The Hunger Games

I really liked the movie actually. Of course the movie is never as good as the book but I was happy with it. The movie was over 2 hours long and I think they spent around an hour on the games, I didn't think it was rushed since in the book the games don't start till nearly halfway in. I liked seeing everything lead up to it! Really enjoyed :) Also in the past 3 weeks have finished reading the whole series :( now I'm bummed I have nothing to read!

I read the first book. It was difficult to make it through the 2nd. I think it was because I was working shift work. I am planning on re-reading them.

I read the books a few weeks ago and honestly I think its one of those rare occasions where the movie is better.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the books, especially the ending of Mockingjay, I kinda felt like the write just got bored :dohh:

I hoped for a sweet reunion between Peeta and Katniss :(

Yes! I heard the same. I am waiting to see the movie of course after I read all the books

I read the books a few weeks ago and honestly I think its one of those rare occasions where the movie is better.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the books, especially the ending of Mockingjay, I kinda felt like the write just got bored :dohh:

I really enjoyed the first two books but I was very disappointed by Mockingjay.

WHY kill Prim?? I thought having the whole book from Katniss perspective odd too. It was telling the the story of the revolution and the collapse of the Capitol and at the crucial moment you're reading about Katniss stuck in a room for months??! I felt a bit cheated out of an ending.
I agree it seemed like the author was bored, or just ran out of ideas, or maybe was pissed off and thought shed wreck it all :wacko:

I can't understand comparing these books/movie with Twilight as there's nothing to compare. These books were actually well written, as opposed to Twilight which wasn't well written at all. They aren't even in the same league. The Hunger Games while not being as good as the book was still much much better then the Twilight movies which in my opinion were not even worth seeing.

Someone said the books should have been more descriptive, while I love books that have a lot of detail, these books still were written with teens in mind as the audience and may not have enjoyed lengthy detail as much as adults do.

I liked both series. They were both very different, but I appreciated the different aspects of each one. I liked the Twilight books better than the movies, though. I will have to wait to see how I feel about all the Hunger Games movies.

I can't understand comparing these books/movie with Twilight as there's nothing to compare. These books were actually well written, as opposed to Twilight which wasn't well written at all. They aren't even in the same league. The Hunger Games while not being as good as the book was still much much better then the Twilight movies which in my opinion were not even worth seeing.

Someone said the books should have been more descriptive, while I love books that have a lot of detail, these books still were written with teens in mind as the audience and may not have enjoyed lengthy detail as much as adults do.

I agree! I forced myself to read Twilight... many were telling me .. just hang in there, it gets better. I was not pleased!

I really enjoyed the first two books but I was very disappointed by Mockingjay.

WHY kill Prim?? I thought having the whole book from Katniss perspective odd too. It was telling the the story of the revolution and the collapse of the Capitol and at the crucial moment you're reading about Katniss stuck in a room for months??! I felt a bit cheated out of an ending.
I agree it seemed like the author was bored, or just ran out of ideas, or maybe was pissed off and thought shed wreck it all :wacko:

I agree!

It was good writing in the sense that I really felt for Katniss, because it seemed like no matter what she did, the world shit on her. Pretty much anyone she allows herself to get comfortable with either dies or goes crazy.

:nope:

I thought all of the books were really well written - although i agree that the third book left me feeling like i wanted more...... im not sure what though!!

I just read all three books in 24 hours, I thought they were good but not amazing. Really want to see the film though even if its not very good its nice to see things play out on screen x

I loved the film but I haven't read the books, was the movie a good adaptation.

I loved the film but I haven't read the books, was the movie a good adaptation.

I think the film was a fab adaptation, very close to how things were in the book!
I'm so used to loving the book and being disappointed with the films but not this time round!

Completely hooked on these books! Thought the ending was slightly rushed and wrapped up a bit too quickly but this could be because i just wanted to carry on reading them! Loved the character Peeta :winkwink:
I didn't really get Prim and had no interest in her, till the very end where i then fell in love with her character!

Final saw the movie and it was crap compare to the book :( Seemed rushed during the hunger games. Casting was good though.

Totally agree that the film wasn't a great adaptation. Too much important stuff was missed/changed.

I loved the movie ... I found out there are 3 books out there . Who ever wants to get spoiled take a look at this amazing clip this amazing video editor vidded the whole story based on the books .... now I just cant wait till the next one comes out !!:happydance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ8rblG77k&feature=plcp

The second and third books are very different to the first though. Not what you expect AT ALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->