really advise with the clot side of things but I know a lot of girls have had clots caused by a wee haematoma where the baby is snuggling down into your uterus lining. It's a really good sign if it's tailing off. If it's getting better rather than worse then I'd be v positive. I know it's so difficult not to be - you don't really know how to feel huh. If you don't have any cramps or any left or right side sharp pains then that's also good.

I definitely agree with the girls about speaking to someone sooner though. The 5th is a looong weight when you're anxious. I know the US system is totally different - we can (in the UK) drop in or call and early pregnancy unit. Can you not turn up at A&E? I've heard a few US girls do that and they end up getting a scan. TBH I know sod-all about how the US health insurance system works so I'm really probably not the best one to ask about it. If you're really stuck for advise I also recommend the NHS direct web pages - they're v informative. Keep us updated snuffles. We're all here from you (as you can tell!) :flower:

Oh Snuffles, I wish I lived near you and could give you a lift myself :nope: You poor thing, I'm not surprised you don't know how to feel as you've got no one to clarify the situation for you. I'll keep everything crossed that things are ok with your little bean :hugs::hugs:

Annaki, you poor thing! :hugs: Hope you've been able to take it a bit easy for the rest of the day?

Thanks Banana :-( No been at work all afternoon! Reckon I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!

Snuffles- I commented in your journal, but I will here too. I hope everything is ok. :hugs:

Annaki- ouchie! When I first found out I was preg... I was getting in the shower one morning ( the night before dh had rubbed my feet with some lotion ) and I slipped, but I didn't fall, but it hurt my uterus area SOOOOOOO bad because of the sudden stretch I did. Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow!

Banana- That's how I felt, if I wasn't eating I started feeling sick.

I've had a bad bleed ladies - last night I went to the loo and when I wiped there was bright red blood. Nothing in my pad overnight but I'm waiting from a call from the EPU to be seen today hopefully. No cramps or clots so far but I'm so so scared :cry:

Aww Sooz, , major :hugs: glad you've got in touch with the epu. Keeping everything crossed and sending you positive vibes xx

Oh Sooz! I'm so sorry to hear that. Wishing you so much love and luck for today, I'll be thinking of you :hugs:

Sooz – so sorry to hear you have had another bleed. Im thinking of you and praying everything is ok with your little bean!! :hugs:

Snuffles – sorry to hear what you have been going through im also praying everything is ok with your little bean and fingers crossed its just been implantation bleeding!! :hugs:

CC – How are you hun? Hope your ok :hugs:

Kismet – big :hugs: I am so sorry for what you have been through this month hun but like some of the other ladies have said, at least your body CAN do what you want it to and I hope that gives you some hope for future cycles.

Banana - how are you? Have you gained 5 stone yet?? That really made me :haha:LOL! Hope your feeling a wee bit better!

Annaki – hope your ok? What a fright you must have got but im so glad the midwife was nice to you and put your mind at ease and I hope your not too sore today! I fell on my back and really damaged my coccyx a few months back and it was the most painful thing ever. Had to sit on a rubber ring :blush:

Mrs. Luvbug – I love your new profile pic!! :happydance:

Jo4nn4 – time is flying by how exciting that your in 3rd tri now!! Not long!! I really hope your wee one arrives before Christmas!! :winkwink:

Really sorry if I have missed anyone ladies!! There was a lot to catch up on!

AFM I have kind of been quietly lurking but as I am having a NTNP month didnt wanna fuel my obsession if I could help it! I am off on holiday tomorrow. Really looking forward to some sun!! Will get back on the TTC train when I get back. By that point we will have hit the 2 year mark for ttc :cry:.

I hope your all well and thinking of you ladies having a terrible time just now xxx

Got a scan at 12.10 today. Bleeding now dark brown. I'm terrified. Thankyou for being there girls.

Glad you have a scan so quickly, praying all is okay for you. Please let us know how you get on. Massive :hugs:

Oh, geeze Sooz! :hugs: Sending huge hugs, prayers and healthy bean thoughts. I hope your scan goes well. :hugs:

Mojo - 2 years TTC? :wacko: I don't know how you do it. I'm flaming out after 2 months! :hugs:

They think my cervix is bleeding. I have a v big erosion on it. Scan showed no reason why I should be bleeding. Baby measuring perfect for dates and heart still beating strong. I'm feeling pretty terrified still and really really shaken. Please stick little bean :cry:

Much love to all my Scardicat girls :hugs:

AwwSooz, that is great about the bean. So pleased that the heartbeat is good and strong :hugs:

Sooz: I'm so glad to hear that the little bean is still going strong. :hugs: What does it mean that you have an erosion on your cervix? What would cause this and what can be done?

