The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Hello everyone, I am very achy today! Ouch! Was very shook up yesterday. It's scary to think I could have hurt the baby :cry:

Snuffles...Hope you are ok chick. let us know how everything is xxx

Luvbug...I am so very tired too..can't wait for this energy spurt we are supposed to get in 2nd trimester! I have my 12 week apt and scan 4th of October :)

Banana...hope you feel better soon :hugs: I am thinking people are guessing with me at work as I can't do a lot of manual handling at work. And I also have been eating loads! I am so hungry. Really need to curb it!

Sooz..hope it's nothing to worry about and it settles soon :hugs:

Mojo...have a lovely holiday x

Trying & Kismet...hope you two are well :)

CC...Let us know how you are getting on. Miss you on here!

So sorry if I have missed anyone! xxx

Mrs.luvbug, 1stone = 14lbs so 5 stone is like 70lbs :-/

Me too Liz, I hope she's ok!

Afm, I'm suffering from a cold boo hoo xx

I'm really worried about Snuffles too :nope:

Annaki, you poor thing! Lots of gentle hugs coming your way :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Luvbug, do you have a little bump yet? Glad you're generally feeling better :thumbup: I'm struggling to eat healthy foods the last few days, as nearly everything is making me want to hurl, but just focusing for now on managing to eat anything and get it to stay down, and then I'll concentrate on making healthy choices once the nausea improves! I've not eaten dreadfully today, but have had 4 ginger biscuits and some chips (fries), so not ideal!

Cake, boo to your horrid cold! It's that time of year isn't it, the kids at school are dropping like flies!

Trying and Kismet, lots of :hugs: lovely ladies. Hope you're ok xxx

Sorry Kismet, forgot to answer your question! I was going to tell her today, but couldn't catch her on her own for longer than about 30 seconds without someone interrupting! So will try tomorrow, but it could be an ongoing battle! :haha:

I know I suppose I'm quite lucky in the fact that I've not had a cold in like 4 years... I've probably only picked this one up because I was on antibiotics for a uti and OH came home from school with a cold boooo xx

Worried about snuffles too :hugs:

And CC, hope you're okay too mrs? Know you sometimes lurk, thinking about you xx

Thanks for the clarification cake!

Annaki- yay! We're only about a week apart! how exciting :-D

Banana- You know, I try to eat healthy most of the time.... there are days that I just can't because it's not curbing my appetite! And I feel like I'm starving so I have to cheat sometimes haha... today would be that day haha. I hope you're feeling better soon! And hopefully you can tell your TA soon with no interruptions haha.

Kismet- You know... I complain a lot about being tired... mainly because I am the type of person that needs a TON of sleep... and I know that's something I'm going to have to give up when baby comes. But you know, I wouldn't take any of my symptoms back for the world. I am so excited for what is to come. SO If I need to be tired...so be it haha. I do take naps... I've always taken them and now I have more of a reason to haha. Do you not sleep well normally?

I hope all you ladies are doing ok... especially those we haven't heard from for a little bit- CC and Snuffles.

Snuffles - I really hope all is well. Pop in here or your journal and let us know you're OK if you can :hugs:

Mojo - Hope you have a fantastic holiday! Where are you going? Can you get more help from your doctor once you hit 2 years TTC?

Sooz - How's things? I'm so glad bean is still OK in there. I'm sure it'll be fine. Do you have any follow ups or anything or just keep an eye on it?

Banana - Argh I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so pukey. Hopefully it was just because you hadn't been able to eat/drink enough and you won't feel that bad again. Crackers next to the bed is a good idea!

Luvbug - I hope you get a bit more energy soon! It's a tiredness like no other isn't it?! I was still exhausted throughout 2nd tri but it was more in a, I've been working out all day or something type way rather than the comatose sort of tiredness I had in 1st tri. Not long 'til your 12 week appointment now, how exciting!!

Annaki - I hope you're OK, I'm sure baby is fine in there but I can see why it frightened you :hugs:

CakeCottage - Bleugh, me too - cold season, yuck!

AFM - I've had my glucose tolerance test and am now just waiting for the results - due today in fact. I had a great big shopping spree yesterday in Inverness (our nearest city) and just about finished our Christmas shopping. I'm a control freak at the best of times but need to be super organised this year! It was lovely but hard going as literally every single person who served me in every single shop I went in decided to tell me about their/some woman they know's birth story from hell. I must have heard about 15 horrible labours yesterday and it was really hard. Brace yourselves ladies, once you start showing you'll need a thick skin :cry:

I really haven't a clue where Snuffles is and I'm really worried about her. She's silent on her Journal and LOADS of messages are there for her. Let us know if you're OK Snuffles! :nope:

I think CC is taking some time-out. She said she would pop on intermittently.

Banana - reach for the ginger snaps! They're great for settling nausea and for nibbling. I also drank peppermint tea:coffee: when I was feeling mega lousy mid trimester.

Annaki - Don't worry -you're little bubba is very well protected in its wee bubble and in your uterus. There's loads of padding there so try and not stress too much. There are women that have car accidents etc when pregnant and they are fine. Keep calm and carry on!

