The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Just thought I'd check in ladies, hope you are all ok!

Kismet - sorry you've been feeling so rough, hope you feel better soon.

Miniegg27 - I'm with you on that, I had a lady in work today say "ooh you're getting a bit old arnt you, best get thinking about having babies!" I felt like saying I'm only just 27 FFS!!!

Sooz - hope parents evening went well, OH is a teacher and I know how stressed he gets when it come to parents eve!!

Banana - hope all is well with twinnies!

JO - how exciting, at least if baby does come early it will be cooked enough :)

Afm - I'm around 4 dpo I think, haven't really been tracking my cycle lately!! Eek! X

Good luck Jo! Exciting! First Scardicat baby! Xx

Sooz...try not to worry things will work itself out. I have an apointment at wages on Friday to discuss my Mat leave. Trying to stretch it to a year off but will see what the figures say. The NHS have a very good Mat leave policy. You work for the NHS is it different from England's?

AFM...

We are having a baby boy!!!

We can't wait. All is as it should be and he is doing ok. :) So pleased. More than halfway there now.... :)))))

still pregnant! Waters in tact. Sort of disappointed now. Just setting off home, will update properly later x

Annaki: A boy! :cloud9: How exciting!

Jo: glad you're okay but I can see why you're frustrated. :hugs:

Sooz, I know exactly how you feel. If I hear one more person say one more scary thing about childbirth/pregnancy I'll scream! Most people have been great, but the things some people come out with are shocking! Just think, if it was that awful people wouldn't do it again and again. You'll be fine - and you'll make a great mum. All this worrying shows how much you care :hugs:

Kismet, hope you're feeling a bit better? The situation with your mum sounds so frustrating :hugs:

Jo4nn4, how frustrating! :hugs: I actually squealed when I read your earlier message!

Cake, good luck for this cycle!

Annaki, yay for a boy! :happydance: Has finding out made it much more real? That's 2 boys so far with you and Luvbug - we need to balance it out with some girlies too!

AFM, first parents evening is over - I'm exhausted! One more to go tomorrow, then I can relax a little! Only a week to go 'til my 16 week growth scan - very excited and nervous! I so hope everything looks even growth-wise with the two of them, and it will be so reassuring just to see them again. Twins are exciting, but also very stressful! Also, I'm officially carrying 2 oranges today - woo hoo!

Finally got chance to reply properly!

Kismet - Haha yes a watermelon belly is quite unwieldy :haha: It's a good job I have plenty of padding as I keep bumping it into things - poor baby! I hope things are going better for you now and you've both recovered from your colds :hugs:

Sooz - please don't feel guilty or feel bad for venting here. I know exactly what you mean, I've had many days out and about since I've been pregnant when I've come home in tears due to comments/horrible birth stories etc from strangers. People are dicks, really they are. I won't say take no notice because I know it's not as simple as that but just remember people like to complain and share drama. They're also nosey and generally find pregnancy an excuse to make small talk about something other than the weather for a change. They don't seem to realise it's the 27th time that day you've been asked the same questions. To answer your question, I'm really not sure what we'll do when the time comes, it depends so much on the time of day/weather etc. I have the phone numbers of all the hotels and b&b's near the hospital on my phone and I think that's about all I can do for now. It's driving me crazy not being able to plan, I'm not really the 'wait and see' type but I'm hoping it'll stand me in good stead for the unpredictability of parenting :haha:

Cake - wishing you so much luck and :dust: for this cycle! When will you be testing or will you wait to see if AF shows?

Annaki - Ahh another boy! Huge congratulations! Do you have any names in mind? Will you tell family and friends he's a boy or is that just for you and OH to know?

Banana - Wow, two oranges! That sounds so big already! Do you think you'll be able to find out the gender at your 16 week scan? Good luck with your parents evening tomorrow :hugs:

AFM - will just copy and paste from my journal so some of you may have read this:
Well ladies it turns out it is possible for one to produce so much discharge and general crotch sweat that it appears your waters have gone :sick: I left a big wet patch when I sat on the bed to get dressed this morning and it definitely wasn't pee!

I know it's better safe than sorry but am feeling utterly mortified. They were very nice but I don't exactly relish driving 80 miles each way to be examined (complete with torch shining up my vag :dohh:) and questioned about my various bodily fluids only to be told nothing exciting is happening. But oh well, I've had a bit of a cry on the way home for various reasons (feeling stupid, wasting my/OH's/the hospital's time, disappointment that baby isn't on its way) but am trying to focus on the bright side - when I thought maybe something was happening I felt no fear, just excitement, and now I'm looking forward to meeting my baby and even giving birth more than ever. I just hope I'm not waiting too much longer!

Annaki, Congratulations with your little boy. Have you started to think about names yet?

JO4NN4, Baby will be here soon enough don't worry. XXX

Jo I'm supposed to be due for AF on the 5th Dec but won't test unless she's at least 4 days late... I don't want to be wasting money on tests again ha xx

Hi ladies hope your all doing well. Just a quick update from me. I had my 12 week scan on thu and we were told the baby has a 'prominent' bladder measuring 7mm. She said the baby may just be needing to pee or it could be more serious. I am booked in for another scan next week. They were quite vague with me so I stupidly went online looking for answers and im terrified after finding out about obstructions or chromosome problems. Some people with this problem are advised to terminate their pregnancy. I cant eat or sleep and im just devastated.

