The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Oh Honeybee, sounds like you've had a rubbish time of it - so glad you're starting to feel a bit better now :hugs: Yay for your 12 week scan :happydance: Here's hoping that the next 28 weeks or so go much more smoothly for you :hugs: My eating is very hit and miss, Saturday I just couldn't face anything, whereas yesterday I could face some foods but not necessarily keep them down! Haven't been sick since yesterday lunch time though, so hoping the spewing was a short-lived extra to the nausea!

Luvbug, I love my cuddle time too! Just think, soon you'll have a gorgeous little newborn to snuggle when OH is working nights :thumbup:

Banana - there's a really nice juice that you can heat up that's a bit like mulled wine. I've got some in the fridge, I'll go and have a look... It's Copella (the ones that do the posh apple juice) and it's called Winter Warmer. I've been drinking it loads lately as the cold weather means the mulled wine cravings are already here :haha: Sainsbury's also have a good own brand one, a red grape and spices or something, it's in their chilled section.

Honeybee - Yay you're here! Sorry to hear you've been feeling so rough but glad you're a bit better now. Great news that your scan went well too - your due date is the day before my birthday! I haven't had any Braxton Hicks yet, in fact I posted a thread about it the other day as I was a bit worried :haha: Lots of ladies said they'd never had them at all though so that's put my mind at ease.

Luvbug - Aw, I'd miss my OH if he worked away too. So does he work nights or have to get up mega early in the morning?

AFM - had my flu and whooping jabs today at my mums and babies and pregnant ladies coffee morning. It was good and there was lots of tiny little babies there! My baby always moves loads when I see babies, even if it's just on the telly. I mentioned it to my midwife and she said it's a hormonal thing. I like to think baby's saying it wants to come out and play :haha: I also had a breastfeeding class and we had a pretend baby and knitted boobs to play with. All suddenly getting very real!

Hi ladies just checking in quickly to say hello and hope your all well!! I am off work today im really nauseous and no appetite. Im soo tired so just been having a lazy day. Will try catch up with you all soon xx

Jo- he works overnights- leaves when I go to bed and comes back after I've gone to work. I'll get used to it. I've just been really spoiled lol.

hey everyone. thi is my fisrt time tring to convieve ! :winkwink:
well let get down right to it lol
my last period was September 13 2012 and my fiance and i have had unprotected sex on 23rd,24th,25,&26th of the september.
i was supposed to get my period on the 8th of October, but didnt recieve it.
on the 16th of october, i had gooey light brown stuff(im guessing blood)
in my under wear. i the next i had dark brown/dark red spotting which turned into a lightish almost periodd like flow for 2days then stopped completely. the next 2 days i had SUPER LIGHT PINK spotting which i wouldve missed if i hadnt been looking but only when i wiped. since then my boobs have been really heavy, and tender. my nipples are driving me crazy with pain. reently my lower back has been really achey and ive been noticing ive been a little tired. also something new... very prominent green veins showed up on my chest and boobs and have stayed. and a weord thing is theyre more prominent in the night time? all i know is itss very uncomortable for me to sleep with this boob and nipple pain.
ive tested 3 times and all bfn?s(i think thats how you say it)
has anone had anything similar happen to them or could anyone tell me if i could possibly be pregnant?

xemonsterx, I agree with Kismet, a doctor's visit is the only way of knowing for sure. Good luck! :thumbup:

Jo4nn4, thanks for the drink recommendations, they sound yummy! Your comment about the knitted boobs really made me giggle :haha: Glad the coffee morning was good!

Mojo, big hugs :hugs::hugs: Take care of yourself, and make sure you get yourself to the docs if it doesn't improve.

Kismet, big hugs for you too :hugs::hugs: Are you still waiting to hear about OH? Hope the storm doesn't affect you too badly, and you're stocked up on supplies!

AFM, I'm off work again today. Went to the docs yesterday after more dramatic spewing yesterday morning, and they prescribed me an anti-sickness tablet to take. I've not been sick since starting it, just retching but at least the food and drink is staying down! Going to try and get myself hydrated today, and hopefully get back to work tomorrow. In better news, I'm now a lime :happydance: Seems very big!

Hi ladies, sorry its been a while since I checked in... I decided that with my 'new relaxed approach to TTC' that I should take some time away from BnB as I was starting to obsess (I'm sure we've all been guilty of that ha!) so I took a little time away (plus I had a week off with OH and it was my birthday so we were a bit busy).
Anyways I'm not sure what I've missed in all honesty!!
I'm not sure where I am in regards to dpo or if I even did O this month but AF is due on the 5th Nov!
Hope everyone is well! X

Kismet, glad the storm didn't cause too much damage for you guys :thumbup: How frustrating that OH still hasn't heard back though! I'm glad that despite all the chaos around you you've managed to begin Operation Baby Storm (love the name!). Lots of dust coming your way :dust::dust::dust:

Cake, lovely to hear from you! Glad you've managed to relax a bit and spend some time with OH. Lots of dust for you too! :dust::dust::dust:

AFM, still at home. Feel like I should be back at work and feel really guilty, but at the same time just can't see how it would work :nope: I was really sick again yesterday lunchtime, and spent all evening from about 5pm dry heaving :nope: Getting food down is a mission, and I then spend hours lying as still as I can on the sofa trying not to bring it back up! 'Morning' sickness really is the most ridiculous name!! Still, keep trying to remind myself this is all for a good cause and will be worth it in the end!