Luvbug - I know the tiredness can be crippling. There are some days when I come back from work that I just want to go straight to bed. I struggle to be social and to even converse at times because I'm so sleepy. I too am awaiting the second trimester energy burst!

Kismet and Trying - how's your cycles going this time?

Cake - fluids and paracetamol and lots of cuddles from your OH - nurse's orders!! :thumbup:

JO - Let us know how you get on with your GTT. Were your sugar levels high or are you just measuring big for dates?

AFM - Bleeding has settled - now intermittent brown. I do feel doomed at times and I'm feeling a bit traumatised. Next scan is 17th Oct - I just want to be free of stress until then! The lady at the EPU was a bit snippy telling me that I can't have any more US scans until then due to the unknown risks. This has stressed me a bit as I thought - but what do I do if this happens again?! Urgh, I'm not having fun :nope:
It sucks but I woke up with what I think is thrush in my mouth - sore tongue - feels a bit "slimey" (ew) and there's like white bits coming off it. I guess it's a trip to the chemist on the way home from me...

Big hugs to all and thanks for always being such a smashing bunch of girls.:kiss:

GTT came back clear! I did have an elevated white blood count though so I've just been and given them a urine sample as they think I have a UTI. They asked if I've been peeing more or crampy round there and I was like well yes, I'm pregnant :dohh: but really, really chuffed about the GTT.

Sooz - I had no signs but as I'm overweight I had to have it as part of my standard battery of tests :( I'm sorry to hear you're feeling traumatised but that's totally understandable. Ignore the snippy lady, I'm sure if you need help in the future they'll give it to you :hugs:

Great news about your test, Jo4nn4 :thumbup: That must be a big relief! Hearing all the horror stories doesn't sound fun though, hope you're feeling a bit better about it all today :hugs:

Sooz, ignore the horrid lady, she sounds mean! Glad the bleeding is tailing off now, and I'll will the next few weeks to go by really quickly for you :thumbup:

I told my lovely TA today about my little bean, and she was so sweet. She did say she had wondered, so I was obviously right in my suspicions that she may have guessed! So glad to have told her and to not have to struggle to hide how grotty I feel 24/7 from now on.

banana- yay for telling your TA! That'll make things much easier!

Sooz- I'm not quite sure what thrush is but sounds terrible!!! Icky!!

Jo- oohhh the glucose test! I've hard about that!!!

I hope snuffles is ok!

CC too!

I'm missing snuffles :-(

Sooz: nurses orders have been followed, been dosed up on paracetamol and drank lots of fluids! As for the barky lady, ignore her... If you feel you need to be seen by a medical professional then you should see one. She shouldn't be in her profession if she can't be professional!!

Banana: yay for telling your TA :)

Jo4nn4: glad the tests went well for you!

Liz: glad AF is going for you! Hope your mums appointment went ok!

AFM: 2dpo and my cold is being relentless... I'm constantly blowing my nose :-( hope it doesn't compromise my chances this month?!
X

Thanks Liz, the headache is horrendous... Right above my eyes where my sinuses are... I had a sinus infection at the start of the year during hayfever season and it feels the same as that but with the added bonus of a blocked/runny nose and the lethargic feeling!! I really hope it doesn't affect them too... Paracetamol is what us strange British call Tylenol or acetaminophen... The only reason I know the USA/Canadian name for is is because my mum goes to America or Canada at least twice a year and brings me a big jar of them home!

Jo: I can't wait to be pregnant and showing just so that when people assume I'm pregnant and start telling me their horrific labour stories, I can embarrass them and tell them I'm not actually pregnant and im just fat just to shut them up hehe. Seriously why do people feel the need to freak pregnant women out with horrible birth stories, as if pregnancy wasn't a scary time for a woman anyway? :shrug: xx

Yep it seems to be pretty normal behaviour. What really astounds me is that it's often women telling me their own stories so they've obviously been pregnant and should know what it's like. I swear I will never, ever do that once the baby's born.

Cakecottage - haha yeah that would be so funny! I wish I had the balls to do something like that, as it is I just smile and nod. I'm too polite for my own good!

Still no sign of Snuffles. I'm really worried about her. CC, if you read this I'm thinking of you too!

AFM, had a heartwarming moment with OH last night as he was rubbing my belly and I realised he was actually asleep! Bless him. It makes me so happy as I was always the one pushing to move our TTC date up so worried I was happier about our little accident than he was :cloud9:

JO - I've been told by so many to go by your own experience and not others. I think some women LOVE to scare-monger - I'm really not sure why but I think it's sometimes I power-trippy thing. "THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU...ARE YOU SCARED!!". There are SO many positive stories out there it's just that women lap up all the horrific ones. I've seen lots of lovely births and lots of women with newborns delighted by their birth experiences. A lot of it is also about expectation too I guess. Your story about your OH is SOOOO cute...nearly had a wee teary moment!

Kismet - That's so weird about paracetamol - I thought it was a worldwide bog-standard painkiller! Good luck for this cycle.

Luvbug - I think you guys call thrush a "yeast infection"? I'm assuming you call it that when it's in your mouth as well (like mine) and not just when it's in your muff :haha:

Cake - Have you tried methol steaming? I swear by it when my sinuses are hellish. Even sitting in a steamy shower can do a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->