The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Kismet- aw that's terrible you have the flu! I hope you get better soon!

Cake- I'm sorry about your test results :hugs:

Sorry, Rachel! I had a brain fart about what amh indicated. :hugs: I agree that coq10 would be worth a try. I think you can get it at health food shops. At least they're saying you can still conceive -- even if it takes longer -- and that you can have clomid if needed. Hopefully you won't, though! :hugs: Can you have any further tests, like an ultrasound to see if you are ovulating and producing mature eggs?

I had a good chat with my mum yesterday about it all and she's going to buy me a CBFM, if I haven't conceived at the year benchmark OH will get a SA done and I'll be put straight on clomid! I'm not going to stress about it as that may make things worse, just going to cycle monitor to make sure I'm ovulating each month and see what happens naturally for the next 6 months...
I've slept on it and I feel a little less deflated, I think I was a little upset at being told my fertility was below average for my age. Had a good chat with OH and told him that if and when we do have a LO I won't want to leave it too long to try for a second! X

Kismet, sorry you've been feeling poorly lovely lady :hugs: Hope you're feeling better soon!

Cake, sounds like you've had a tough few days :hugs: Glad to hear you're being given lots of support by your family though, and that you have a plan of action should you need it. Lots of hugs :hugs:

AFM, woke up at 5am this morning with awful tummy cramps, then spent about an hour from 7-8 am simultaneously vomiting and having awful diaorreah. Poor hubby had to spend his first waking moments cleaning my sick up off the bathroom floor :blush: What a start to the weekend!

Love and hugs to you all :hugs:

Sooz - I hope I haven't scared you too much! Don't worry too much about it all, it does go quickly and you really do forget about it. I was only in real discomfort for about a fortnight, only bleeding heavily for that time too. I was more worried about recovery than I was labour and it was actually way easier than I thought :thumbup:

CC - Thanks so much for continuing to maintain the thread, it's good to see you around. I hope you're doing OK :hugs:

Kismet - I really hope you feel better soon. I couldn't believe what you said about the flu near you, how awful! It doesn't seem to be that big a deal here, nor norovirus. They were super vigilant in the hospital though, signs up everywhere and loads of extra rules about who and what you could take in.

Cake - I'm sorry to hear about your test results but at least you're on top of it all. It sounds like you really know what the next steps should be should you need them so you're in the best possible position given the circumstances!

Banana - You poor thing! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

AFM - It's been an eventful few days with taking Felix out for the first time in his Moby wrap (he loved it!) and spending all his Christmas money online. Lots of people sent us money and wanted us to buy things with it rather than putting it in the bank as it's so expensive to post actual presents. We've bought him a stack of toys, a toybox, a bookshelf and also a load of clothes and his cot (making the most of the January sales), all of which have arrived over the last few days. Exciting times! The pumping is still going OK so he's still on exclusively breast milk and he's a month old tomorrow which was the minimum date I set myself before he was born.

I've also had a bit of a clear out and have a load of stuff that will be going in the bin unless any of you ladies can make use of them (it'll have to be those of you from the UK only though I'm afraid as postage costs are a bitch!). I have the following that I haven't used:

- 3 packs Sainsburys Mum, Bump and Breastfeeding Pregnancy Care tablets (80 tablets)

- 2 packs Wellman Conception (50 tablets)

- 9 pairs Boots disposable knickers size 14-16 (but they're TINY, I was size 16 pre pregnancy and could barely get them past my knees!)

- Half a tub NHS 'Healthy Start' Pregnancy/Breastfeeding vitamins (about 20 tablets)

- Two IC tests

That's it for now but I'm sure there will be more over the coming weeks. If any of you can make use of anything and save yourselves a few quid I'll be glad to get rid of them, it seems a shame to chuck them :shrug:

Glad your doing well And still so positive about BF after it not going exactly to plan Jo :) bet he loved his sling :)
If you don't mind could I possibly have the well man conception vits? If you want me to cover postage etc i can do (I'm in liverpool) xx

Thanks CC, I'm just nervous as I'm only 27 and I'm below average for my age... Where would I get that COQ10 and what does it do? :) x

Glad you are feeling a little better about your results. This is the link for the COQ10 I use. Both me and DH take 200mg a day so 2 tablets. one in the morning and one at night. A lot of the 35+ ladies take a higher dose but it can cause side effects so we decided to keep it to a low dose and see how we get on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0019GW38G/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=drugstore

This is an article that explains it's use much better than I can

https://www.livestrong.com/article/370907-coenzyme-q10-and-fertility/

and this is the treat I was talking about in case you couldn't find it

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-over-35/1063061-coq10-statistics.html

Really hope this information helps honey :hugs:

Thanks CC, I might give it a try in a few months, gonna see what happens in the next few months with just eating healthier etc :) thank you for that info though, I'm glad there's something i may take should I need it xx

Glad your doing well And still so positive about BF after it not going exactly to plan Jo :) bet he loved his sling :)
If you don't mind could I possibly have the well man conception vits? If you want me to cover postage etc i can do (I'm in liverpool) xx

Yes of course, just PM me your address :thumbup:

Thanks CC, I might give it a try in a few months, gonna see what happens in the next few months with just eating healthier etc :) thank you for that info though, I'm glad there's something i may take should I need it xx

Your welcome, it does take about 3 months to make a difference so they say, but I hope you won't need it.

I'll post your parcel tomorrow Cake :thumbup:

I also have a packet and a half of Raspberry leaf tea bags (about 30 bags) if there's any takers? I don't know if it's just coincidence but I drank this religiously and my pushing stage was only 20 minutes, and my uterus was back to normal size by about day 6 post partum!

Jo, your shopping for presents sounds lovely! What a lucky little chappy your Felix is :thumbup:

Spent half the day at home due to snow today, although I managed to spend 3 hours of that dozing on the sofa! Anyone else have a snow day?!

I finished work just after lunch but it took me 3 hours to get home. So not really an afternoon off.

We were aloud an early day today so managed to leave work at half 2!

Ouch CC, 3 hours sounds awful! It took me 45 minutes to do a 10 minute journey and that felt bad enough!

And yep, our fruit salad is looking very good - although I'm not a big fan of papaya! :haha:

I have been reading this thread for months (10 months to be exact) but very rarely posting as i felt i didn't want to show how disappointing i feel when af shows or the few times it has been late and then getting a BFN.

I just wanted to say everyone has been amazing and i love the link that ties everyone together and how supportive everyone is. I just didn't feel that posting was for me although it is a great support for many...

Anyway i got my bfp today! In total shock! AF was due on Wed but it didn't show. I have been cramping the last few days but something told me to test. I was going to hold off until tomorro but thought WTH! 2 lines came up straight away. DH was down stairs and when i came into the room i said that he should sit down and then i showed him the test. We just stood hugging and crying our eyes out still doesn't feel real. Just did a digi as i have loads of pee (TMI)! and its says pregnant 2-3. Makes it sink in a little more!
We have our first appointment with the gynae a week on Friday. Isn't it strange how you finally get the appointment through and it happens? Hoping and praying the bean sticks and everything is ok but I am massively relieved that we have finally gotten a bfp

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79