• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

she was 6 months pregant when she lost louise at a very hard part in her life, she was a result of rape and my partner didnt know she was pregnant til 4 months then she had a bleed and found out she had died and had give birth to her, kim gave false name when she went to a strange hospital and she told her mum she was only 12 weeks pregnant and called it a miscarriage.
i wasnt with her when this happened, i have pleaded with ehr to tell them but she wont.

but on the positive side little one was kicking like mad last night but if he goes quiet agin we will get checked out again as we went to hospital and they said he was fine.
x

Thanks for all the information girls.

This is an issue that really scares me, i have an anterior placenta and have never really felt anything resembling consistent movements. I'm high risk due to other complications and had to go to the local mat unit last week to get checked over.

The drs there said they are not happy at the amount of movements i feel as in their opinion by now i should get consistent movements even through the anterior placenta. I got a scan and the baby is breech and had his hands beside his head and legs right up at his chest all under the placenta so that maybe an explanation for the reduced feeling.

I'm now wondering at what point the little movements i feel become too little? I can still go over a whole day and not feel anything at all.

i was worrying earlier today when i was reading another thread about how difficult it is to really know if the amount of movement you feel is normal. just sat and watched my bump and i can see she is actually moving i just cant feel it at the moment.

there is no 'normal' amount. every baby is different.

I still question 'how are you suppose to know your feeling baby enough'...

but its all about gut instinct. If your concerned in anyway, get baby checked :hugs:

xxx

i was worrying earlier today when i was reading another thread about how difficult it is to really know if the amount of movement you feel is normal. just sat and watched my bump and i can see she is actually moving i just cant feel it at the moment.

that's not even something i considered UkCath. Right now i still have only seen two obvious movements from the outside, but maybe as he gets bigger i'll be able to see things i can't feel.

Often I can't feel movements inside but if I lie down and put my hands on my bump I can feel them on the outside, this is usually the ones where she is rolling rather than kicking/flopping a limb about.

I think she has turned to face my spine though as they are much less noticeable today than the last few days.

I'm now wondering at what point the little movements i feel become too little? I can still go over a whole day and not feel anything at all.

I had the exact same, my baby has never been a big mover, from the very beginning when everyone said i should be feeling kicks i wasn't. The most common time i started to feel movement was when i was lying down in bed just before i went to sleep at night & this wasn't every night.
My obsectrician didn't seem too worried, she said every baby is different & you will get to know your own babies movements.
Now at 37 weeks the movement has become alot more predominant in the last few weeks - i suppose because things are tighter in there!
I did end up going to the hospital 2 weeks ago as I hadn't felt baby move in a day so called them & they told me to come in - all was totally fine. But the words "Never sleep on it" kept on ringing in my head. If you are at all worried go get it checked out, so much better for peace of mind. :flower:

I had a scare yesterday. My baby is very active even now at 39 weeks, he has a little routine that is the same every day, for example he get hiccups at 10.30pm every night.

Yesterday he did not move after i had breakfast, which he always does. I ate something sweet, drank cold juice, laid on my side, shook my belly and called his nickname - nothing!

So I went to the drop-in midwife who listened in and heartbeat was ok but she sent me for monitoring at the hospital and thank goodness he was fine and moved of course when I got there, he is back to normal today.

The midwives were lovely, they did not make me feel stupid or fussing at all. PLease get checked if you are worried.

Bump.

Ladies if you experience reduced movements, please please call your Delivery Suite or DAU for monitoring.

V xxx

Hi all

Firstly I'd like to thank you and agree with you all 100%, with my DS I screamed and screamed for three wks as he didn't feel right anymore they finally gave in and scanned me I has an emergency c-section that day,.. well two nights ago baby stopped moving so much she went from roller coaster to ghost train, I am getting occassional nudges and almost popping/flicking sensation rather than big kicks. I went to the matty unit and they did CTG trace which was fine in their eyes her HB kept dropping though to 114 and then rising they said it was fine and she sounded great. I wasn't convinced but thought hey I have my growth and placenta scan 1wk today she will be fine...

Well I read through this thread today and took myself straight back to matty unit as she is still not moving as much as she was and any movement feels like it did in the beginning the trace was good however her hb sat at 112 - 128 alot rather than high 140's Like she usually does.. She did some proper kicks against the monitor though which made me feel bit better, the mw phoned the labour ward and they have requested I have another CTG done on fri morning and then I get my proper planned growth and placenta scan on Monday fx'd everything ok

Thanks again for listening and making me go back its nice to know they are monitoring her

Xxx

Thanks for the post. I definately agree to speak up. I went for my normal MW appointment on Friday and just "felt off" and baby wasn't moving - got sent for a trace that showed I was contracting! By the evening they were strong although I wasn't dilating. I had steroid injections to help mature baby's lungs. The contractions died down the next day but I spent the night in. Now its just a waiting game to see if it starts again. :wacko:

I went to the hospital for 2nd time today after my baby girl's movements really decreased. I was seen straightaway and put on monitor, which baby tried her best to kick off my bump!
MW's said heart tracing was normal and they are confident that baby is fine. Going back tomorrow for scan on placenta to make sure everything is OK.

Bump.

Please ladies, any decrease in movement, go to Delivery.

Don't use a doppler, you need proper monitoring.

V xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->