Mojo - Aw I hope you feel much better soon :hugs:

Luvbug - no I don't think that's spoiled, that sounds horrible. I bet you miss him loads :(

xemonsterx - I agree with Kismet, I think you should go to the doctor for a blood test. Those symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms but it's best get anything else ruled out. Mention that you suspect you might be pregnant and they can test for that too. Good luck!

Banana - you poor thing, double sickness! It sounds awful. Don't feel bad about missing work, you wouldn't be much good to them as you are anyway :haha: You've probably had reams and reams of advice and are sick of it but have you tried travel sickness bands? I didn't have any actual vomiting but lots of nausea and they enabled me to enjoy my two week holiday with flights/boats trips etc in early pregnancy (bad timing on our part, that one :dohh:)

Kismet - argh I really hope you get some good news soon. Keep yourself safe :hugs:

Cake - good to hear from you. I totally understand why you've needed a bit of a break. Lots of :dust: to you!

AFM - little news here, busy with work but here is what I'm wearing today:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=505983&stc=1&d=1351692331

Happy Halloween!

Attachments

• 2012-10-31-13.38.20.jpg
    2012-10-31-13.38.20.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 37
Jo4nn4, I LOVE the t-shirt - it really has made my day! :thumbup: Thanks for the advice, I tried them a while ago when I was just feeling sick, but should probably try them again now! As for work, I gave in and said I'll be off for the rest of the week, and I feel much happier for doing so. Just going to concentrate on resting and trying to eat, and nothing else!

I do miss him a lot when he's gone. And even though it's when I'm sleeping.... it still sucks haha.
I've been having times where I gag.... it's driving me nuts. Not only when I'm brushing my teeth, I can just be sitting here and I feel like I'm going to gag... then I do, and even some dry heaves at some point. Ick. I have no idea what is causing it, but it's not plesant.

Banana- so sorry you're not feeling better yet. But like you said... it's all for a good cause ( just keep reminding yourself that :) )

Cake- so good to hear from you :dust: :dust: I hope something comes about from your relaxed approach!

Kistmet- :dust: :dust: :dust:

Thanks ladies :) I daren't hope that the relaxed approach has worked this cycle but I needed the break to stop myself obsessing... I've not done anything towards TTC this month apart from bd!! No bbt or charting, no conceive plus, no OPKs... I haven't even been taking my prenatals!!
Congrats on the twins news banana :)
Kismet I hope this is your month
Jo, how adorable is that Tshirt!!!
I've probably missed a few out but I've not caught up properly yet sorry!
xx

Kismet, not sure about ginger tablets, I'll have to investigate! Sorry your sleep is still so crappy :hugs: Insomnia really is the worst. Hope you had fun with baby Ryan though, and that Operation Baby Storm made more progress!! :thumbup:

Luvbug, the gagging is horrid, isn't it?! I had a cough last week, and every time I coughed I heaved! It was pretty grim, but kind of comical too :haha:

Cake, you never know - all it takes is one BD at the right time :thumbup:

Morning ladies!!

Jo - I love your Halloween outfit lol!! :winkwink: It’s very cute!! How you feeling??

Banana – glad you have taken the rest of the week off work you need to look after yourself and those two little beans!! Do you mind me asking what they gave you for sickness?? Im a nurse and had hoped the GP would give me some cyclizine or stemetil but she told me to try ginger!! :dohh:

Kismet – sorry to hear about the insomnia :nope: nothing worse!! Good luck with “operation baby storm” sending loads and loads of :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Mrs Luvbug – My OH works a set shift pattern and does do nights quite a lot and I miss him terribly!! So I know how you feel!! :hugs: As for the dry heaves – totally hear you! I have found chewing gum has been helping me.

Cake – September was the first month in 2 years I never used OPKs, timed BD, used preseed, took pretanatals – THE LOT! I was concentrating on my holiday and even drank a fair bit on holiday which is unusual for me as I am not a big drinker. I enjoyed my holiday and decided to get back on the TTC train when I got back. Them BAM – got my BFP!! Sending loads of baby dust and really hope the relaxed approach has worked for you hun!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Sorry if I have missed anyone hope your all ok!!!

AFM I had my first scan on Tuesday we saw the heartbeat and got a fab pic which is pretty clear!! :happydance::happydance: Cant stop looking at it! As for the nausea I am trying the acupuncture bands and ginger biscuits. What I have found to be most helpful is to force myself to eat!! Then I don’t feel as sick its just getting it down my throat thats the problem lol xx

Mojo, yay for your first scan :happydance: So pleased everything is looking good! They put me on cyclizine for the sickness. To be honest though, I'm not sure how well it's worked. I've still been sick whilst taking it, apart from one unpleasant evening where I desperately needed to be but all I could do was heave over the toilet without bringing anything up! I have an appointment at the multiples clinic today and was going to ask whether it's really worth taking or not!

banana- Good luck at your apt! Yah, I've also had a cough and it sometimes turns into dry heaving.

Mojo- oohh maybe I'll have to try the gum chewing. Because it just sucks. I haven't thrown up. It's just a dry heave. gross. haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->