The GREAT weight loss

Jamie - I'm terrible at diets too! I hate them and I have sworn off labeling any of my eating habits as dieting. It causes a huge mental block for me and I end up cheating just because I think I can't have anything good. Right now, I am focusing on one or two small changes a few days a week. This week, my goal has been to not drink any sugary drinks Monday through Thursday. And I failed, but that's okay. I didn't drink as much as I would have normally, so that's a step in the right direction. My other big thing is to stop eating out except for once or twice a month (this is for financial reasons too!).

How is everyone else doing? I am up to 65 minutes of my 150 minute exercise goal for this week. I did a Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels) workout and burned 440 calories! The diet was okay yesterday, but not great. Mostly healthy, but I had a few sips of soda and some junk food.

Welcome Jamie! :wave:

I've been on diets on and off since I was about 11. I too am a confort and emotional eater, but I am so determined this time round, I'm fed up of having the same feelings every year about myself yet never try and stick to anything to change it. We can do it! :thumbup:

Honestly, I havent done any exercise really. I know I need to, but having a bit of a hard time in my personal life, so I think the Diet it helping, giving me something to focus on. Havent felt hungry in the evenings as much, so I hope its my bodies way of telling me it's getting used to smaller 'normal' sized portions. :haha:

:hugs:

I weighed myself this morning out of curiousity, ive GAINED 3lbs!!
Thats why yesterday, i went through my cupboards and tossed all the junk, if its there - i'll eat it! (obviously,lol)
So i must get on track! This weight must go away, for good!

Hi all,had my weigh in on Friday and I stayed the same....a bit annoyed as I thought I'd done ok but at least it's not the other way!

Gem, like you said, better then a gain :)

I was so worried this week, I havent really eaten 'bad' things, just eat alot. Fortunatly I still lost 1lbs. If I can lose 3lbs next week then I will be 22st 13lbs, that would be amazing.

Life is so difficult atm, my dad has just found out he has cancer of the gullet and liver and they cant operate on it, so he has to have chemo :cry:, so sorry I havent been on much this week.

Hope everyone's weeks went well and you all have a fab weekend.

Off to update my post again, oh and ive changed my weigh days to friday now.

:hugs:

Oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear about your dad xxx
I lost 3lb today so that's half a stone so very pleased!! Xx

Hey Jess, so sorry about your dad. I hope the chemo nips it. And good job on the loss.

Gem - great loss!

I am not officially weighing in until after AF comes and goes (another week or two). I've been so bloated and retaining so much water that I just don't really want to see what the scale has to say right now.

Gem get you losing half a stone! Well done :happydance: Do you feel any better in yourself?

Dont'ya just hate when AF arrives and its weigh day, Happened to me last week, yet I still lost 4lbs. I was terrified I'd weigh more then what I started :haha:

Thanks girls, I hope it does too, whether he will lost his hair and everything having chemo I dont know, but I just hope it stops it spreading any further and it reduces in size. Hes not able to eat much and has so many drugs to take.

I really must get back into the swing of things this comming week!

AF snuck up on my a couple of hours ago! Hopefully by next Sunday, I will be able to post a loss too.

So ive slipped off the wagon big style today! Ive nibbeled all day. I am such an emotional eater, which I obviously havent dealt with yet.

Found out today my dad's cancer is untreatable (as it has spread all across his liver and spreading to his lungs) and he has 2-4 months left :cry: I am devestated on so many levels.

I want to stick to my diet but I can see this being an awful week food wise.

Hope everyone else is doing fab! :hugs:

Big big :hugs:. Don't be too hard on yourself. I've had a bad week also as I've had some marital problems. Miracles can happen and I hope your Dad gets one. Enjoy the time you have left, regardless.

Oh Jess I am SO SO very sorry to hear this, as kdea457 says enjoy every moment you have together.

I very much doubt I'll be having another loss tomorrow its been one of those weeks and I've had a curry on Sat, Macdonalds Sun & chip shop chips Mon.....But I enjoyed every mouthful!!:blush:

Can I join you?

I'm 31, weighed in at 14 stone this morning (4lbs lost this past week - yay!) and want to lose 4 stone. My motivations are that I don't want to start another pregnancy in the 'obese' category (booo) and I have pain when I walk so I'm hoping losing weight will help alleviate some of this (unfortunately it also means I'm not able to exercise or walk far).

