• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

I had a bit of scare over the weekend, had only felt baby move 3-4 times. Finally decided last night at 11pm to call hospital and midwife asked me to go in straight away. Baby was monitored for about 35 minutes and luckily he moved, kicked etc about 20 times. I did feel like I had wasted their time but both midwife that looked after me assured me I had done the right thing and if reducded movements again to call back to be seen again. I'm so glad I went to get checked now and the midwife were lovely and so kind.

i had sickness and ahem the runs over the weekend and was really conked out over it, and for the past two days i felt my bub had been on the quieter side, today i took the forum advice and thought i should go be seen just to be safe,and i ended up feeling like i wasted their time :( my community midwife (who is always 'sick') wouldnt pick up her phone so i phoned the hospital,had the phone put down on me twice and then waited another 15 mins for someone to answer, told them i was bad,now im ok, i'd eaten,lay down,everything she wanted me to do and still only had faint movement.

Went in,and my comm mw phoned back (she sounded very lazy about it all 'ohh yeaaahhhh they'll look at you' said in a very drab morbid accent) and then went to hospital, which none of the MW's there were very enthusiastic :(

Then got told 'we wont put you on a monitor as you are not 28 weeks' despite me only being a few days off,so we had the doppler. The heartbeat was found gladly but it was a quiet doppler :S so i questioned whether it was possible that the placenta could move,she shook her head over and over again like i was some kind of idiot - i mean come on im a FTM and no midwives at all have given me indepth info, ive got all my info from baby and bump, but gladly, hopefully bub is ok. :)
he even kicked the doppler,to which i pointed out to the midwife 'well i didnt feel that kick so see what i mean?' she looked glazed over :shrug:

Thank you to the ladies who contributed and created this thread and bringing it to my attention,im sorry for your losses :( :hugs:
but thanks for the advice :) thank you a billion xxxxxxxxx

MaybBaby - well done for going to the hosp. dont let their attitudes put you off going to the hosp again in your concerned in the future. It is their job to look after you and your baby xxx

MaybBaby - well done for going to the hosp. dont let their attitudes put you off going to the hosp again in your concerned in the future. It is their job to look after you and your baby xxx

Thank you hun :) everyone agrees that i did the right thing,midwives should be there to help us not make us feel horrid,im worried ive yet to come across a nice one :( but theres always hope that theres an understanding one in my NHS unit and thank you again to this thread for letting us know and be aware, baby comes first no matter what, life is too precious to umm and arr through. Thank you all xxxxx

There are some nice MWs around, ive been lucky enough to have dealt with a few in my pregnancies xxx good luck xxx

Wow thank you for sharing this information!! Thank the lord your baby is alive and kicking!!!!

We must all remember the docs Mw's and hospital are there to help us - I agree go and get checked out even if you feel you should wait a bit - I'm just thNkful you listened to your instincts!!

Thank you again for posting!

I had been so worried all week too about my baba as hadn't felt much movements compared to previous weeks. Like MaybBaby i had the runs too since the weekend and still have it a bit. So today after reading only halfway through this thread i decided to go to the doc. My doc saw me straight away and put the doppler on my tummy and right away the baby kicked the doppler! But i didn't feel that kick, hb is fine 144 and I have to say i am so so relieved.

Even though i have my 28 week hospital apmt tomorow I still felt that it was better to be safe than sorry and after reading the responses to this thread even a day can make a difference in the safety and health of our babies.

Thanks to Keldac for starting this thread, cos it got me up off my butt and down to the surgery and has put my mind at ease now after hearing hb. xx

I had been so worried all week too about my baba as hadn't felt much movements compared to previous weeks. Like MaybBaby i had the runs too since the weekend and still have it a bit. So today after reading only halfway through this thread i decided to go to the doc. My doc saw me straight away and put the doppler on my tummy and right away the baby kicked the doppler! But i didn't feel that kick, hb is fine 144 and I have to say i am so so relieved.

Thanks to Keldac for starting this thread, cos it got me up off my butt and down to the surgery and has put my mind at ease now after hearing hb. xx

well done babe! :thumbup: glad bub is fine and healthy :hugs: xxxxxxx

well done babe! :thumbup: glad bub is fine and healthy :hugs: xxxxxxx

Thanks hun! Its definitly put my mind at ease :hugs:

is it possible to just have a quiet baby ?
ive gone in so many times in the last month and sat at home worried sick about my little girl because when shes active, BOY IS SHE ACTIVE, and jumping around the joint , hurting me , but when shes quiet it scares the hell out of me :cry: ive gone 48hours with only feeling 2 or 3 kicks ! and ill often have days when i might feel a nudge here and there, but nothing that makes me think 'oh thats definately baby moving'.
i feel so useless going in to be checked all the time because they are always making HORRIBLE comments about how im always in there and must just be a worrier :nope: i even rang and asked if i could come in and they said no, because i was in 2 days beforehand and all would be fine :cry:
argh my son was never this quiet !

ive gone in so many times in the last month and sat at home worried sick about my little girl because when shes active, BOY IS SHE ACTIVE, and jumping around the joint , hurting me , but when shes quiet it scares the hell out of me :cry: ive gone 48hours with only feeling 2 or 3 kicks ! and ill often have days when i might feel a nudge here and there, but nothing that makes me think 'oh thats definately baby moving'.
i feel so useless going in to be checked all the time because they are always making HORRIBLE comments about how im always in there and must just be a worrier :nope: i even rang and asked if i could come in and they said no, because i was in 2 days beforehand and all would be fine :cry:

If your baby is active most days then you should be seen the days she isnt. I would complain about their attitudes and tell them that two days can change a lot. If they ever do that again, I would just turn up there, they cant turn you away :hugs:

they should never treat you like that,surely they should wonder why shes a quiet one? although my experience wasn't nice going in just once i dread to think how you feel. And to say NO to coming in because of 2 days before - how are they to know something serious hadn't happened?! :growlmad: im not getting a good picture of the majority of midwives nowadays all the ones i have come across bar one have been non complacent, moody, brash, vile, snappy and look at you as if you're simply dumb. YET not one of these midwives have told me any issues/worries/concerns that may occur in pregnancy and this is my first! why are we learning more from baby and bump, or boots emails than from our midwives?! and the non chalant attitude we get when we raise a concern worries me, one poor lady only got diagnosed with OC after persisting a million times as they just did not care THAT angered me. Keep pushing tiger, its YOU and YOUR baby that matter not them no matter how much they brush you off, if they keep acting the way they do, make complaints i would, chin up, im sure shes ok in there babe :hugs: xxxxxx

thankyou ladies :hugs: i wish midwives and nurses werent so awful !

I am absolutely appalled by some of the horrible experiences some of you ladies have had at the hands of some of these midwives.

I am a first time Mum and prone to panic and by 35 weeks had been up to either the maternal assessment unit or labor and delivery 5 times since 28 weeks for what I perceived as reduced fetal movement.

Not once was I made to feel stupid or that I was 'bothering' anyone and every time I went in even though everything was OK I was told that I had absolutely done the right thing to come in.

My hospital even went the extra mile for me after my 5th visit. They could clearly see that I was a worrier so said I could come in twice a week for a routine CTG purely to put my mind at rest that everything was OK with bubs. I have been doing that now for the last 3 weeks and I can not tell you how reassuring it has been.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with midwives and am so sorry that some of you have had such bad ones. Shame on those midwives. They shouldn't be in the profession.

Please don't ever let a grumpy or mean midwife put you off from being checked out. And if they make you feel silly isn't that a small price to pay to reassure you that everything is OK with your precious one? xx

Some midwives are so rude!

I went in yesterday as I hadn't felt LO move for 24 hours and luckily everything was fine. I was also lucky to have an amazing midwife. She said that if the same thing happens again, whether it be in a couple of days or longer to ring up straight away and not to feel bad and not to think that it was ok last time so it'll be ok this time.

Make sure you kick up a fuss if they refuse to see you! If you think something's wrong you have to get it checked, even if it was 2 days since the last time. LO could be distressed or something.

Thanks for posting.

I'm glad you all are ok.
What is a code Red crash section 7?:blush:

In simple Words a Code Red is an Emergency when the baby's heart is going to stop a Basic Still birth prevention

which the doctors failed to do with me back in 2004 and thats why my son isnt here now they kept me in the waiting room for 4 hours waiting by the time they didn an ultrasound was too late * and after that they said there was only half a heartbeat* LIES they let it go for too long because there wasnt any beds available......

LADIES PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENCE TO THIS BUT TAKE FROM SOMONE WHO HAS HAD A REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE LOOSING MY SON AT 32 WEEKS WAS THE WORST NIGHTMARE IN REALITY YOU COULD EVEN THINK OF

DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT IF YOU OR YOUR BODY DONT THINK SOMETHING IS RIGHT GO AND GET CHECKED STRAIGHT AWAY....

DONT LET THE TIME PASS...

DONT WORRY IF YOU THINK U FEEL DUMB AND STUPID BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO KNOW WITHIN YOUR SELF THAT U AND THE BUBS ARE WELL,
AND EVEN IF THE DOCTORS SAY SHIT TO YA DONT LISTEN TO THEM IGNORE THEM I'M SURE THEY WOULDNT WANT TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TABLE THINKING THE WORSE THING COULD BECOME A LIVING REALITY FOR ANYONE

I DONT wish any kind of loss to anyone no-one deserves to live my nightmares

i had 1 stillbirth in 2004 and 12 miscarriages
so i know what i'm talking about

just ignore any dumb remarks coming from someone who probably doesnt even have kids....

good luck everyone lots of love jes

Sorry to hear of your losses Jes and thanks for the good advice. xx

I agree with you, we should never leave it long if we have any worry about our LO's movements.

Thanks Jesica, im sorry for your loss :-(

xxx

I am rapidly becoming obessed about movements, I worry frantically every day. Everyone says that he should have a pattern by now, but he really doesnt. Sometimes he's really active if I wake in the night, sometimes as soon as I wake, sometimes not til bed time. I've also found he doesnt kick as hard now as he did pre 26 wks, but I get more pushing/pressure than swift kicks. My mw just says as long as its a non hiccup movement and theres 10 episodes in 24 hours thats fine, but I still worry about type of movement, no fixed pattern (doesnt help that dh works alternating sets of days and nights, so my sleep pattern can vary between 9am-6am right to 5am-4pm).

I feel a bit like I cant cope with the constant worrying and waiting for movement. Does anyone else feel like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->