Annaki, hope you're not too sore and bruised today! :hugs:

Mojo, hope you have a wonderful holiday - you certainly deserve it :hugs: And try not to lose hope,sometimes things happen when you least expect them :hugs:

Sooz, so sorry you've had another scare :hugs: I had cervical erosions while I was on the pill, and they went once I stopped taking it. I bled lots in between periods due to them, and bled after smears too. I know it's scary, but they are very normal and I think are often a reaction to hormone levels changing. I was wondering if mine may come back during pregnancy, and you may have answered my question! Stay strong lovely :hugs:

Has anyone heard from Snuffles?

AFM, I felt AWFUL yesterday. I wanted to vomit from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed, and cried more than once in desperation! I don't think it helped that I had a hospital appointment in the morning for my joints and they were really late, and I ended up going for about 3 hours without food or water (and I'd barely eaten or drunk anything since dinner the night before anyway). Anyway, it all resulted in a monster migraine at the hospital and my veins being extremely uncooperative during my blood test :nope: I had a little sob to the nurse taking my blood, who was very sweet bless her, then had to go back to school and get through the afternoon. Luckily, my lovely TA took the kids for half an hour whilst I sat outside the room in the quiet! I do wonder if she might have guessed I'm preggers, but not sure. Feeling a bit better today, managed to eat more and just trying to make sure I constantly have something in my tummy (even ate a cracker at 2am this morning!). Worried about how long I'm going to be able to hide things at work, but guess I just have to take it one day at a time.

:hugs: to everyone xxx

Mojo- Thanks :) I had to make sure that I put that I was pregnant with #1 because with two pics I didn't want to freak anyone into thinking all the sudden it was two! BUT that's the only picture I had at the moment. 2 years trying?! That's awesome that you're staying strong though. I was so upset after the first month I think I would have given up if I waited any longer. But like Banana said... things tend to happen when you least expect!

Annaki- How are you feeling today?!

Banana- It's amazing how much not eating can wreck you! I ended up keeping a box of crackers by my bed for the first couple weeks because I would wake up starving and if I waited until breakfast I was so incredibly hungry that I couldn't keep up with it and felt crappy all day. MY hunger has died down now.... or maybe I know how to control it. I mean I'm still hungry all the time, but usually if I wait a little bit then I'm ok. I've been snacking on healthy things too so that even if I am eating a lot at least it's not chips and cookies etc. About the 5 stone.... I'm not sure how much 5 stone is haha... we go by pounds here. But as you probably saw I had my miniature freak out because I've gained a couple pounds. And bam no more snacking on chips and such for me haha. I mean every now and then yes because it's good to feed your cravings sometimes. But more apple sauce and granola bars!

Sooz- phew!! I am so glad to hear that everything with your bean is ok. I mean that's not so good about the bleeding cervix but yay for your bean. STICK BEAN STICK! Did I tell you that my doctor said that once you see the yolk sac and hear the heartbeat and such and know that everything is there that should be, your chances of a mc go down to like 10%?! Somewhat reassuring!

Hope everyone is doing ok! :hugs: to you all!

AFM- I'm feeling good for the most part except I am always tired. I mean ALWAYS. I was ready for bed at 7:30pm last night lol. I could go for a nap right now! I don't even feel like cooking which is creating a bad habit of DH and I eating out. I told him hopefully in my second tri it stops because we need to stop eating out so much! My sore bbs have eased up which is nice... they're still a little sore but not as bad as before. Before I couldn't even take my bra off! I just feel little flutters in my uterus area... probably gas bubbles or something, but reminds me my little bean is there. I have only a short time left in my first tri! I am not going to be able to hide this from work for much longer haha. I am going to tell my boss after my 12 week apt which is on 10/8

Mojo, hope you have a great holiday.

Banana - sorry you felt so rough, I can imagine how hard I must be to hide it from your TA.

Luvbug - not long until your scan date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->