Annaki- Yay for a boy! We're both team blue!

Kismet- I'm so happy you finally got the car! And that was really nice of him to pay for your insurance for a year!

Mojo- I'm so sorry. That Dr. Google is a terrible thing haha. I have to force myself to not look things up because otherwise I will think too much into it. I didn't even look anything up when they said the babies neck was tilted wrong because I could only imagine what it said. Hopefully everything is ok and maybe baby just needs to pee! :hugs:

Cake- :dust: for you! Did you do a more relaxed approach or was it planned and timed?

Jo- :hugs: I can't wait for baby to get here!

Banana- Yay for double oranges! Glad to hear that you're doing better! Are you going to find out the genders?

AFM- not much going on here. hit 20 weeks yesterday! Exciting to be half way there. I am getting anxious haha. I am so excited for what is to come! Finally have decided I probably need to get more maternity pants. Although I can fit in my normal jeans, they push on my uterus and it hurts. SO I will begin that adventure soon. Also, I feel like I have been experiencing round ligament pains, which are very uncomfortable! They hurt. So, I'm going to ask my dr. to make sure that's what it is and that it's ok. Otherwise, we're doing great and baby is kicking all the time! Except when DH puts his hand on my tummy of course haha.

Hope all you ladies are doing well!

Mojo I really hope you get good news at your scan. I had to go back for a repeat of my 20 week scan as they couldn't see its heart properly. Hopefully nothing will show up and this is just a precaution. Try not to Google - lots and lots of women have had anomalies on their scans only to have nothing show up on a double check. As Luvbug said something similar happened to her too. Best of luck :hugs:

Kismet - yay for owning a car! The stress and expense begins :haha: it's so worth it though.

Luvbug - how on earth have you held out in normal jeans until now?! I was living in leggings and things from almost immediately and then proper maternity things from about 16 weeks! Congratulations on being half way!

AFM - no news here! Any signs I was having seem to have eased off :( Really uncomfortable now, hands and feet very swollen and hips are really playing up. But I'm trying to make the most of these last days/weeks of being lazy and just watching TV, playing computer games and eating :haha: We're having a Chinese tonight and that's the highlight of my weekend :rofl:

Hope you're all doing really well! Anybody nearly ready for Christmas?

Jo- haha... well I got a belly band. Not sure if you've heard of it, but it's a circular piece of fabric that you can put over your unbuttoned jeans to help keep them up. Nobody knows you're wearing it because it just looks like another undershirt. It works really well, and I still use it with my work pants. I'll still use it with my jeans until I get more maternity pants. My work pants don't bother me like my jeans. They just hurt my uterus so it's getting old lol. I tried to go get some more pants yesterday, but the store I wanted to go to didn't have any! What the heck! So, I gotta find another one. I't s amazing how expensive they can be, that's why I wanted to go to this specific store lol they're cheaper there!

Heylo ladies - sorry for my absence! I've had a stinking cold and been struggling to manage it with a lack of cold remedies and nasal spray! Feeling a lot better now though.

Mojo - best of luck today and let us know how it goes. Thinking of you x

Jo- poor you! Looks like bubs is enjoying the warmth of you and doesn't want to brave the highland weather!! Any sign since your last post? Hope your OH is looking after you!

Luvbug - congrats on your lil' man!! I bought my first maternity dress in the mamas and papas sale! My wardrobe is very quickly shrinking with what I can wear. I can fit things but as you say they're pretty sore on my growing uterus! Have you found any nice maternity stuff? How's about movement?

Kismet - so relieved about your car! One less thing to stress you out! Hope Christmas maybe brings you a bit of special luck this cycle xx

Annaki - congrats on your Lil dude also! Any thoughts about names?

Banana - are you going to find out if your double-troubles are chicks or dudes (or both!)?

Snuffles - how's your TTC journey going?

Cake - any sign of AF? Fingers crossed for a Christmas BFP!

Cc - big hugs to you. Hope you're ok xx

Anyone seen Trying?

AFM - 20 week scan next Tues. we want the senographer to write down the sex and put it in an envelope so we can open it on Christmas Day. Not sure if she'll be willing!

Good luck with your scan today Mojo, I'll be thinking of you :hugs: update us when you can!

Sooz - Aw you poor thing, glad you feel a bit better now! I never thought about stuff like that before I got pg - I thought about missing drinking and smoking :haha: but I've really missed my lemsips and antihistamines when necessary.

I am still very pregnant, getting loads of cramps every night and expect to wake up in the early hours thinking 'this is it' but they always wear off :( My boobs have started leaking like mad and have to wear breast pads in the night now - and I was looking at photos of a friend's new baby on Facebook and got two big wet patches! Not sure if that's a good sign but it's very odd. I'm making food! Also am still pooping a ridiculous amount, in fact it's stepped up a bit in the last day of two so am desperately hoping labour is just around the corner. No sign of my plug yet but my mw didn't seem to think I'd make my due date appointment :shrug: Aaaaaargh :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->