The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Our fruit salad is looking pretty good! Although I have no idea what an eggplant tastes like haha.

Congratulations Jaynie! That's sooo exciting. I hope it's a sticky bean!

Lucky girls, we haven't had any snow, so no snow days. Makes me a little sad as last year we had 3 snow days haha.

I hope everyone is doing well :hugs:

Eggplant is an aubergine if you're in the uk Mrs.luvbug :)

Congrats jaynie x

Congrats Jaynie,I was looking back over the thread this morning and saw your name pop up and was wondering how things were going for you! That's lovely news, well done you :hugs:

Luvbug, I'm not a fan of eggplant (or aubergine as we call it!) at all! Seems like the fruit and veg get less tasty as the weeks progress :haha:

Oh yay congratulations Jaynie:happydance:

I've never had eggplant but it looks gross, so not for me.

Cake - You're very welcome :thumbup:

Banana - believe it or not we have no snow whatsoever! Feeling very cheated living in the Highlands and seeing the rest of the country building snowmen!

CC - God how stressful, hope you had a fun filled snowy weekend to make up for your terrible journey!

Jaynie - Yay, such huge congratulations to you! What great news and I hope a bit of encouragement for the other scardicats who are still waiting. I'm sorry you had a longer journey than most but so glad it has happened for you now :hugs:

How is everyone doing? Other than this exciting news it's been quiet here lately.

We have had an eventful weekend for totally different reasons. Firstly Felix smiled yesterday for the first (and second, and third!) times which was just amazing. He'd sort of done it a few times before but it was the first time we'd been sure it was real and not wind/reflexes. Also in completely unrelated news me and OH DTD for the first time post-Felix last night! I will be way TMI here so stop reading if you don't want to know - but this was the one thing I felt I could never ask anyone about and was really worried about. It was nice and not painful, just a little sore at the 'entrance' and to be totally honest deeper inside I couldn't feel all that much :shrug: Not that it felt loose, just a bit numb I suppose. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I sort of anticipated 'trying' a couple of times and having to give up, but it was definitely different. But to be fair there was quite a lot that was different - we were both very nervous and tense, we were using a condom for the first time in ages, used loads of lube which can sometimes deaden sensation a bit and were obviously doing it for the first time with a baby snuffling in the same room. So all in all it was a success, I'm really glad we've got the dreaded 'first time' out of the way, it helped us reconnect a little as a couple but physically I do hope it improves. I'm sure it will though as we both relax, I continue to heal and I get back on contraception so can bin the condoms again. I am having the implant fitted next week :thumbup:

Aww Jo that's lovely, Felix's first smiles :) I've always been afraid to ask friends who have had baby's what sex is like after giving birth... OH is terrified ill feel different!
Good luck with the implant, I've been on it before, as have a few friends and we all had quite bad experiences with it... It literally made me feel suicidal, another friend suffered terrible mood swings and another bled for around 8 months constantly! I've also got a nasty scar on my arm from where it was put in and taken out as they didn't use the same scar!
I'm not trying to dissuade you as it's your choice, just giving my experience of it :) xx

Jo, I assumed you would have loads of snow up there! How strange! That's so lovely about Felix smiling, bless him! :cloud9: And good news about DTD too! I'm sure it'll get better each time you try now, but I can imagine the first time is pretty scary!

We've had a really lazy weekend. We were meant to see several sets of friends but the snow put paid to those plans! So instead, we had a very small wander in the snow in the park near our house yesterday (with me nervously clinging onto DH!) and built a huge snowman in our garden! It's snowed all day again today, so I'm desperately hoping for another snow day tomorrow! I feel much more nervous about the snow since being pregnant, so would much prefer to stay safely tucked up at home than have to leave the house and have a bit of a hairyjjourney in!

Jo you have no idea :blush: made the most of being indoors :haha:
YAY for that first smile it must have been perfect.
I had the implant, 2 to be exact and loved it. All I would say to you is don't believe them when they say you will be fertile as soon as it is removed
I know I am having problems but looking back for the first 6 months my cycles just got longer and longer. They have sorted themselves out now but if I were you if you are planning on trying again I would have it out prior to ttc. However with you being super fertile you would probably catch straight away :haha: I just don't want you disappointed if it takes longer next time x

:nope: I have bravely crawled out of my hole of self pity and none of you guys are here :cry:

I hope you are all back soon :hugs:

My doctor asked me if I had been thinking about what we were going to do after baby comes birth control wise. I was like uh no... I have plenty of other things on my mind haha. But the implant sure does sound interesting!

cc- it's so nice to hear from you! How have you been?

Banana- glad you had a nice weekend!

Kismet- I commented in your journal but wanted to give you some more :hugs: :hugs:

AFM- had a busy weekend with friends and family. I was feeling pretty lonely so it was nice to go up there. I got to see all my friends ( none of them flaked out which is a first ) and spent some time with MIL who just had a hip replacement.

Aww kismet that's awful news however your low ovarian reserve doesn't meant you won't have a baby... My mums friend had an AMH of 1.4 at 40 and now has a little girl aged 4!
I have hope for you xx

Kismet, lots more love and hugs coming your way :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Luvbug, glad you got to see lots of people at the weekend :thumbup: Hope you feel a little less lonely now :hugs:

I'm still here!

Thanks for the advice re: the implant ladies, I will bear it in mind. I had it fitted today. I'm not particularly keen on the idea but there's horror stories with all contraception I suppose :shrug: I can't go on the pill because I had migraines last time I was on it and I had a really bad experience with the coil so this is the only option really. She offered me a diaphragm but I don't fancy that at all.

In other news I have developed eczema on my hands from washing them so much and putting stuff in and out of the steriliser :dohh: so she's prescribed me something for that.

Felix has also been diagnosed with a relatively mild case of silent reflux so feeding continues to be an ordeal. There are medications available but like all medicines they have side effects and the doctor and I both feel his case isn't bad enough to warrant it.

I hope you're all doing really well and hope the UK ladies aren't suffering too much with the weather! Watching the news you'd think there'd been some sort of apocalypse :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->