• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

im doing ok, having a good day for movements which def makes me feel more sane!!

Just remember, always go with your gut instinct :hugs:

xxx

Thanks hun, she is active today - but as I was in the hospital this morning (for blood pressure, not for movements) I have already had a trace and blood tests ect and all is fine. Just going to enjoy it like you :) :hugs:

wow... not long now!!!

xxx

No, fingers crossed not! I am too excited to wait another 5 weeks. Just want her to be safe and in the world now :)

babydeabreu :wave: cant send you a PM but just wanted you to know Im thinking of you today and cant wait to here of the safe arrival of your Little Man.

:hugs: xxx

hey jo :)

how comes you couldnt pm me? are you on fb? add me if you like

https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/lynseed :)

how you getting on hun? hows movement going? have you had anymore check ups? i hope that bump is ok in there :)

ill be watching you like your stalker now till your little on is here lol :flower::winkwink: :haha: xxx

babydeabreu :wave: cant send you a PM but just wanted you to know Im thinking of you today and cant wait to here of the safe arrival of your Little Man.

:hugs: xxx

hey jo :)

how comes you couldnt pm me? are you on fb? add me if you like

https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/lynseed :)

how you getting on hun? hows movement going? have you had anymore check ups? i hope that bump is ok in there :)

ill be watching you like your stalker now till your little on is here lol :flower::winkwink: :haha: xxx

maybe have to be a friend to PM you??!?! have sent friend request over!! :)

We are ok at the mo, have my next growth scan tomorrow so praying hes still growing well.

Hows Andreas? he is so so gorgeous!! I bet it feels amazing having him here!! little monkey... causing us all so much worry!!!!

xxx

maybe have to be a friend to PM you??!?! have sent friend request over!! :)

We are ok at the mo, have my next growth scan tomorrow so praying hes still growing well.

Hows Andreas? he is so so gorgeous!! I bet it feels amazing having him here!! little monkey... causing us all so much worry!!!!

xxx

ello my friend lol :happydance:

i wil be thinking of you tomorrow hope it goes well hun :)

andreas hes lovely..he is shitting 8 nappies aday weeing all over my hubby which is just soo funny...and eating my breast like theres no more food left in thwe world i actually feel like a walking fridge lol

have you seen the hair on him? he definitley is a monkey lol and definitely love to worrie us. even when hes born i havent stopped checking over him worrying i feel well drained already and im only on day 4...good times eh :) xxxx

All the data shows that mom is the BEST antepartum fetal surveillance (alarm system before the baby is out). Anytime you are concerned, you should call your health care provider-that's why we went into obstetrics...to take care of you. Towards the end of pregnancy (after 36 weeks), I always give my patients kick count instructions. I tell them to start counting at some specified time-how many discrete times the baby moves-...as long as the baby moves 10 times in 24 hours-you're good...so if you start at 8 am and count 10 movements, you are could till stop counting till 8 am the next day, and all is well. Anything less than 10 movements in a 24 hours period or movement that is decreased from the baby's usual pattern is reason to call.

Hey Ladies,
Just thought I'd share my most recent experience with you.

Even though I have an anterior placenta I have felt baby kick pretty much everyday...or at least move! On Tuesday I was walking around a lot and only felt her once/twice but just assumed I was rocking her to sleep and she would kick later once I'd eaten my dinner (she normally goes crazy if I have something warm or cold).

Once I got home I had my dinner... nothing. Worried me a bit so I had a freezing cold drink...nothing. I started jigging about and skipping then sat down...nothing. Safe to say I was bloody scared!

Rang delivery suite and they told me to come up... they put me on a ctg for half hour and gave me a button to click anytime I felt baby move. They found heartbeat straight away (cries of upset turned into flood of tears of joy) and we settled down to feel her kick.

As I was REALLY concentrating I could feel her kick very very lightly but not much...however, I could hear her kick a lot and very loudly. It turns out that she was totally fine but the way she was positioned that day meant she was kicking and punching into my placenta.

I explained that the reason I got freaked out was because even though I have anterior we've always felt her. The midwife said that we've been really lucky as most women with anterior wouldn't necessarily feel them that much.

It was true though...in the half hour we were monitored I felt her lightly about 10 times and hard kicks about 3. But we could hear her on the monitor and she must have booted me about 30 times!!

My midwife said that kick counting is old fashioned as it can sometimes upset (especially women with anterior placentas) if they only can count 8 or 9 kicks. When in reality babies are doing a lot more that can't be felt.

She said the main way of keeping track of your movements is through mother's intuition and thinking about how you experience the baby's daily movement pattern. She said I was completely right to go and get checked, as for me, the lack of movement was totally not normal.
She said I was right to do all the normal 'tricks' first as normally a good cold drink or warm food would move them a bit.

She said they are always willing to check out any mother's concerns as their job is to look after the welfare of the baby... and feeling like you are wasting their time is ridiculous as they would rather check and make sure everything is ok than leave a worried and upset mother at home stressing out!

I would totally ring again in the same situation but you should really rely on what you know about your own baby movements.

Hope this helps?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Th

i agree if in doubt just go to the hospital.
the worry of sitting at home is horrific. i've been on the ctg once already x

Went to the hospital today as id not really felt any movement, went on the monitor and she started kicking again :) but while on the monitor heart rate went from 130 ish down to 100 a few times, MW called the doctor in, he looked at the chart and said thats fine you can go??

Any one else experianced this was a bit unsure as i thought 100 was low?

thank you

hey carly i had the same, its fine hun..as long as it didint stay down that low then its normal. if it was serious they would have kept you in :) xx

Thank you. :)
LO is back on form today they do know how to make us worry x

lol they do indeed hun...i was so worried with my little boy that i was induced at 37weeks. i was up there 3-4 times aweek. but he was showing no signs for them to worrie. but as a mother or soon to be you cant help but think the worse, as you know from your other child. they love to worrie us lol :)

but if your ever worried again, its free to go up there and its free to get a check over as many times as you want :)

god luck though hun, wish you all the best xx

Wish I would have been part of this community 7yrs ago.

I didn't notice my baby's reduced movements and it wasn't until I got to the hospital for a routine appointment at 39wks that I found out that my baby had died :sad1:

I'm now 37wks pregnant and every time I feel I haven't noticed enough movement I go into a mild panic (until a set of little feet reassure me).

I didn't know about reduced movement before as all my previous pregnancies had been plain sailing because of what happened previously I've been given information from my midwife of what to look for.

Thank you for this post :thumbup:

sorry to hear of your loss from last time, you must be worried all the time this time round....i wish you and bubba a safe healthy delivery..

all the best xx

sorry for your loss luvbeinamummy x

Thank u Jox and Babydeabreau.

It has been very worrying but the end is near - I'm being induced tomorrow so I can finally relax and enjoy my baby

thanks to this post i managed to save my little boys life!!! thank you to keldac and thank you so much to bnb :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->