The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Hi Ladies I'm doing well thanks, it is nice to see everyone back. Anyone seen Sooz?

Poor Felix, Jo - I hope he starts to feel better soon :hugs: My friend has had a tough time with reflux with her little boy, it sounds like such a pain! I also have my fingers crossed that the implant will work well for you :thumbup:

CC, glad to hear you're doing well :hugs: Not heard from Sooz in a while, but I did see her name pop up on a thread in the Second Trimester forum the other day, so I think she's around somewhere :thumbup:

aw poor felix. My friends daughter had it terrible and it was such a pain and she was hurting so bad. They gave her medicine though and she's better now so hopefully he'll get better too.

Hello ladies!

I'm so sorry for my silence! I've had a mix of wee issues (pun!). After my UTI on New years day I was left with UTI symptoms which I have struggled to get rid of even though my urine cultures have been clear. My mood also took and dive and to top it all I ended up with a chest infection and collapsed on the bus on Thursday. All a bit chaotic. Betty-bump keeps squirming away happily despite it but my midwifery care in the community has been shocking and I've never been able to get hold of anyone to speak to for advice. I've got my 28week appt on Thurs but haven't seen anyone since Dec 21st! Anyways, I shall stop moaning.

Sounds like our wee fruit salad is doing well! From raspberry to aubergine (ew what a combination)! Congrats on your wee seed Jaynie! Close bump-buds with mini-egg!

CC it's so lovely to see you on the boards again. You're such a pillar of strength (although I know you don't feel it at times!) and you really do brighten the wonderful board you started. I really hope you're doing OK. If you want to share what's happening then go for it but we're just glad to have you here!

Kismet - I'm so sorry - you must be feeling so drained and pretty lost. If you want to share - what are the main reasons for you not wanting IVF etc? Are fertility drugs an option? We're always here for you to bounce ideas/rant/cry at. I'm sorry you're having a rough ride with it all.

Cake - how's your journey going? Hope you're well.

Jo - sorry about Felix and his reflux. When I worked in SCBU we gave neonates milk with gaviscon powder - it smelt boke but did the trick! Poor souls. It was so awful to see them enjoy their milk only for it all to come pouring back oot! I hope it settles down. We found that tummy-time after feeds also used to help for the pukey ones. When we tube fed babies we did it on their tummies to help with puking.

Luvbug, Annaki and 'nana - how's 3rd trimester treating you all? Is it going quickly for you? I think it's dragging and I still have the ultimate fear of prem labour (from my days working in SCBU I think sadly....). I've been lurking on 3rd trimester boards but they are pretty daunting.....

Sorry for my abscence ladies - I feel very bad but didn't want to be here every time just moaning! Hugs to all :hugs: - weather is AWFUL here - torrential rain and wind. Keep cosy ladies!

Hi There Sooz, omg What a time you are having I hope you and Betty-bump are all well.

I'm OK honey thanks and thank you for your lovely words XXX

Hi to everyone else and hope you guys are doing OK too XXX

Oh gosh sooz. Sounds like things are going rough right now! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Kismet, that's completely understandable.

AFM- I've been hurting the past couple days. Just achy. Not sure if it's the weather, or baby or what but it's draining me! I could not fall asleep last night. And DH was working ( lucky for me so I got to text him instead of having him laying next to me sleeping haha). But I'm paying for it now because I'm beat!

Hope you're all doing well!

Hope all are ok, sorry to you Sooz and mrs.luvbug for both being under the weather :-( I've also had a bit of a tummy bug myself!

Kismet, it's completely understandable that you dont want to try IVF, I'm not sure I'd like to go down that route either!

AFM: AF has gotten me today so I'm off into my 7th cycle of TTC...
*someday soon it'll happen I hope*

Kis' that's totally understandable. I think a lot of people assume folk will automatically want IVF. It is pretty daunting and you have your facts straight. In the uk you can have it in the NHS but the waiting list is long and the criteria is quite strict. As long as you go for the option you both want then that's the main thing. The worst thing would be if you wanted one thing and he wanted something else. It's a lot of strain I know. For some couples it's the immediate miracle but you can't tell who that'll be huh. Wish I could tell you the best thing. There is no harm in continuing the smep because there is always that chance.

I relate to the pains Luvbug. Sometimes I sit down feeling achey and I'm not actually sure what's aching - I just know I'm aching! I've been starting to get BH contractions which are dead weird. They don't hurt at all but my belly goes rigid for 10 seconds. Happens randomly! I do recommend heat and a really large sausage pillow to help with comfort issues! x

:hugs: Rachel! :hugs: Low AMH sucks, but hopefully since time is on your side and your eggs are still young, we'll be cheering your BFP soon. :hugs:

Hugs to all those under the weather right now. :hugs:

Kismet, sounds like you and DH are really thinking things through sensibly. The important thing is the decision is right for you guys, and it sounds like you're on your way to working out what that is. Lots more :hugs: coming your way.

Cake, I'm so sorry that bloomin' witch got you again :nope: Keep your chin up lovely, and do your best to stay positive (I know that's easier said than done). Your body is obviously just waiting for the right time - it will happen :hugs:

Sooz, good to hear from you! :hugs: Sorry you've been really poorly, these babies definitely know how to put us through it!

Luvbug, sorry to hear you're feeling rough too :hugs:

AFM, I'm still officially in the second trimester, but only have a maximum of 12 weeks left to go as babies will be delivered at 36 weeks if they're not already here! I'm really excited to have hit V-Day today (24 weeks, when the babies are officially viable). Like you Sooz, I feel really nervous about premature labour, so I feel relieved to have at least got to a point where doctors would fight to save them and they would stand a chance. I'm trying to think of every day and week that they stay inside as a bonus now, rather than focusing on the whole 12 weeks. It's hard though - I thought I was bleeding last night (turned out I just had a little scratch on my bits which bled a tiny bit but it really freaked me out for a minute!) and I had such a panic about the possibility of going into labour early :blush:

I've also been plagued by annoying pregnancy problems the last few weeks - had horrid, recurring thrush (a yeast infection for you guys in the States!) and am also starting to really feel how big I am!! I'm struggling with my back a bit, and like Luvbug and Sooz am just feeling generally achey and sore. We just need to keep reminding ourselves that there really isn't that long to go - the end is in sight! :haha: And it'll all be so worth it in the end :thumbup:

Love to anyone I've not mentioned here, hope you're all well :hugs:

Thanks banana :) that almost made me cry (far too hormonal at the moment ha)
I'm sorry you have thrush, I know how horrible it is as I get recurring thrush and always keep a stock of canesten in my bathroom cupboard x

Aww Cake - have a good cry if you feel like it :hugs: Sometimes it's just what you need!

Cake - crying is awesome and can be such a release. Just make sure someone is there to hand you hankies and give you a big cuddle :hugs:

Thanks Girls :flower:
I've had a whinge, ate some warm chocolate brownies with ice cream and now I've picked myself up, brushed myself off and I'm thinking positive towards the next cycle... lucky number 7 perhaps???

Glad you're feeling more positive lovely :hugs: And warm chocolate brownies sound sooooo good!

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't posted much I've become a lurker. I do have some news though. Click my spoiler in my siggy for more info :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->