Welcome Clarsair! Well done on your 4lb weight loss, I've just been to ww and have stayed the same which I am very pleased about considering what I ate over the w/e.... Heres to a much better week!

Oh Jess I am SO SO very sorry to hear this, as kdea457 says enjoy every moment you have together.

I very much doubt I'll be having another loss tomorrow its been one of those weeks and I've had a curry on Sat, Macdonalds Sun & chip shop chips Mon.....But I enjoyed every mouthful!!:blush:

Thanks hun. Now I have my car on the road I am able to go over there every day and see him, and A gets to see him. I have a few things in mind to do, so she has things in the future that help her remember her grandad. :)

Ooo I've eaten chinese and macdonalds this week, and I just got on the scales now, as I forgot it was friday today, and I still weigh the same, so not as bad as I thought it would be. I really REALLY need to get back on it this week, although I am sure I will eat crap tomorrow :haha:

Well done on staying the same too! :happydance: SOOO much better then a gain :thumbup:

Can I join you?

I'm 31, weighed in at 14 stone this morning (4lbs lost this past week - yay!) and want to lose 4 stone. My motivations are that I don't want to start another pregnancy in the 'obese' category (booo) and I have pain when I walk so I'm hoping losing weight will help alleviate some of this (unfortunately it also means I'm not able to exercise or walk far).

Welcome :wave:

Well done on your 4lbs loss!:thumbup:

I hated being 'high risk' during my pregnancy and I now worry that I am too overweight (although I weigh the same as when I concieved A) to get pregnanct again.

Hopfully losing weight will ease the pain. :hugs:

Whats everyones plans for the weekend then? I'll be going round my mum and dads, and dont have anything else planned.

xXx

Glad you are getting to see him regularly. How is he doing himself?
This w/e we will be dining out with some friends on Friday-it's been a year since we visited our fave Indian-in fact thr last time I was overdue so was trying a hot curry to get her out :) although I don't think a Chicken Tika Masala was going to do any good!!! Ha ha

Other than that we don't have much planned,pottering about,usual w/e jobs! Getting ready for Bea's birthday party the following Sat! X

What a week....boiler broke, so no heating or hot water, I was ill with a D&V bug and we decamped to DH's parents house after the cold got too much!

This weeks weight loss - 1lb. I'll take that, my goal is 1lb per week (given my mobility problems) but I did think I might've lost more after being so ill (that Indian takeaway on Tuesday couldn't have helped!).

I stayed the same for 2 weeks running so got a bit dispondent with it. Didn't weigh on Friday as I was preparing for Beas first birthday party on Sat(plus I knew I'd been bad....)
This wk I'm back on the salad but im just a bit bored of it really,I lost half a stone in two weeks so would really feel good if I could do the same again but the trouble is once I reach this stage I tend to just give up.

Can I join? I feel like I need some place where I could share whatever is going on through my weightloss process. So a bit about me:

Name: Marie-Eve
Weight: 287 lbs (don't know what that is in stones as I live in Canada)
Motivation: To get my BFP when we start TTC in August, to be healthier and set of good examples for mu future kids, to feel better with myself and feel pretty.
Amount needed to lose: I would say anout 110 pounds, but I'll take it along as it goes and see when I'll be satisfied with the way I look.
Mini goal: I'm on WW online and my first goal is 272,6 lbs, so this is my first goal.
Fitness goal: Be bale to run 30 minutes straight. At the moment, I try to go to the gym 5 times a week, but between law school and my part time, I sometimes lack the time or motivation to go. I'm currently doing brisk walk on the threadmill and elliptical for cardio and do about 30 minutes of weight lifting. I'm already seeing results on that side so this is good!

I've started WW online this past Sunday so I weigh in on Sundays, but I've been trying to lose weight for a while (without much success).

So, how is everyone doing?

Well I weighed today and put a pound on :-( although we did have Beas birthday party last week have since been eating cake every night,the piece shave been getting bigger to get rid of it!!!
I feel a bit fed up with it tbh;I always get to this stage then lose motivation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->