The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Banana- so sorry that you're not feeling well. I luckly haven't had much MS fx'd haha. BUt they say to not let your stomach get completely empty because that makes it worse. I noticed a couple weeks into it, if I did let my stomach go completely empty I'd feel super sick.

Emma- Welcome :wave:
Lots of :dust: going your way. I think we have a pretty lovely bunch here and there's always room for new scardicats!

Jo- Yay for changing! I knew that there wasn't enough fruit on that little ticker for it to change each week. SO now I know when I get to egg plant- I don't change for 3 weeks! boo haha. I pretty much log on here each Friday morning before work just to see what fruit baby is!

Kismet- oooohhhhh fx'd for you! I really hope you get your bfp soon!

annaki- I almost freaked when I read about egg haha. I can't give up ice cream or frozen yogurt haha. I just can't.

Snuffles- yay for your appointment!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Welcome Emma! Of course there's room for another Scardicat, the more the merrier. Everyone here is lovely and I've made some really good friends. Yes a lot of us already have our bfps but have stuck around gatecrashing as we like it here :haha: Good luck and lots of :dust: to you!

Snuffles - yay new fruit day soon! Is it a blueberry next?

Banana - yuck, I hope you feel better soon. Gaviscon has been an absolute lifesaver for me, I get it prescribed. I'm in Scotland though so get my prescriptions for free, so it might be cheaper for you to just buy it. I have multiple bottles so I can keep one in the house, one in the car, one in my handbag... :dohh:

Annaki - mmmm, a whole tub of Haagen Daz! I got in a massive strop with OH the other day for eating my Ben and Jerry's even though I had another tub. I wanted all of it :haha:

Kismet - how odd! I think it certainly wouldn't do any harm to start the OPKs now.

Luvbug - I know, I only have another 2 fruits after this for the whole of the rest of my pregnancy :( I loved it changing over on a Sunday. You have lots of excitement before then though!

AFM - baby is bigger and wrigglier than ever! It's been moving non stop lately and is starting to get to the stage where it's too big for lots of big kicks and I'm feeling more rolls and wriggles. Yesterday it stuck a foot out and I could push it back in. It did it a few times after so I wonder if it was playing or getting annoyed with me moving it from its comfy spot? :haha: I can't wait for you ladies to start feeling your babies move, it's the most amazing experience of my life so far. For those of you who are a bit further on you'll probably only be waiting a few weeks! I felt my first flutters at around 14 weeks but wasn't 100% sure they were baby until a couple of weeks after that.

Also Sooz, you haven't been around since your scare/scan, are you OK?

CC and Mojo too, not seen you in a while, if you're lurking :hugs: to you.

Morning ladies :)
Welcome Emma :)
Hope everyone is ok?

Banana I forgot if your in the UK? If you are you get free prescriptions if you have your maternity exemption card so get to that GP ASAP!! :rofl:

Aww luvbug, 2 more fruits and you have a baba!!!

Afm: I'm feeling pretty lousy today!! I'm not ill, just feel fed up and frustrated!! TTC is just too hard!! X

Oh yeah, I forgot everyone gets free prescriptions when they're pregnant :dohh: I got an exemption card but it's free in Scotland anyway so I don't know why they bother :shrug:

:hugs: to you cake, I hope you feel better soon. Not long 'til testing this month!

Thanks Mrs.L, I'm not feeling overly confident this month at all!! Xx

Fx'd for you Cake and all you other TTC-ers! We are due another BFP very soon x

Jo4nn4...You felt the baby at 14 weeks? Wow that's early isn't it. Was telling Hubs we wouldnt feel it until 20 odd weeks. Is it a bit freaky? I'm sure it's lovely, but is it not weird feeling at all?

I definitely wasn't sure it was baby then! Only in hindsight do I know it was haha. It kinda felt like wind to begin with and didn't happen very often. I wasn't sure I was feeling it until about 16 weeks and not long after that I started getting kicks too. My midwife asked me at my 16 week appointment if I'd felt it yet and didn't seem surprised at all when I said yes - it was earlier than I was expecting too, particularly as I'm not exactly slim. OH felt it from the outside the night of my 20 week scan at 20+2 and I've had movement every day since around then. I started being able to see it (a bit) from the outside at around 23 weeks but it's unmistakeable now. You can see it through my top/at a reasonable distance, it's embarrassing when I'm out and my belly's just jiggling of it's own accord!

It's surprisingly unweird actually and you just sort of go with the flow. It becomes normal very quickly. I did think it would freak me out a bit but it didn't at all! It's lovely and I really feel like I'm bonding with baby - particularly now it pushes against me or responds to me prodding and poking. It's surprising how much you feel like you know it or it has its own little personality. Obviously I knew/imagined I would love my unborn baby but I didn't anticipate this feeling like I 'know' it, if that makes sense?

Kismet - not a weird question at all! They've certainly been a bit uncomfortable at times and I'm anticipating that getting worse as baby gets even bigger and turns head down so I get it full force in the ribs. I've had rib kicks a few times so far but not much as it still moves around quite a lot. I had one night where it seemed determined to burrow right into my spine and was resting right on my sciatic nerve which was pretty uncomfortable - it's getting quite heavy now. The worst thing at the moment though is that I don't dare let myself need a wee *too* much as one swift kick to the bladder when I need to go anyway is enough to make me pee myself :dohh: :haha:

FX for you having a nice long LP again this month!

Jo, yup I get to be a blueberry next :D. I can't wait to feel the baby kick, I bet it's just so amazing.

Kismet: FX'D you get another long LP.

Rach: Keeping the hope alive for you:flower:

AFM: I feel absolutely terrible, nausea sucks. I have a feeling I'll feel like absolute crap at my interview tomorrow. On the plus side three more days til my appointment :happydance:

Heylo lovely girls!

I've been here reading all your stories - I've just been taking a time-out. Since I had that big bleed I've felt pretty traumatised. It was so frightening that I still get scared at times. I guess I'm the chronic-spotter and need to accept it. I've spent some time reassuring other women who are spotting in v early weeks like I was. First trimester has not been fun for me. I'm feeling pretty sick and I didn't think it was humanly possible to be this tired :cry: 2 weeks tomorrow until my 12 week scan (I'll be 12+4).

For those of you who are preggers and feeling lousy - :hugs: try and think of it as temporary and a good sign of your body working hard. Annaki and Luvbug - you guys are nearly out the evil 1st trim! Lucky girls! Banana and snuffles, hang in there, i know how slow time will be going for you.

Jo- I love reading your posts! It's like "what's to come"! Sounds like a lovely time - it's something only you and your wee one wil only ever experience. A very special time to share. It's funny but it's one thing my SIL said she missed after she gave birth to my niece. She loved the special connection that only she and baby had. Enjoy every moment. So chuffed for you and your tinsel/holly/Santa baby!

All you egg-brewers - how's your cycles going? Having been hoping so much to see some new BFPs! I'm always rooting for you all! Stay strong and I hope you're not feeling under too much strain with it all. Welcome Emma - the Scardicats always welcome newbies!

Baby and sticky dust to all my awesome Scardicat buddies :dust:

No, OH doens't get paid til Friday so I'm just dealing with it.

JO- I just love reading your posts haha. LIke sooz said it's like getting a heads up on what is to come! I tend to hold my pee too long too so I need to kick that habit real quick haha... I don't need to be peeing myself!

Sooz- sorry you're having a rough time. YOu only have a couple more weeks left of your first tri too! Hopefully it'll get better. I too didn't know it was possible to be this tired. I literally don't want to do anything. I could probably sleep all day every day! But like you said, it's our bodies doing it's work!

Banana and snuffles- I'm sorry you two aren't feeling well! I hope the MS goes away soon! Sounds like no fun!

Kismet- That's right.. sorry, it's hard to keep up with everyone sometimes! Are you feeling good emotionally though?! I know last month was hard, so just want to make sure you're doing ok :hugs:

Hope you all are doing wonderfully- and hope those of you we haven't seen for a little while are doing ok! :hugs: and :dust: to all!

AFM I have almost finished my cupcake picks. I need to get some of them in the mail tomorrow to my brother.... oh gosh it's getting so close to telling everyone.
I am REALLY missing cookie dough and subway. Like REALLY REALLY badly haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->